[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

makute

Quote from: NinjaSiren on November 04, 2019, 05:07:52 AM
Multiple compatibility issues of the Tenants mod with Vehicle Framework, like hundreds of them, usually denoting either initializing compatibility, generating pawns, or connected with children in-game.

Vehicles in this mod is treated as an animal/pet by the game. An animal/pet that needed pawns inside to move it. (Though there are instances that no pawns inside, but the vehicle still works.)
So, something similar to what I found a while ago, isn't it?:
Quote from: makute on October 30, 2019, 04:39:10 AM
On a different note: I just installed RimCities and found that most of the APC's and tanks defending the cities are manned by other APC's and tanks, Matrioska style.

I can send an error log if needed.

windupHero

Quote from: andanteinblue on October 27, 2019, 06:21:20 AM
I was delighted to see this mod's been updated to 1.0.  But running it for the first time, vehicles with a driver loaded does not seem to want to move (even after Drafting it, right clicking anywhere simply causes the vehicle to become undrafted).  Anyone know what is wrong?  I've checked the load order, and I do not use CE.

More than that, I seem to be able to tell a vehicle to melee attack targets via the "Melee Attack" command button, and it continues to do it even after the driver leaves the vehicle.

I'm having the exact same issue as Andante above. Drafting works but giving an order undrafts immediately and throws a log error (something related to workgivers, I've unloaded the mod so can't copy the exact error). Vehicles can still be assembled, work for caravanning, and can move while drafted using the melee attack button (even without drivers, like Andante) but cannot be directly commanded.
The original error pointed to the mod Train Combat. When I removed Train Combat, it pointed to Achtung!. When I removed Achtung, it pointed to Orion's Hospitality. At this point I decided those mods were worth more than vehicles and quit trying, but it seems to be something to do with mods trying to add worktypes to vehicles as if they were human pawns. I couldn't begin to guess if this is fixable on your end or if it'd need done on the other mods' ends.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: makute on November 04, 2019, 05:37:49 AM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on November 04, 2019, 05:07:52 AM
Multiple compatibility issues of the Tenants mod with Vehicle Framework, like hundreds of them, usually denoting either initializing compatibility, generating pawns, or connected with children in-game.

Vehicles in this mod is treated as an animal/pet by the game. An animal/pet that needed pawns inside to move it. (Though there are instances that no pawns inside, but the vehicle still works.)
So, something similar to what I found a while ago, isn't it?:
Quote from: makute on October 30, 2019, 04:39:10 AM
On a different note: I just installed RimCities and found that most of the APC's and tanks defending the cities are manned by other APC's and tanks, Matrioska style.

I can send an error log if needed.

Yeah that bug with RimCities where a vehicle is manned by another vehicle bug. I am looking on to that.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: windupHero on November 04, 2019, 08:19:51 PM
Quote from: andanteinblue on October 27, 2019, 06:21:20 AM
I was delighted to see this mod's been updated to 1.0.  But running it for the first time, vehicles with a driver loaded does not seem to want to move (even after Drafting it, right clicking anywhere simply causes the vehicle to become undrafted).  Anyone know what is wrong?  I've checked the load order, and I do not use CE.

More than that, I seem to be able to tell a vehicle to melee attack targets via the "Melee Attack" command button, and it continues to do it even after the driver leaves the vehicle.

I'm having the exact same issue as Andante above. Drafting works but giving an order undrafts immediately and throws a log error (something related to workgivers, I've unloaded the mod so can't copy the exact error). Vehicles can still be assembled, work for caravanning, and can move while drafted using the melee attack button (even without drivers, like Andante) but cannot be directly commanded.
The original error pointed to the mod Train Combat. When I removed Train Combat, it pointed to Achtung!. When I removed Achtung, it pointed to Orion's Hospitality. At this point I decided those mods were worth more than vehicles and quit trying, but it seems to be something to do with mods trying to add worktypes to vehicles as if they were human pawns. I couldn't begin to guess if this is fixable on your end or if it'd need done on the other mods' ends.

