[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

NinjaSiren

Quote from: SaitoYui on November 18, 2019, 03:29:05 AM
I spawned in vehicles using dev mode, bolted on some weapons using Character Editor, and for some reason the game suddenly stopped letting me spawn in all vehicles. Whenever I do so, either by trying a spawn via Dev Mode, or asking one of my colonists to assemble the parts box, I get the following error and the vehicle fails to appear.
https://pastebin.com/mXXgbpBe

Reloading back to previous saves before I did this doesn't seem to fix this. I'll continue to gather more info, and see if this persists after a restart.

On a side note, I've yet to see anyone so far actually use vehicles against me. I even ran a test with hundreds of thousand-point raids. However, I have seen Glitterworld Fox folk carrying vehicle-mounted weapons. Seeing a dude with a giant tank cannon was a fun sight.

Modlist: https://pastebin.com/x3UuwFbs

I will download your mods installed and test it. I'll see if its a mod conflict. Will keep you posted when I find something.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: NinjaSiren on November 20, 2019, 05:34:34 AM
I spawned in vehicles using dev mode, bolted on some weapons using Character Editor, and for some reason the game suddenly stopped letting me spawn in all vehicles. Whenever I do so, either by trying a spawn via Dev Mode, or asking one of my colonists to assemble the parts box, I get the following error and the vehicle fails to appear.

Reloading back to previous saves before I did this doesn't seem to fix this. I'll continue to gather more info, and see if this persists after a restart.

On a side note, I've yet to see anyone so far actually use vehicles against me. I even ran a test with hundreds of thousand-point raids. However, I have seen Glitterworld Fox folk carrying vehicle-mounted weapons. Seeing a dude with a giant tank cannon was a fun sight.

I will download your mods installed and test it. I'll see if its a mod conflict. Will keep you posted when I find something.

What The Hack!? is an incompatible mod currently.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

alvar

Do you guys know what do i have to edit to mod the vehicles fuel consumption, carrying capacity and so? ive edited the Races_Vehicles Defs but it doesnt show up ingame

thanks

NinjaSiren

Quote from: alvar on November 26, 2019, 09:41:07 AM
Do you guys know what do i have to edit to mod the vehicles fuel consumption, carrying capacity and so? ive edited the Races_Vehicles Defs but it doesnt show up ingame

thanks

Hi there, why? Is it too low or fuel consumption is too fast?

NinjaSiren

Looks like there is some weird new compatibility errors with Combat Extended. I am finding the cause currently.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: NinjaSiren on November 30, 2019, 08:46:01 AM
Looks like there is some weird new compatibility errors with Combat Extended. I am finding the cause currently.
(Fixed)

v0.8b2 Patch #2

• Readded Combat Extended compatibility.
  • Removed custom ammos for Combat Extended compatibility.
  • Readded Combat Extended original ammos for shells.

GitHub: Link
Nexus Mods: Link
Rimworld Base: Link

NinjaSiren

Quote from: NinjaSiren on November 25, 2019, 12:14:21 PM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on November 20, 2019, 05:34:34 AM

What The Hack!? is an incompatible mod currently.

Character Editor causes a non-critical conflict with [O21] Vehicle Framework, especially with Hospitality.

Looks like Character Editor has multiple mod conflicts, ever since I tried using it, multiple errors had appeared in-game.

NinjaSiren

MOD DEVELOPMENT UPDATE: Weapon Balancing

It seems I see some comments of this mod from other websites that call for weapon balancing especially the machine gun and cannon.

Yes, their damage is kinda overpowered in the vanilla standpoint (no CE). I am fixing the weapon unbalance and will nerf most weapons.

No CE mod:
- Machine Gun (Real-world: 7.62mm): will have similar damage and range to the LMG.

- Machine Cannon (Real-world: 20-40mm): will have 2-3x range from the LMG, and will have 2-3x the damage of the LMG.

- Burst Cannon (Real-world: 40-88mm): will have 5-7x the range of the LMG, and will have 6-8x the damage of the LMG. Explosive/fragmenting projectile.

