[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Ronivan on January 23, 2020, 11:37:36 AM
This is a great mod, a shame it require one colonist to be outside during Caravan travel, since the vehicles itself are much more faster. It would drastically reduce the travel time.

That's what sad about it. Try using Giddy up for that one colonists. It actually works.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Aronia on January 23, 2020, 01:01:22 PM
You know what wuld be cool? An integration with Giddy-up!Caravans. So that the person outside the vehicle (required to avoid the Everyone is downed error) could be loaded inside by assigning them to "mount" the car.

Hmm...
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Aronia on January 24, 2020, 06:45:40 PM
Yup, machine guns are an insane overkill. They just destroy everything in sight. Taking on a psychic ship single-handedly? Why not, we have machine guns now! That's probably true for the other weapons in this mod, too, but I can only speak for what I've tried myself.
I also gave them to two of my pawns as weapons and found out that I couldn't unequip them. The "drop the weapon" command just does nothing, and if I try to equip a different gun, the pawn just picks it up and... and... the weapon disappears! The machine gun stays equipped.

That is one bug that I may leave but try to fix the cannot remove issue. Placing tank cannon on your pawn.

Divenity

Quote from: NinjaSiren on January 26, 2020, 02:52:10 AM
Quote from: Divenity on January 25, 2020, 02:01:58 PM
How does this work exactly because I'm not seeing any options to load things into the vehicles.

Right click the vehicle with weapon installed. Make sure you got the ammo for the weapon.

I must have a conflicting mod then because I got nothing.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Errant Singularity on January 25, 2020, 05:33:55 AM
Here's a screenshot of me having selected the tank.

You don't have all of the HUD. Try clean install the mod, and enable Dev Mode or send me your log file.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Divenity on January 26, 2020, 03:03:59 AM
How does this work exactly because I'm not seeing any options to load things into the vehicles.

Right click the vehicle with weapon installed. Make sure you got the ammo for the weapon.

Have you downloaded the new version, 0.83? Do you use Achtung?

Divenity

Quote from: NinjaSiren on January 26, 2020, 03:06:25 AM

Ok, I found the problem, or not quite problem but maybe just misunderstanding.

The gun already had ammo in it so I didn't get the option, I was under the impression we'd be able to load ammo into the vehicle, not just reload the magazine.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Divenity on January 26, 2020, 03:27:17 AM

The gun already had ammo in it so I didn't get the option, I was under the impression we'd be able to load ammo into the vehicle, not just reload the magazine.

It's both placing the ammo into the vehicle then reloading the weapon. I think the weapon auto-reloads while in combat, just make sure you got the ammo in the vehicle.

Divenity

Quote from: NinjaSiren on January 26, 2020, 03:37:33 AM

It's both placing the ammo into the vehicle then reloading the weapon. I think the weapon auto-reloads while in combat, just make sure you got the ammo in the vehicle.

I'm unable to load extra ammo into the vehicle, they only put ammo in the magazine.

I'm guessing there's no way to just let pawns load any item into the vehicle (or just let the vehicle pick it up, so long as it's crewed, they already do this when forming caravans, would probly be the easiest way)? Would be useful for other things, carrying extra ammo for not only it's own weapon but passengers' weapons as well, medical supplies, etc.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Divenity on January 26, 2020, 02:18:17 PM
Quote from: NinjaSiren on January 26, 2020, 03:37:33 AM

I'm unable to load extra ammo into the vehicle, they only put ammo in the magazine.

I'm guessing there's no way to just let pawns load any item into the vehicle (or just let the vehicle pick it up, so long as it's crewed, they already do this when forming caravans, would probly be the easiest way)? Would be useful for other things, carrying extra ammo for not only it's own weapon but passengers' weapons as well, medical supplies, etc.

or just let the vehicle pick it up, so long as it's crewed
That kinda looks weird.

When you do caravans, you can bring extra ammo via the caravan menu.

Hjkma

I will soon add the ability to load things into vehicles as soon as I figure out the work system in RimWorld. So far, I manage to teleport things directly to the vehicle's inventory, but I want the pawns to do this on their own.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Hjkma on January 27, 2020, 07:07:14 AM
I will soon add the ability to load things into vehicles as soon as I figure out the work system in RimWorld. So far, I manage to teleport things directly to the vehicle's inventory, but I want the pawns to do this on their own.

:D

Divenity

Quote from: Hjkma on January 27, 2020, 07:07:14 AM

When caravanning and entering another map, pawns are given a "give item to pack animal" option when right clicking on items in the world, if you can find that command in the gamefiles it may help you figure it out.

Hjkma

Quote from: Divenity on January 27, 2020, 12:54:27 PM
When caravanning and entering another map, pawns are given a "give item to pack animal" option when right clicking on items in the world, if you can find that command in the gamefiles it may help you figure it out.
Thanks for the advice. It helped in the development! I made a pull request to the repo, which adds a feature to load things into the vehicles. It adds a gizmo and by clicking you open a window where you can choose things to be loaded. Unfortunately, I can't draw out information about the mass capacity and the mass usage of the vehicle, it's too difficult for me. But if anyone wants to try to do this, then the repo has open source code.

Divenity

Quote from: Hjkma on January 28, 2020, 09:56:43 AM
Quote from: Divenity on January 27, 2020, 12:54:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. It helped in the development! I made a pull request to the repo, which adds a feature to load things into the vehicles. It adds a gizmo and by clicking you open a window where you can choose things to be loaded. Unfortunately, I can't draw out information about the mass capacity and the mass usage of the vehicle, it's too difficult for me. But if anyone wants to try to do this, then the repo has open source code.

It works perfect!