[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Divenity on January 28, 2020, 09:04:43 PM
Quote from: Hjkma on January 28, 2020, 09:56:43 AM
Quote from: Divenity on January 27, 2020, 12:54:27 PM
When caravanning and entering another map, pawns are given a "give item to pack animal" option when right clicking on items in the world, if you can find that command in the gamefiles it may help you figure it out.
Thanks for the advice. It helped in the development! I made a pull request to the repo, which adds a feature to load things into the vehicles. It adds a gizmo and by clicking you open a window where you can choose things to be loaded. Unfortunately, I can't draw out information about the mass capacity and the mass usage of the vehicle, it's too difficult for me. But if anyone wants to try to do this, then the repo has open source code.

It works perfect!

:D Thank you, remember this is an open mod everyone can do suggestions and contribute. "Community mod"
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

v0.83.2
Modifications contributed by Hjkma/Taranchuk and the community.

• Vehicle item inventory selector..
  • Automated/manual loading of items into the vehicle.
  • Fixed emergency error: Graphical errors
  • Fixed emergency error: CE Armor ratings
  • Fixed emergency error: CE patch errors

Update Combat Extended or Combat Extended: Fast Track.

GitHub: Link
Nexus Mods: Link
Rimworld Base: Link
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

Psithen

Quote from: NinjaSiren on January 26, 2020, 02:59:19 AM
Quote from: Ronivan on January 23, 2020, 11:37:36 AM
This is a great mod, a shame it require one colonist to be outside during Caravan travel, since the vehicles itself are much more faster. It would drastically reduce the travel time.

That's what sad about it. Try using Giddy up for that one colonists. It actually works.

How were you able to get caravan to work? i have no option to mount vehicles in the caravan dialog like with other "animals"

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Psithen on January 30, 2020, 01:16:23 PM
This is a great mod, a shame it require one colonist to be outside during Caravan travel, since the vehicles itself are much more faster. It would drastically reduce the travel time.

That's what sad about it. Try using Giddy up for that one colonists. It actually works.

How were you able to get caravan to work? i have no option to mount vehicles in the caravan dialog like with other "animals"

If you got older version, please update to the latest. And maybe you got mod incompatibility. What mods you use?

Psithen

Quote from: NinjaSiren on January 30, 2020, 01:22:27 PM
Quote from: Psithen on January 30, 2020, 01:16:23 PM

If you got older version, please update to the latest. And maybe you got mod incompatibility. What mods you use?

I am up to date, as for incompatibility Im not using anything specifically listed as incompatible by either mods. I'll try to look around and see what the issue is

Psithen

Yeah I took out every mod and this is my mod list right now

Core
HugsLib
JecsTools
Giddy-up! Core
Giddy-up! Battle Mounts
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll
Giddy-up! Caravan
[021] Vehicle Framework
Yes, Vehicles, Finally!

And still cant mount while forming caravan for any vehicle

Hjkma

There is no option to mount vehicles in the caravan window. You load the crew into the vehicle through the buttons in the bottom panel when you select the vehicle in the map.

Psithen

Yes, for normal caravaning but giddy up allows you to ride animals in caravan which is what i was assuming ninja was talking about.

I was trying to "ride" the vehicle to not be limited in speed by a slow walking pawn

Hjkma

Vehicles are not animals, so this is not possible. What Ninja said is about including an animal and a rider in a caravan for a speed bonus, if you use GiddyUp mods.

Psithen

Illusiveman92

First off all I really like you mod. The absence of vehicles, ships etc. has been paining me since I first launched Rimworld and "Yes, Vehicles, Finally" gives us a way to move large quantities of goods across the globe. I'm sad that the caravan problem hasn't been solved but I had a couple of thoughts. Feel free to shoot them down but I don't like leaving things unsaid.

