[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Hjkma

Quote from: NinjaSiren on January 20, 2020, 01:42:58 PM
:D Thanks, ill merge it. Have you tested your edits in-game, no major errors?
Yes, tested in the game, no errors

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on January 20, 2020, 10:13:01 PM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on January 20, 2020, 01:42:58 PM
:D Thanks, ill merge it. Have you tested your edits in-game, no major errors?
Yes, tested in the game, no errors

Nice! Thank you!
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Errant Singularity

This might be a dumb question but... How do I get a driver and gunner into my vehicles? Selecting a pawn and right clicking on the tank does nothing, drafting them only gives the option to melee it.

ShadowRun

Quote from: Errant Singularity on January 23, 2020, 12:04:00 AM
This might be a dumb question but... How do I get a driver and gunner into my vehicles? Selecting a pawn and right clicking on the tank does nothing, drafting them only gives the option to melee it.

There should be a button for select driver and gunner when you select the vehicle (must belong to your faction, won't work on other's even unmanned vehicle). Select gunner only avaible after you installed the weapon on the vehicle tho. Mod conflict might prevent these buttons from appearing, as far as I know the Zombieland mod did that.

NinjaSiren

Can you screenshot the issue? select the tank (Left click), then find the "select a driver", and "select a gunner" option.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: ShadowRun on January 23, 2020, 01:49:17 AM

There should be a button for select driver and gunner when you select the vehicle (must belong to your faction, won't work on other's even unmanned vehicle). Select gunner only avaible after you installed the weapon on the vehicle tho. Mod conflict might prevent these buttons from appearing, as far as I know the Zombieland mod did that.

Wait, Zombieland? sad. ill find out why its causing it.

Ronivan

This is a great mod, a shame it require one colonist to be outside during Caravan travel, since the vehicles itself are much more faster. It would drastically reduce the travel time.

Aronia

You know what wuld be cool? An integration with Giddy-up!Caravans. So that the person outside the vehicle (required to avoid the Everyone is downed error) could be loaded inside by assigning them to "mount" the car.

omatkoicorko

hi,

just got attacked by civil APC each with machine gun and machine cannon... ultra fast indeed, no to mention that ultra dmg 150 per shot and destroyed everything... all def that i ahd. only one APC so arent guns too OP now? i mean burst of 300 bullets every .30 of second is out of any control

Divenity

Quote from: omatkoicorko on January 24, 2020, 08:16:17 AM
hi,

just got attacked by civil APC each with machine gun and machine cannon... ultra fast indeed, no to mention that ultra dmg 150 per shot and destroyed everything... all def that i ahd. only one APC so arent guns too OP now? i mean burst of 300 bullets every .30 of second is out of any control

I agree with that. I personally went in and nerfed the crap out of them in my files...

The burst cannon for example, I nerfed down to ~200 rounds per minute with a 6 shot burst, and gave it a small, weak explosion with a couple pieces of shrapnel (through combat extended, I believe I changed the ammo type to 25x137mmNATO and added the explosive properties of 25×40mm grenades to it, as it had none), the intent was to emulate the auto cannons used on most modern APCs like the Bradley and LAV-25, which use the 25x137mm M242 Autocannon.

Each individual shot still hits pretty hard if it hits directly, but it fires far fewer of them, and an indirect hit only does minor damage. Feels much more balanced now than when it was just vomiting bullets out at 3000RPM.

Aronia

Yup, machine guns are an insane overkill. They just destroy everything in sight. Taking on a psychic ship single-handedly? Why not, we have machine guns now! That's probably true for the other weapons in this mod, too, but I can only speak for what I've tried myself.
I also gave them to two of my pawns as weapons and found out that I couldn't unequip them. The "drop the weapon" command just does nothing, and if I try to equip a different gun, the pawn just picks it up and... and... the weapon disappears! The machine gun stays equipped.

Errant Singularity

NinjaSiren

v0.83
Modifications contributed by Hjkma/Taranchuk

• Added automated / manual loading of weapon ammo to vehicles.
  • Some weapon balances.

GitHub: Link
Nexus Mods: Link

Divenity

How does this work exactly because I'm not seeing any options to load things into the vehicles.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Divenity on January 25, 2020, 02:01:58 PM
How does this work exactly because I'm not seeing any options to load things into the vehicles.

Right click the vehicle with weapon installed. Make sure you got the ammo for the weapon.