- Tank Cannon (Real-world: 88-120mm): will have 2x the range and damage of the Burst Cannon. Explosive/fragmenting projectile.

- Rail Cannon (Real-world: 88mm): will have 1.5-1.75x damage and 2x range from the Tank Cannon. Dense/Sabot projectile.

- Naval Cannon (Real-world: 200mm+): will have 4-6x damage and 4x range from the Tank Cannon. Explosive projectile.

- Artillery Cannon (Real-world: 155mm): will have the same range as a mortar turret, but with a damage of 5% less from a mortar.

With CE:
All weapons will follow the similar ranges as no CE, but will use the rounds of it's Real-world counterpart.

And might add the idea of "vehicular manslaughter" ie. kill someone by slamming the vehicle towards it.

omatkoicorko

so i can download newest version [v0.8b.2] and it will work with and without CE?

Divenity

Could we get some way to have the vehicles pick up objects? It's currently impossible to load gear into the vehicles and have it stay there, for instance if I wanted to have some meds or spare ammo for my soldiers always stored in a vehicle (or ammo for the vehicle itself, if and when we ever get CE ammo usage for vehicles implemented), it's currently impossible... The only way to load gear into them is when caravanning and pawns will auto unload all of it the moment you're back on your home tile.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: omatkoicorko on December 31, 2019, 11:32:39 AM
so i can download newest version [v0.8b.2] and it will work with and without CE?

Yes v0.8b.2 is available through GitHub, Rimworld Base, and Nexus. The next update will be coming though, (Balancing update).

Please download v0.8b.2 Patch #2 for the latest CE or CE Fast Track compatibility fix.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Divenity on January 02, 2020, 03:22:54 PM
Could we get some way to have the vehicles pick up objects? It's currently impossible to load gear into the vehicles and have it stay there, for instance if I wanted to have some meds or spare ammo for my soldiers always stored in a vehicle (or ammo for the vehicle itself, if and when we ever get CE ammo usage for vehicles implemented), it's currently impossible... The only way to load gear into them is when caravanning and pawns will auto unload all of it the moment you're back on your home tile.

I am checking into that. I really wanted it to be part of the vehicle framework, but looks like neronix17 the author of the Rimworld Vehicle Framework is silent and looks like he's no longer on the project.

I will bring the idea of bringing cargo to vehicles.

omatkoicorko

hi,

pirate truck had inside two pirate tanks ;) quite a surprise

Hjkma

I think it's possible to reload weapons on vehicles with Combat Extended. You will need to enable the "CombatExtended.CompProperties_AmmoUser" tag in the CE patch and load the appropriate ammo on the vehicles and a menu will allow rearm. Or remove the weapon from the vehicle, equip and reload and install it back.

upd. I also made a couple of tweaks and balance adjustments and made a pull request on the Github, waiting for NinjaSiren to consider and merge, if there is no objection from him.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on January 19, 2020, 01:04:18 AM
I think it's possible to reload weapons on vehicles with Combat Extended. You will need to enable the "CombatExtended.CompProperties_AmmoUser" tag in the CE patch and load the appropriate ammo on the vehicles and a menu will allow rearm. Or remove the weapon from the vehicle, equip and reload and install it back.

upd. I also made a couple of tweaks and balance adjustments and made a pull request on the Github, waiting for NinjaSiren to consider and merge, if there is no objection from him.

:D Thanks, ill merge it. Have you tested your edits in-game, no major errors?

I left it on the codes for the vehicles, problem is even with the ammo_user code, vehicle framework is actually not "compatible" better term not coded for combat extended.

Pawns does not load automatically the ammo to the vehicle (like turrets), and you can only use the weapons if you are on a caravan. But when you are on your base, you cannot use your weapons because they cannot be loaded up.

You can try to remove the <!--li </li--> and replace it with <li </li> around the ammo_user code on the vehicles (Patches/CE_Patches.xml), the code is there, it's just deactivated and converted as a comment on the code until I find a way to make automated ammo loading or manual ammo loading (while in base.) I left it with a note in the code saying: <!-- Leaving this here in case of weapon ammo limits. -->