[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Ruisuki

Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 07, 2019, 05:03:05 AM
Quote from: Canute on September 07, 2019, 04:22:58 AM
Personaly i wouldn't like it.
You can produce weapon at once too, without crafting parts first (like Hardcore SK modpack).

So its better off not adding additional parts? Ie. almost instant production.
maybe that can be a side mod, custom car mods - mod, 'pimp my ride' edition :D

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Ruisuki on September 08, 2019, 06:33:16 PM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 07, 2019, 05:03:05 AM
Quote from: Canute on September 07, 2019, 04:22:58 AM
Personaly i wouldn't like it.
You can produce weapon at once too, without crafting parts first (like Hardcore SK modpack).

That can be ok as well :3
So its better off not adding additional parts? Ie. almost instant production.
maybe that can be a side mod, custom car mods - mod, 'pimp my ride' edition :D

Hmmm....
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on September 07, 2019, 05:34:46 PM
To add defs to Combat Expanded, it is possible using LoadOnDemand.dll. Read this topic:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49088.0
There is no need to require players to copy files to the Combat Extended folder themselves. When you make a release in Steam, the players most likely will not read the description completely and will assume that they have installed the mod completely at the touch of a button, and will massively complain about a broken CE, it is better to avoid this.

Hjkma, I just did LoadOnDemand, i just hotfixed the current new version.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Hjkma

Has anyone encountered a glitch when at quest enemy camps, when there are enemy vehicles there, then as soon as pawns shoot at them, the map becomes dark and nothing is visible on it?

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on September 10, 2019, 07:41:28 PM
Has anyone encountered a glitch when at quest enemy camps, when there are enemy vehicles there, then as soon as pawns shoot at them, the map becomes dark and nothing is visible on it?

That's something, I'll check on it. Have you checked the log file what caused it?

Hjkma

Yes, here is the log: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/06eb65fae20f872862efbc7cafaf2fea/raw/41b6d94c49f47e107e7f37284497a304fedfdb62/output_log.txt

Error when it started:
Root level exception in Update(): System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Verse.GlowFlooder.InitStatusesAndPushStartNode (System.Int32& curIndex, IntVec3 start) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GlowFlooder.AddFloodGlowFor (Verse.CompGlower theGlower, UnityEngine.Color32[] glowGrid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GlowGrid.RecalculateAllGlow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GlowGrid.GlowGridUpdate_First () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.UpdatePlay () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on September 11, 2019, 09:35:44 AM
Yes, here is the log: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/06eb65fae20f872862efbc7cafaf2fea/raw/41b6d94c49f47e107e7f37284497a304fedfdb62/output_log.txt

Error when it started:
Root level exception in Update(): System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Verse.GlowFlooder.InitStatusesAndPushStartNode (System.Int32& curIndex, IntVec3 start) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GlowFlooder.AddFloodGlowFor (Verse.CompGlower theGlower, UnityEngine.Color32[] glowGrid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

can I check your Yes, Vehicles, Finally!/Defs/ThingDefs_Races/*.xml files?

NinjaSiren

Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 11, 2019, 11:18:46 AM
Quote from: Hjkma on September 11, 2019, 09:35:44 AM

Error when it started:

can I check your Yes, Vehicles, Finally!/Defs/ThingDefs_Races/*.xml files?

I checked it, the CompGlower is not there that will not cause any of the bugs. I guess a new bug from the vehicle framework? Still checking what causes it.

Potato211

Could you please add an option to disable or just remove entirely the "Colonist has left the vehicle due to low needs"? I can't strech enough how utterly annoying it is when my caravan gets ambushed and then i try to resume the trip just to have that message pop up even when the colonist is all green.

