[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

xylr

So glad I checked back on this mod when I did.  About to start a new play through.  I'll report back on any thing I run into (of course I'll try and make sure they're not known issues first.)

NinjaSiren

Quote from: xylr on August 13, 2019, 07:27:45 AM
So glad I checked back on this mod when I did.  About to start a new play through.  I'll report back on any thing I run into (of course I'll try and make sure they're not known issues first.)

Do you make YouTube gaming videos about Rimworld?
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

xylr

Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 13, 2019, 08:04:56 AM

I do not.  I just meant I was getting back into the game after a bit of a break.  I've been following this specific version of the mod for a minute though.  Thanks again for all your work.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: xylr on August 13, 2019, 09:10:49 AM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on August 13, 2019, 08:04:56 AM

I do not.  I just meant I was getting back into the game after a bit of a break.  I've been following this specific version of the mod for a minute though.  Thanks again for all your work.

Oh, you're welcome! No problems!
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Just changed a large part of the mod abit.
Will not upload the changes for the meantime.

Changelogs:
- AI Factions vehicles has now their own vehicle color per faction type (Outlander, Pirate).
- Pirates vehicles tend to use lower tier weapons than Outlanders.
- Separated player Vehicles and AI Faction vehicles, so you won't get the "free weapon" bug when you assemble the APC and Tank.
- Changed vehicle speeds. (ATV = 9, Truck = 8, APC = 7, Tank = 4.5), they are now slower and much more realistic.

Near future mini-updates:
- Addition of "Boomalope" explosion possibly in random when killed.
- Adding flammability in vehicles.
- New Tank and APC designs?

WolfgangPolska

I'm using truck, and when I try to make caravan, first i put driver in it, then on caravan screen it says that i need non-downed colonist, despite having perfectly healthy driver, when I take colonist with me caravan speed drops to foot speed and I cant put him in truck, beacuse caravan is then lost. How to make caravan with vehicles? Also, when drafted vehicles are not willing to go to any position
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Hjkma

This bug is not in mod, but in the framework. The framework developer is aware of this bug and is trying to fix the bug. For now, just select one pawn that is not in the vehicles. You can also use the Giddy Up mod and choose an animal rider and the speed of the caravan will not drop much. And when you use Achtung and Hospitality together, then a compatibility error appears when you trying to move vehicles, so you need to choose one of these mods with which you will play, but not both.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on August 14, 2019, 06:29:08 AM
I'm using truck, and when I try to make caravan, first i put driver in it, then on caravan screen it says that i need non-downed colonist, despite having perfectly healthy driver, when I take colonist with me caravan speed drops to foot speed and I cant put him in truck, beacuse caravan is then lost. How to make caravan with vehicles? Also, when drafted vehicles are not willing to go to any position

Make sure the colonist (pawn) you want to put in a vehicle has good mood, no needs, and not-downed.

And when you make a caravan, make sure you have one colonist in the driver, and the vehicle is not drafted.

Can i also see your mod list? maybe a mod may had a conflict?

NinjaSiren

v0.7d + Hotfix Changelog:

- Major update, New game is optional, but maybe needed. (Sorry for the inconvinence.)
- Added vehicle flammability values. (Vehicles can now burn!)
- Added exploding vehicles when damaged. (Boom! Vehicles, it kinda has a bug but non-critical.)
- Added chanceToStartFire values. (When vehicles explode, it can cause a wildfire!)
- Added different color schemes for different AI faction type. (Red = Bandits, Light Green = Outlanders)
- Added support compatibility with Run and Gun.
- Nerfed vehicle excessive movement speeds. (No more ultra-Blitzkrieg!)
- Changed Combat Extended vehicle weapons and melee values. (Fast firing guns galore and accuracy hotfix.)
- Changed Combat Extended 20x110mm Hispano projectile to explode on impact. (Fire in the hole, Boom!)
- Non-critical bug found when clicking the info of a vehicle (Not-fixed yet).
- Non-critical bug found when vehicles die and explode (Not-fixed yet).
- Transferred and updated CE_patches.xml from CombatExtended/Patches folder to Yes, Vehicles, Finally!/Patches (Updated by Hjkma)

Link: v0.7d Release

Download:

Hjkma

Can you integrate the patch for CE directly into the mod? It's not very convenient to replace the patch in the CE folder every time each time when the mod and/or patch are updated, it's better when the patch is right in the mod and there is no need to download and unpack additional files.

sidfu

for patches for other mods u can use xpath.
that way u can set it up if x mod is enabled it will enable the xpath

NinjaSiren

Quote from: sidfu on August 16, 2019, 07:33:46 AM
for patches for other mods u can use xpath.
that way u can set it up if x mod is enabled it will enable the xpath

All of my patches are in XML <xpath>.

Quote from: Hjkma on August 15, 2019, 01:43:36 PM
Can you integrate the patch for CE directly into the mod? It's not very convenient to replace the patch in the CE folder every time each time when the mod and/or patch are updated, it's better when the patch is right in the mod and there is no need to download and unpack additional files.

I did not want to dabble on C# for the meantime. I am as well making my thesis currently, it's an android application and game using Android Studio (Java) with LibGDX, basically I am very much into programming/coding deep right now.

Somewhat fixed, pick a download.

Link: v0.7d Release

Download:

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on August 16, 2019, 02:07:40 PM
NinjaSiren, there is no need to code in C#, everything is done through XML. You most likely just need to add a few lines to make the patch activated if Combat Extended is loaded. See how this is implemented in other mods:
https://github.com/XeoNovaDan/SurvivalTools/blob/master/1.0/Patches/CombatExtended/Patch.xml
https://github.com/IndoOreno/MedicalSystemExpansion/blob/master/Patches/CombatExtended/HediffDefs/Hediffs_AddedParts.xml
https://github.com/rvanasa/rimworld-cities/blob/master/Patches/CombatExtended/Patch_MapGeneration.xml

Ever since v0.6 when CE compatibility was introduced with Yes, Vehicles. It was all XML. I just never integrated it in the patches folder for my mod, causes alot of errors.

That's why I inserted the CE_patches.xml file in the CombatExtended/patches folder, no errors happening in the Dev tool console.

Look at my upload for CE patches,
https://github.com/NinjaSiren/Yes-Vehicles-finally/blob/master/CombatExtended/Patches/Yes%2C%20Vehicles%2C%20Finally!/CE_Patches.xml

It is an XML file, I just place the file in /mods/CombatExtended/Patches/Yes, Vehicles, Finally! folder.

Even my Raids_patches.xml file is located at mods/Yes, Vehicles, Finally!/Patches.

The only thing I can't place is ammoUser, because you can't just load ammo yet. [O21] Vehicle Framework limitations.

And the <Operation Class="PatchOperationFindMod> with the <match Class="PatchOperationSequence> codes have been a problem for me ever since v0.7, I tried to do and integrate those codes, it ends up creating more red in the Dev console.

I'll stick with the XML in the CombatExtended folder for the meantime.

Hjkma

Well, I edited the patch and put it in Yes, Vehicles, Finally! [WIP]\Patches\CE_Patches.xml and I don't see any red errors.
Take the xml code and see if you have any errors.
https://pastebin.com/hUeTxHt7

Do I understand correctly that due to a problem with AmmoUser, the patch is not functional at the moment?