[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

NinjaSiren

v0.83.4
The Major Update patch.

- From now on, Yes Vehicles Finally will no longer be dependent on [O21] Vehicle Framework. An included "Yes Vehicles Framework" will be required and is included on the latest downloads.

[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

xylr

neronix17

Quote from: xylr on March 21, 2020, 06:22:48 PM
Any news on a 1.1 update for this?

That'd require me to make the vehicle code functional again...hah...no it's time for a new foundation to be built instead of strapping duct tape to the old broken one.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: neronix17 on April 01, 2020, 12:17:07 PM

That'd require me to make the vehicle code functional again...hah...no it's time for a new foundation to be built instead of strapping duct tape to the old broken one.

Basically, what Neronix said, the 1.1 update made sure that this mod is stuck on 1.0. Using "flex tape" to patch the problem is no longer a good thing.

PS: Have a nice day, and be safe everyone from the human malware.

I am currently making a mod for the game, Starsector for the meantime. I am trying to grasp and re-learn C#, (Starsector is running on Java, that's why I can easily code to it.) And I don't know all of Rimworld's internal codes for imports and references. I will first re-learn C#, then check the hell out of Rimworld's codes.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

xylr

Quote from: neronix17 on April 01, 2020, 12:17:07 PM

I can agree that vehicles weren't exactly perfect in their previous state.  All I wanted to hear was that vehicles in general were still a thing that'd be happening in the far future. 

omatkoicorko

Platonov555

I can probably do C# and Unity. Anybody still on this thread? I'd need some info, to get plugged in.

Hjkma

There is no need to do ะก# things, soon there will be a new vehicle framework and we can port this mod to this framework.

victor578

Spectron

NinjaSiren

Yes, Finally, Finally, there is an incoming update soon! Keeping you all posted!  ;)

Ruisuki

ninjasiren are you smashphil? or are there two modders working on separate massive vehicle mods?

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 11, 2022, 06:06:49 PM
ninjasiren are you smashphil? or are there two modders working on separate massive vehicle mods?

two separate, I also found out Smash's vehicle framework mod. Implemented and running, ironing out some kinks on my side.