[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

NinjaSiren

Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Required mods:
The Vehicle Framework by SmashPhil
JecsTools by Jecrell

Recommended with:
Run and Gun by Roolo
Search and Destroy by Roolo
EdB Prepare Carefully by Edbmods

Planned re-compatibility with:
Combat Extended by N7Huntsman

Download:
Github
Dropbox
Google Drive

Nightly Build Download (Buggy but latest changes):
Github

I was searching for a mod of vehicles and it ended up me finding this old mod from B17 to B18. I ended up forking it from github and continuing the work of Mason J. Caboose's Yes, Vehicles mod.

Original mod [A17/18] video by BaRKy.

Screenshots:

Vehicles:

Weapons:

Mod Order:

Source files:
Github

Credits:
XML and other files are made with Notepad++, Notepad++ is a free source code editor. Assembly files are coded using Microsoft's C# Programming Language + .NET Framework and Visual Studio.

Thank You Jecrell for making JecsTools, Neronix the original Vehicle Framework code from JecsTools ([O21] Vehicle Framework), SmashPhil for the new Vehicle Framework code for all vehicle mods, and Mason J. Caboose for making the original WIP mod! Thank you for Hjkma/Taranchuk for the Combat Extended patch Hotfix #2 and Weapons Balancing patch!

[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Changelogs
v0.3

- Fixed serious bug Rimworld.ThingDefGenerator_Corpses.CalculateMarketValue (Verse.ThingDef raceDef).
- Fixed visual bugs.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

SargBjornson

Last time I checked, Jecstools vehicle functions were giving waaay too many errors, how did you work around them? I see they haven't been updated in a while

NinjaSiren

Quote from: SargBjornson on February 26, 2019, 10:07:16 AM
Last time I checked, Jecstools vehicle functions were giving waaay too many errors, how did you work around them? I see they haven't been updated in a while

I just changed the old B17-B18 XML codes to the 1.0 version, and added additional images (ie. *_back, *_south). The vehicles works as intended, a pawn that allows colonist to get in and drive. But the weapons, if installed in the vehicle it causes a looping JobGiver_Wait bug that disables the weapons to be used on a vehicle. It still messy, and Abit alot of bugs.

NinjaSiren

Changelogs:
v0.3b

- No auto-mod disable and no CTD, currently.
- Fixed visual vehicle orientation.
- Vehicles are now moving as intended.
- Serious bug: Caused by a looping error of the JobGiver_Wait command. Weapons are non-functional.
- Defs XML files are now categorized in folders by its purpose. Please do not download yet. Tomorrow, you can already.

NinjaSiren

I am now stuck with this bug, but I will still continue this mod:
JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Tank15920 driver=JobDriver_Wait (toilIndex=0) driver.job=(Wait (Job_22662)) lastJobGiver=null
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait.CheckForAutoAttack () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Anyone who could help me here, the vehicles are already moving as intended. But the weapons gets disabled by this bug.

Deer87

Does this mean, that the mod works, except for the weapons?

And could a slimmed down "pacifist" version be made?

makute

Quote from: Deer87 on March 04, 2019, 08:20:25 AM

Even if that's the case, I'm using the hell out of this mod. It still baffles me that there are no land vehicles mods for Rimworld.

Anomaly

Good stuff. It always seemed odd that I can build power armor and a frikkin space ship but I cant make a truck.

NinjaSiren

If you see your colonists/tribes gets kicked out after a while from your vehicle it's because of the unfinished vehicle library from JecsTools. JecsTools CompVehicle library, the library that uses this is a pile of uninished codes.

You're colonists should have a high mood just to use or add colonists inside the vehicle.

Changelog:
0.3c

- Added ATV
- Colonists could not go out of the vehicle because of some JecsTools problems, until JecsTools CompVehicle is not finished this will never be fixed.

NinjaSiren

The mod is pretty much non-violent currently. If I'll make a version with a pacifist mode. I'll think about that.

Deer87

Quote from: NinjaSiren on March 09, 2019, 06:50:05 PM

The mod is pretty much non-violent currently. If I'll make a version with a pacifist mode. I'll think about that.

What I meant was that if the weaponry is the only big issue, you could make a version with the unarmend vehicles, so we could play a more or less finished version :)

How does the vehicles handle getting shot at? I play with CE and such, so i might have to look into some rebalancing in terms of armour ect.

NinjaSiren

You can look around the mod. It's just a bunch of XML and image files. But it's still buggy even the vehicles itself. Until JecsTools is fixed.

whiskydan

Hey it looks this mod could use some new sprite work(most urgently the ATV). I already made a recon jeep for personal use with "Giddy-Up!" but it would be much better here with no animal AI...

kaptain_kavern