[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

omatkoicorko

Quote from: NinjaSiren on September 15, 2019, 01:45:38 PM
try to overwrite files or delete previous files and recopy the new one. And make sure this mod is the last mod you got in your mod load order.

edit: Bug.
edit2: if you install fluffy, it will breakdown. but its not yet fully implemented.
i did it, didnt work, also mod is at the very bottom of my mod list

Hjkma

Potato211, you must compile a dll called O21VehicleFramework.dll and put it in the Mods\[O21] Vehicle Framework\Assemblies\ folder, replacing the existing file there. This is done through Visual Studio or any existing C# compiler, no text editors are suitable here.

In case you still have difficulty compiling, here is a modified dll with variable that I set to 0.01f, just to avoid starvation if I forget the pawns in the vehicles. Just keep in mind that I'm not going to upload a new modified dll, every time as soon as the framework update comes out, you have to do it yourself.

omatkoicorko

Quote from: Hjkma on September 15, 2019, 03:48:34 PM
Potato211, you must compile a dll called O21VehicleFramework.dll and put it in the Mods\[O21] Vehicle Framework\Assemblies\ folder, replacing the existing file there. This is done through Visual Studio or any existing C# compiler, no text editors are suitable here.

In case you still have difficulty compiling, here is a modified dll with variable that I set to 0.01f, just to avoid starvation if I forget the pawns in the vehicles. Just keep in mind that I'm not going to upload a new modified dll, every time as soon as the framework update comes out, you have to do it yourself.
or maybe talk to mod author to address that issue?

question from me and observation.
only driver can be part of caravan? as when i formed caravan and uploaded pawns inside as passengers, APC was waiting for them to be unloaded in order to move from map. also while forming caravan, APC with driver moved to storage for items, it wasnt waiting at caravan gather point.
and using all pawns in APC makes travel faster on world map?

ps. i have to admit that low needs thing is really annoing

regards

Potato211

Quote from: Hjkma on September 15, 2019, 03:48:34 PM

I'll look into it and i appreciate the assist. Thanks-

Edit: Well it is harder than i thought. Guess i'll have to ditch the truck since i can't load any colonist into it even when they are all green.

omatkoicorko

log that i have posted yesterday in some point cause freezes as game is counts this over and over. after i destroyed vehicle via dev mode, everything started to work normally

edit: mod combat readiness do not work well with vehicles, after i removed it, game works even smoother ;P

NinjaSiren

Quote from: omatkoicorko on September 16, 2019, 06:34:05 AM
log that i have posted yesterday in some point cause freezes as game is counts this over and over. after i destroyed vehicle via dev mode, everything started to work normally

edit: mod combat readiness do not work well with vehicles, after i removed it, game works even smoother ;P

I'll check that mod out. I'll try to add compatibility as much as possible.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Hjkma

Raiders (this time the Spacer pirates) still use carts.
https://i.imgur.com/xG7hsXw.png
And if I did not set the combat power to 25, then the game would hang endlessly during the raid generation.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on September 17, 2019, 05:23:30 PM
Raiders (this time the Spacer pirates) still use carts.
https://i.imgur.com/xG7hsXw.png
And if I did not set the combat power to 25, then the game would hang endlessly during the raid generation.

Welp, i'll just add combat power to all vehicles now.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Napple

I got this error which appears in the log every few seconds when I built one of the vehicles and had it assembled. It does mention something about marvs combat readiness check

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CRC_Reintegrated.ArmouryUtility.GetColonistArmouryPoints (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Pawn>,RimWorld.IIncidentTarget,single&,single&) <0x00459>
at CRC_Reintegrated.MarvsStoryTellerUtility.CombatReadinessPoints (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget) <0x0006f>
at CRC_Reintegrated.MarvsStoryTellerUtility.Prefix (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget,single&) <0x00020>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.StorytellerUtility.DefaultThreatPointsNow_Patch1 (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget) <0x0005e>
at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_OnOffCycle/<MakeIntervalIncidents>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x0026d>
at RimWorld.Storyteller/<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () <0x00443>
at RimWorld.Storyteller/<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x001ce>
at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () <0x00105>
at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () <0x00610>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update_Patch1(Object)

I also get this error whenever I select the vehicle and right click something. I think this one is conflict with hospitality.

