[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Ruisuki

Couple questions
1. How big of a room should I have to build a garage that can hold all of my vehicles for this mod, keeping in mind where you plan to take it in the future. I build in mountains so it's important to plan ahead of time.

2. What are the dimensions of most of the vehicles? Also, will they need big hallways to pass through or will 1x1 suffice as all pawns use?

3. Do you have a discord?

Hjkma

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 02, 2019, 09:17:33 PM
Couple questions
1. How big of a room should I have to build a garage that can hold all of my vehicles for this mod, keeping in mind where you plan to take it in the future. I build in mountains so it's important to plan ahead of time.

2. What are the dimensions of most of the vehicles? Also, will they need big hallways to pass through or will 1x1 suffice as all pawns use?

Each creature takes only 1x1 and for them the size of the rooms and the corridor does not matter. Here is the proof: https://i.imgur.com/1vPiKNz.png

You can plan garages based on the visual size of the vehicle, for example 6x5 (including the walls) should be enough so that there is space between the vehicle and it do not overlap the walls.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Hjkma on October 02, 2019, 10:57:54 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on October 02, 2019, 09:17:33 PM
Couple questions

Each creature takes only 1x1 and for them the size of the rooms and the corridor does not matter. Here is the proof: https://i.imgur.com/1vPiKNz.png

You can plan garages based on the visual size of the vehicle, for example 6x5 (including the walls) should be enough so that there is space between the vehicle and it do not overlap the walls.
Hmmmm looks like the vehicles are 3x1? Might not even need a bigger building than 10x10 room at best then. unless future expansions plan different vehicles or customizations for storage purposes

Hjkma

Canute

You need to differ between space they need to move, and visual space.
Like Hjkma said before ALL pawn, even the biggest ones, only use 1x1 space for moving.
But the visual can be shown that they are much bigger (like some workbenches too).
You can press any vehicle into a 1x1 garage, but it would look awful when it overlap with the walls (That's why i think the grafic should be press into a 1x1 too, but then it doesn't look that good anymore).

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on October 05, 2019, 08:05:00 AM
Like Hjkma said before ALL pawn, even the biggest ones, only use 1x1 space for moving.
But the visual can be shown that they are much bigger (like some workbenches too).
You can press any vehicle into a 1x1 garage, but it would look awful when it overlap with the walls (That's why i think the grafic should be press into a 1x1 too, but then it doesn't look that good anymore).
yeah the moving space sounds like its the usual 1 tile, but the graphic dimensions look like id say 3x1

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

Getting this error when selecting a vehicle and no menu options (like load/unload driver) appear.

System.InvalidOperationException: Comparison threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.<DrawGizmoGrid>m__0 (Verse.Gizmo lhs, Verse.Gizmo rhs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection+<SortStable>c__AnonStoreyA`1[Verse.Gizmo].<>m__0 (Pair`2 lhs, Pair`2 rhs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.qsort[Pair`2] (Verse.Pair`2[] array, Int32 low0, Int32 high0, System.Comparison`1 comparison) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.Sort[Pair`2] (Verse.Pair`2[] array, Int32 length, System.Comparison`1 comparison) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Array.Sort<Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>> (Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>[],int,System.Comparison`1<Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>>) <0x00102>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>>.Sort (System.Comparison`1<Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>>) <0x0002c>
at Verse.GenCollection.SortStable<Verse.Gizmo> (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<Verse.Gizmo>,System.Func`3<Verse.Gizmo, Verse.Gizmo, int>) <0x00450>
at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>,single,Verse.Gizmo&) <0x00185>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>,Verse.Gizmo&) <0x007aa>

Out Put file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zi2zakms0v3c15/output_log.txt?dl=0

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 05, 2019, 03:48:22 PM
Quote from: Canute on October 05, 2019, 08:05:00 AM
yeah the moving space sounds like its the usual 1 tile, but the graphic dimensions look like id say 3x1

Graphic dimensions is around 3 or 3.5 by 2, collision size is 1x1, make a garage around 4x2.5 or larger.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on October 06, 2019, 04:28:52 PM
Getting this error when selecting a vehicle and no menu options (like load/unload driver) appear.

System.InvalidOperationException: Comparison threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.<DrawGizmoGrid>m__0 (Verse.Gizmo lhs, Verse.Gizmo rhs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection+<SortStable>c__AnonStoreyA`1[Verse.Gizmo].<>m__0 (Pair`2 lhs, Pair`2 rhs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.qsort[Pair`2] (Verse.Pair`2[] array, Int32 low0, Int32 high0, System.Comparison`1 comparison) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Array.Sort[Pair`2] (Verse.Pair`2[] array, Int32 length, System.Comparison`1 comparison) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Array.Sort<Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>> (Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>[],int,System.Comparison`1<Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>>) <0x00102>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>>.Sort (System.Comparison`1<Verse.Pair`2<Verse.Gizmo, int>>) <0x0002c>
at Verse.GenCollection.SortStable<Verse.Gizmo> (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<Verse.Gizmo>,System.Func`3<Verse.Gizmo, Verse.Gizmo, int>) <0x00450>
at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>,single,Verse.Gizmo&) <0x00185>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>,Verse.Gizmo&) <0x007aa>

Out Put file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zi2zakms0v3c15/output_log.txt?dl=0

What's your mod load order? Mods? and did the game freaked out visually, like the menu or GUI flickers? Or the game just plays like nothing happened?

Can you show me some screenshots? I have less mods than you have I seem to see. (I only have 167 mods installed, and 129 active.)

Here's my current mods and load order: Link

Lastly, what is your current version of this mod? The error looks like the specialDisplayRadius for weapons that was fixed at version 0.8 onwards of this mod.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

From the votes, looks like the motorcycle is the next vehicle to be made!  ;)

demeggy

Could you please update the initial thread with any recent media (screenshots, videos etc) - as at this time, it's a chore to scroll through so many pages of comments for any sort of idea how this looks or works.

Obibun

Hey guys.. is there any way to disable other factions appearing with vehicles?

Because right now I have identified that the mod will *always* crash when guests arrive using Hospitality Mod (haven't been raided with vehicles yet, but can 100% confirm that any guests arriving crash the game)

It doesn't really make sense that the mods would conflict, with the exception that I assume either Vehicles or Hospitality are trying to spawn the group at the same time and coming into contact with eachother / crashing.

Mod load order doesn't affect this. Whether one is first or the other, issue persists.. and would likely take some special fixing. In the meantime can I disable other factions appearing with vehicles? Which code would I need to delete to get rid of this?

Tocato

Hjkma

This is strange, my guests never appear with vehicles and Hospitality and Yes Vehicles go together without problems. Maybe a different mod is conflicting or older versions of the mods cause this problem.

Canute

Quote from: Obibun on October 15, 2019, 01:46:19 PM
Because right now I have identified that the mod will *always* crash when guests arrive using Hospitality Mod (haven't been raided with vehicles yet, but can 100% confirm that any guests arriving crash the game)
I think it would be more helpful if you would safe the logfile from after a crash so the modauthor can take a look.
Don't forget to include the modlist since Hjkma don't got any problems with Hospitality.