Hjkma

This is hardcoded in the framework. You can use a C# compiler, go to the source folder, find the file CompProperties_Vehicle.cs and set the variable 'ejectIfBelowNeedPercent' to 0f, compile the code and replace the dll, then this will at least simplify your problem. Or you can completely disable the rejecting code, if your C# skills can handle it.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Potato211 on September 13, 2019, 10:46:10 PM
Could you please add an option to disable or just remove entirely the "Colonist has left the vehicle due to low needs"? I can't strech enough how utterly annoying it is when my caravan gets ambushed and then i try to resume the trip just to have that message pop up even when the colonist is all green.

The answer of your question is this:

Quote from: Hjkma on September 13, 2019, 11:51:10 PM
This is hardcoded in the framework. You can use a C# compiler, go to the source folder, find the file CompProperties_Vehicle.cs and set the variable 'ejectIfBelowNeedPercent' to 0f, compile the code and replace the dll, then this will at least simplify your problem. Or you can completely disable the rejecting code, if your C# skills can handle it.

omatkoicorko

hi,

i cant assemble parts... progress bar is showing up but its 0% all the time. i had it in 0.7e ver and in newest one. i dont use CE

edit: also i have seen raid with ATV and truck without drivers... is this feature or bug?
edit2: does vehicle might be broken like any other machinery in rimworld? cuz im using Fluffy Breakdowns and i can see how slowly his maintenance is droping...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CRC_Reintegrated.ArmouryUtility.GetColonistArmouryPoints (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Pawn>,RimWorld.IIncidentTarget,single&,single&) <0x00459>
at CRC_Reintegrated.MarvsStoryTellerUtility.CombatReadinessPoints (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget) <0x0006f>
at CRC_Reintegrated.MarvsStoryTellerUtility.Prefix (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget,single&) <0x00020>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.StorytellerUtility.DefaultThreatPointsNow_Patch1 (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget) <0x0005e>
at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle/<MakeIntervalIncidents>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x0026d>
at RimWorld.Storyteller/<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () <0x00443>
at RimWorld.Storyteller/<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x001ce>
at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () <0x00105>
at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () <0x00610>

Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update_Patch1(Object)

NinjaSiren

Quote from: omatkoicorko on September 15, 2019, 09:13:30 AM
hi,

i cant assemble parts... progress bar is showing up but its 0% all the time. i had it in 0.7e ver and in newest one. i dont use CE

edit: also i have seen raid with ATV and truck without drivers... is this feature or bug?
edit2: does vehicle might be broken like any other machinery in rimworld? cuz im using Fluffy Breakdowns and i can see how slowly his maintenance is droping...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CRC_Reintegrated.ArmouryUtility.GetColonistArmouryPoints (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Pawn>,RimWorld.IIncidentTarget,single&,single&) <0x00459>
at CRC_Reintegrated.MarvsStoryTellerUtility.CombatReadinessPoints (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget) <0x0006f>
at CRC_Reintegrated.MarvsStoryTellerUtility.Prefix (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget,single&) <0x00020>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.StorytellerUtility.DefaultThreatPointsNow_Patch1 (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget) <0x0005e>
at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle/<MakeIntervalIncidents>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x0026d>
at RimWorld.Storyteller/<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () <0x00443>
at RimWorld.Storyteller/<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x001ce>
at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () <0x00105>
at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () <0x00610>

Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update_Patch1(Object)

try to overwrite files or delete previous files and recopy the new one. And make sure this mod is the last mod you got in your mod load order.

edit: Bug.
edit2: if you install fluffy, it will breakdown. but its not yet fully implemented.

Potato211

Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 14, 2019, 12:46:40 PM
Quote from: Potato211 on September 13, 2019, 10:46:10 PM

The answer of your question is this:

Quote from: Hjkma on September 13, 2019, 11:51:10 PM

I hace zero C# Skills but i'll try. Will Notepad++ do the job?
Edit: This is before i touched the file and it keeps happening even after changing it to 0 or 0.0. I am not sure how to compile it in the compiler i found nor what dll i am supossed to replace. Those are the needs of the guy i'm trying to make the driver.