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Hospitality.WorkGiver_Recruiter.ShouldSkip (Verse.Pawn,bool) <0x00034>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddJobGiverWorkOrders_Patch3 (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>,bool) <0x01a82>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddUndraftedOrders_Patch1 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x0036d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch5 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x0036b>
at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn) <0x001e7>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks_Patch1 (object) <0x002ab>
at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () <0x0001c>
at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () <0x0006d>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002f9>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

Verse.Root:OnGUI()

And this error happens whenever I right click the vehicle itself, I think it has something to do with A rimworld of magic

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TorannMagic.HarmonyPatches/WorkGiver_Tend_Patch.Postfix (Verse.Pawn,bool&) <0x0001a>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.WorkGiver_Tend.HasJobOnThing_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,bool) <0x001df>
at RimWorld.WorkGiver_TendOther.HasJobOnThing (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00032>
at RimWorld.WorkGiver_TendOtherUrgent.HasJobOnThing (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00032>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddJobGiverWorkOrders_Patch3 (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>,bool) <0x0054b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddUndraftedOrders_Patch1 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x0036d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch5 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x0036b>
at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn) <0x001e7>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks_Patch1 (object) <0x002ab>
at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () <0x0001c>
at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () <0x0006d>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002f9>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

And the errors seem to stop me from using a vehicle at all.

Hjkma

Napple, if you have a Discord, then you can report these errors to the author of the Vehicle framework. It's just that the mod's author himself can't fix anything here, he just uses the framework. Go to https://discordapp.com/invite/sApZcRS, go to the channel #bug-reports-vehicles and report these errors. Do not forget to attach also Hugslib logs, they are important for developer.

NinjaSiren

Any mods that gets errors that is related to the [O21] Vehicle Framework, please contact neronix17 on discord or github! I just use his incredible mod framework for rimworld vehicles.

As of now, [O21] Vehicle Framework does have issues with:

• Achtung
  • Hospitality
  • What The Hack!?
  • Rimworld of Magic

So therefore, this mod will also have issues with the following mods.

Napple

I have hospitality, what the hack, and rimworld of magic in my modlist. Looks like there might be a compatibility issue with Marv's combat readiness check mod as well.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Napple on September 19, 2019, 11:47:24 PM
I have hospitality, what the hack, and rimworld of magic in my modlist. Looks like there might be a compatibility issue with Marv's combat readiness check mod as well.

Most of the current issues are non-critical issues, where vehicles may still work.

Napple

I Figured out the mod which was stopping me from using vehicles at all. it's the verb expansion framework mod.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at VerbExpansionFramework.VEF_Comp_Pawn_RangedVerbs.AtLeastOnePawnHasRangedVerb () <0x000c5>
at VerbExpansionFramework.VEF_Comp_Pawn_RangedVerbs/<CompGetGizmosExtra>d__4.MoveNext () <0x00042>
at Verse.ThingWithComps/<GetGizmos>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () <0x0019e>
at Verse.Pawn/<GetGizmos>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () <0x001c4>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Gizmo>.AddEnumerable (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>) <0x000d7>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Gizmo>..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>) <0x000e5>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList<Verse.Gizmo> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>) <0x00070>
at TD_Enhancement_Pack.StopGizmo.Postfix (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>&,Verse.Pawn) <0x00136>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.GetGizmos_Patch17 (object) <0x000ad>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>,Verse.Gizmo&) <0x0024f>

Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()

Vehicular_Zombicide

Would it be possible to add a ship vehicle that can only move on coastal and water tiles?