Please check this link for current Vehicle Framework mod incompatibility: https://github.com/neronix17/-O21-Vehicle-Framework/issues

Please try also to put Yes, Vehicles, Finally! mod to the last mod in the mod load order.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

windupHero

Quote from: NinjaSiren on November 05, 2019, 10:20:09 AM

Please check this link for current Vehicle Framework mod incompatibility: https://github.com/neronix17/-O21-Vehicle-Framework/issues

Please try also to put Yes, Vehicles, Finally! mod to the last mod in the mod load order.

I checked your link and saw the issue posted between Hospitality and Achtung!. I removed Hospitality, but it seems the issue also exists between Achtung! and Combat Training (by Bohedo on Steam, but the code says it's by Kriil). Removed Combat Training, leaving Achtung active, and the issue is resolved. Thank you very much for your speedy reply!
As a side note, I caravanned to an enemy base as a test and noted that there wasn't one single defender outside an APC. That is, with a base of 20 enemy pawns, there were 10 APCs with full crew defending and not a single enemy on foot. Is this by design or should that be reduced some? Maybe a setting to affect enemy vehicle chance is possible?

Posted below is the log error involving Combat Training and Achtung! I assume the issue isn't related to this mod at all, but since I've got it maybe it will provide some insight.

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KriilMod_CD.WorkGiver_TrainCombat.ShouldSkip (Verse.Pawn,bool) <0x00029>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddJobGiverWorkOrders_Patch2 (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>,bool) <0x01a61>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddUndraftedOrders_Patch0 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x0036d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch2 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00336>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.AddColonist (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x001a9>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.<.ctor>b__3_0 (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x00020>
at AchtungMod.Tools.Do<AchtungMod.Colonist> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,System.Action`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>) <0x00097>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x000bf>
at AchtungMod.Controller.MouseDown (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x001a6>
at AchtungMod.Controller.HandleEvents () <0x000a6>
at AchtungMod.MainTabsRoot_HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch.Prefix () <0x00048>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch1 (object) <0x0001c>
at RimWorld.MainButtonsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts () <0x00029>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002a6>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

NinjaSiren

Quote from: windupHero on November 05, 2019, 09:40:32 PM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on November 05, 2019, 10:20:09 AM

I checked your link and saw the issue posted between Hospitality and Achtung!. I removed Hospitality, but it seems the issue also exists between Achtung! and Combat Training (by Bohedo on Steam, but the code says it's by Kriil). Removed Combat Training, leaving Achtung active, and the issue is resolved. Thank you very much for your speedy reply!
As a side note, I caravanned to an enemy base as a test and noted that there wasn't one single defender outside an APC. That is, with a base of 20 enemy pawns, there were 10 APCs with full crew defending and not a single enemy on foot. Is this by design or should that be reduced some? Maybe a setting to affect enemy vehicle chance is possible?

Posted below is the log error involving Combat Training and Achtung! I assume the issue isn't related to this mod at all, but since I've got it maybe it will provide some insight.

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KriilMod_CD.WorkGiver_TrainCombat.ShouldSkip (Verse.Pawn,bool) <0x00029>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddJobGiverWorkOrders_Patch2 (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>,bool) <0x01a61>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddUndraftedOrders_Patch0 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x0036d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch2 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00336>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.AddColonist (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x001a9>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions.<.ctor>b__3_0 (AchtungMod.Colonist) <0x00020>
at AchtungMod.Tools.Do<AchtungMod.Colonist> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,System.Action`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>) <0x00097>
at AchtungMod.MultiActions..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<AchtungMod.Colonist>,UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x000bf>
at AchtungMod.Controller.MouseDown (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x001a6>
at AchtungMod.Controller.HandleEvents () <0x000a6>
at AchtungMod.MainTabsRoot_HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch.Prefix () <0x00048>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts_Patch1 (object) <0x0001c>
at RimWorld.MainButtonsRoot.HandleLowPriorityShortcuts () <0x00029>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002a6>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

I am using Hospitality, I am not experiencing errors with Hospitality. Try downloading the latest version of Vehicle Framework.

