[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Ven

So im not sure if you're aware of these issues or not, but i will describe them anyway. As far as im aware, no debug errors were logged.

• Vehicles Sprites do not turn as they did in previous versions of the mod, they are always facing in one direction.

• Drafting a vehicle causes the buttons at the bottom of the screen to dissapear (such as the draft button, load driver etc) resulting in you being unable to undraft the vehicle, and thus any colonists inside are stuck there until forced out due to low needs.

• While a vehicle is drafted, after moving the vehicle after a few ingame hours it will proceed to roam around by itself, sometimes even hauling objects

• Assembling vehicles lacks a progress bar

• The toggle power button does not do anything, not entirely sure what it was supposed to do anway, yet i still figured it was worth mentioning just incase.

That's about it i think...
    I will edit this post, or post a new one if i find any other issues.
    It should be worth noting however that i am using the "Misc. Robots" mod by Haplo-X1 found here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724602224
I think its worth mentioning that as mentioned before, vehicles, while being driven would roam around by themselves and even haul objects, which seems very similar to how Haulerbots work in the mod i linked above. (There is a github link on that steam page, might be worth looking at that mods code. I would myself, but i know almost nothing about rimworld modding) So...Potential Conflict perhaps? If so, any easy way to code around it?

But yea, just figured i'd let you know about those issues incase you were not aware of them.
[/list]

R e h a n

hey mate i made Soviet Combat Vehicle thread in this Unfinished board check it out maybe anyone can help my mod and this mod at same time ;) (im using this mod as base for my mod thats why im send this message to this post)

phas

Quote from: Ven on April 27, 2019, 02:56:21 AM
So im not sure if you're aware of these issues or not, but i will describe them anyway. As far as im aware, no debug errors were logged.
[...]

I just looked at the "yes vehicles" repo and found out that it doesn't contain code, it just objects definitions. All the business logic of vehicles is in Jecs Tools. This has implies a series of nice consequences

• your perfectly good bug report is actually useless because the bugs are in jecs tools not in yes vehicles
  • it's clear now why the bugs exists: there's no other mod that implements vehicles using jecs tools so the jecs tools team cannot test their vehicles (lol)
  • since there's no ticket tracker on jecs tools repo, we have no way to inform jecs tools team that A yes vehicles it's working with 1.0 now and there are bugs to be fixed
  • as a result, we probably never get functioning vehicles

Honestly, why the jecs tools team doesn't provide a reference implementation of vehicles defs is beyond me.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: phas on May 16, 2019, 07:48:53 PM
Quote from: Ven on April 27, 2019, 02:56:21 AM
[...]

I just looked at the "yes vehicles" repo and found out that it doesn't contain code, it just objects definitions. All the business logic of vehicles is in Jecs Tools. This has implies a series of nice consequences

• your perfectly good bug report is actually useless because the bugs are in jecs tools not in yes vehicles
  • it's clear now why the bugs exists: there's no other mod that implements vehicles using jecs tools so the jecs tools team cannot test their vehicles (lol)
  • since there's no ticket tracker on jecs tools repo, we have no way to inform jecs tools team that A yes vehicles it's working with 1.0 now and there are bugs to be fixed
  • as a result, we probably never get functioning vehicles

Honestly, why the jecs tools team doesn't provide a reference implementation of vehicles defs is beyond me.

That's why. Until JecsTools are fixed, this mod will not work completely.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

LunaticModo6

Hey guys, the drafted vehicles command icons disappearing? It can be fixed by forming a caravan with the vehicle and reentering the map. Problem is, it won't 'wander' to the base and you might have to unload at the edge of the map.

xylr

So the original mod page doesn't say, but the only point I see in having vehicles would be to increase your caravan speed without needing to raise animals and use giddy up.  Is caravan speed effected by this mod?  If not then I guess this is a request.

[email protected]

Hi guys! Greetings for this wonderfull mod. I'm new arround here and it is me very first post. I'm trying the mod right now and have built a truck, but I don't know how to use it. I mean, can't form a caravan or even move it with a pawn inside it as a driver. Exists some sort of tutorial or help document? I have reed the entire entry, but as english is not my mother language I can't be sure I have understood everything right. Can anyone help me, please?

NinjaSiren

Hi there, I'm NinjaSiren the current developer of this mod. This mod is still in Work In Progress mode. Bugs are still in the mod, and until JecsTools mod finishes their development on the vehicles codes, this mod will not be finished.

Thank you for you patronage!

Contact me for any other problems at: [email protected]
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Did Jecrell fixed or touched JecsTools? I am really waiting for that, so this mod will become finished!  ;D

NinjaSiren

Quote from: xylr on May 18, 2019, 04:36:06 AM
So the original mod page doesn't say, but the only point I see in having vehicles would be to increase your caravan speed without needing to raise animals and use giddy up.  Is caravan speed effected by this mod?  If not then I guess this is a request.

The Giddy up concept was originally an idea from me as a replacement to the JecsTools problems that I am facing right now. Still checking Giddy up libraries to make it work.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: NinjaSiren on July 10, 2019, 01:41:31 PM
Did Jecrell fixed or touched JecsTools? I am really waiting for that, so this mod will become finished!  ;D

image hosting

Well, I saw the answer. Not yet, sigh... waiting for it...

[email protected]

NinjaSiren

[email protected]

cause I'm not enjoying the game  :'( Since I made myself to the idea of driving at rimworld I can't be satisfied with less