Is it possible for a temporary colonist with arcotech legs to spawn which we can then use as the outside passenger  so the speed won't be 35 tiles a day but more like a hundred? Alternatively is it possible to just temporarily increase the speed of the outside passenger with some kind of CAR-avan buff that makes his top speed equal the car's for the duration of the trip? I feel like this would be easier to solve than getting that outside passenger to be in the car. Just sharing thoughts though, I don't actually know what I'm talking about but I was curious. I'll be upgrading one of my pawns with arcotech legs to see if the caravan speed increases.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Illusiveman92 on January 31, 2020, 09:26:26 AM
First off all I really like you mod. The absence of vehicles, ships etc. has been paining me since I first launched Rimworld and "Yes, Vehicles, Finally" gives us a way to move large quantities of goods across the globe. I'm sad that the caravan problem hasn't been solved but I had a couple of thoughts. Feel free to shoot them down but I don't like leaving things unsaid.

Is it possible for a temporary colonist with arcotech legs to spawn which we can then use as the outside passenger  so the speed won't be 35 tiles a day but more like a hundred? Alternatively is it possible to just temporarily increase the speed of the outside passenger with some kind of CAR-avan buff that makes his top speed equal the car's for the duration of the trip? I feel like this would be easier to solve than getting that outside passenger to be in the car. Just sharing thoughts though, I don't actually know what I'm talking about but I was curious. I'll be upgrading one of my pawns with arcotech legs to see if the caravan speed increases.

What we can do is increase the vehicle speed slightly so it will speed up vehicles in caravans, but will not make raids too hard because of enemies using fast vehicles. I originally set it on the fast mode before, but I needed it to slow down because of increased difficulty of defending bases with speedy tanks.

NinjaSiren

EMERGENCY BUG FIX
v0.83.3

• Reverting patched CE Armor ratings. For current bug fix on CE errors.

Links:

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

Just a heads up, the author of O21 Vehicle framework: https://github.com/neronix17/-O21-Vehicle-Framework is in the process of rewriting the xml code from scratch. It may be worth getting in touch with them to see what changes might need to be made to this mod.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on February 12, 2020, 09:19:02 AM
Just a heads up, the author of O21 Vehicle framework: https://github.com/neronix17/-O21-Vehicle-Framework is in the process of rewriting the xml code from scratch. It may be worth getting in touch with them to see what changes might need to be made to this mod.

I'll just read and understand what will the changes be. I'll update this mod whenever he updates it.

He states that: "The XML is going to change, as the whole mod is being rewritten from scratch to fix issues in the old code, so your mod will break, your mod will have issues. Especially when you say you're going to come talk to me about an issue you or one of your users has then proceed NOT to do so and leave the blame on me as if it's my fault you can't figure out some of the basic issues in your own XML."

I know it's Yes, Vehicles, Finally! Because this is the other mod that uses his mod outside of [O21] group. I know my XML codes, they should work as intended with the limitations of the "fixed issues of the old Jecrell codes." So I don't know why, as most of the bugs people complain on my side are bugs written from the C# codes of the framework (reading from ILSpy and the source materials).

Especially, the "non-downed colonist issue" as there is no code from my XML, me nor Hjkma wrote. As this is a bug from the dependency: https://github.com/neronix17/-O21-Vehicle-Framework/issues/7 (That's why I advised people to use Giddy-up.)

I am just here to add additional vehicles, basic base vehicle (truck, tank, etc.) with weapons installed on it.

He states that:  "especially as a modder and adding it as a dependency for some foolish reason, is about the dumbest thing you can do next to asking about CE compatibility."

Ok so it's not a dependency, but why did you placed this on the page? Vehicle Framework for Rimworld Mods

I understand the CE compatibility, as this only on my side. I don't have a grudge or mad about the "dependency" author but I just want to make sure that people who wants vehicles in the game, might be this mod or his mod happy, as this has been need and want by Rimworld players.

A comment by Zero-Requiem22 on the Combat Extended: Fast Track issues for the [O21] Halo mod by neronix17:
https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack/issues/274#event-3000112884

Lastly, I know I have made multiple mistakes on this mod, multiple errors, a lot of full mod crashes, a lot of CE compatibility changes, and a lot of red errors on other people's games. I have fixed almost all of the major errors and minor errors with this mod, with CE or not. But people still complain about people of things that I don't have the know how to change it, the XML codes cannot fix it. Sorry for the rant.

Will update anything whenever.