And the latest version of Yes, Vehicle, Finally!

windupHero

The error isn't technically with Hospitality but with Achtung! in conjunction with Hospitality or Train Combat (and presumably other mods). Running any of the three alone with Y,V works fine, but enabling either of the latter WITH Achtung causes the error. I just prefer to keep Achtung over the other two.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: windupHero on November 06, 2019, 08:56:06 PM
The error isn't technically with Hospitality but with Achtung! in conjunction with Hospitality or Train Combat (and presumably other mods). Running any of the three alone with Y,V works fine, but enabling either of the latter WITH Achtung causes the error. I just prefer to keep Achtung over the other two.

So basically, Achtung! and/or Train Combat will cause errors? Is Train Combat mod a mod about combat training? XD

makute

Just want to add that I do not run Achtung!, Hospitality nor Train Combat, but I get the same issue where NPC vehicles (even those spawned via dev mode) are crewed by regular pawns and vehicles. I first noticed this when I entered a city from RimCities.

Said city had no defenses other than turrets and a frigging lot of tanks and APCs roaming the streets. I can provide some logs after I get back at home.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: makute on November 07, 2019, 05:32:32 AM
Just want to add that I do not run Achtung!, Hospitality nor Train Combat, but I get the same issue where NPC vehicles (even those spawned via dev mode) are crewed by regular pawns and vehicles. I first noticed this when I entered a city from RimCities.

Said city had no defenses other than turrets and a frigging lot of tanks and APCs roaming the streets. I can provide some logs after I get back at home.

From what I knew, I also experienced it once (no RimCities included) Where a vehicle was spawned in with a vehicle inside it. It seems that the game's code decided to read my XMLs connected to raids, towns, cities, and caravans spawning vehicles very weirdly. (matryoshka-style)

I will leave that weird vehicle inside a vehicle bug for the meantime (also for unintended funny moments.)

Sure please, you can send me the log file. It feels like RimCities needs more defences and somewhat abit of organization on the generation. Yes, Vehicles, Finally! kinda added mobile defences for such cities (even though it might be not enough, usually.)

Have anyone found a tank with the naval or artillery cannons on cities? Have you decided to attack one and the tanks wreck havoc on the buildings in the city?

windupHero

Quote from: NinjaSiren on November 07, 2019, 04:27:39 AM
Quote from: windupHero on November 06, 2019, 08:56:06 PM
The error isn't technically with Hospitality but with Achtung!...

So basically, Achtung! and/or Train Combat will cause errors? Is Train Combat mod a mod about combat training? XD

I can't find the right words to explain it but the error seems to come from Achtung! interacting with certain other mods, those two simply being the only ones I've got on my list.
Train Combat adds an entirely new worktype (that you can set as priorities, like haul, cook, etc) focused on using training dummies to improve combat skills. Several mods add training dummies that give experience in certain ways, TC is unique in the added worktype to prioritize training.
Hospitality adds the Entertain worktype, which gives a clue that the error might be Achtung trying to add these new worktypes to vehicles, but the confusing part is that those aren't the only mods I have that add worktypes and the others have no problem with Achtung (Guards for Me, Prison Labor, Split Harvesting/Sowing, Zipangu pack, etcetera).

Canute

Since you mention the new worktype, i think you mean Combat Training not Train Combat ! :-)
Hospitality add a new worktype too.

windupHero

Quote from: Canute on November 07, 2019, 03:18:44 PM
Since you mention the new worktype, i think you mean Combat Training not Train Combat ! :-)
Hospitality add a new worktype too.

That's exactly the one. Oddly enough the error log refers to it as Train Combat

SaitoYui

I spawned in vehicles using dev mode, bolted on some weapons using Character Editor, and for some reason the game suddenly stopped letting me spawn in all vehicles. Whenever I do so, either by trying a spawn via Dev Mode, or asking one of my colonists to assemble the parts box, I get the following error and the vehicle fails to appear.
https://pastebin.com/mXXgbpBe

Reloading back to previous saves before I did this doesn't seem to fix this. I'll continue to gather more info, and see if this persists after a restart.

On a side note, I've yet to see anyone so far actually use vehicles against me. I even ran a test with hundreds of thousand-point raids. However, I have seen Glitterworld Fox folk carrying vehicle-mounted weapons. Seeing a dude with a giant tank cannon was a fun sight.

Modlist: https://pastebin.com/x3UuwFbs