[Mod request] Turn off visual effect snowfall, toxic rain and normal rain

Started by Alien :), February 25, 2019, 10:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alien :)

hi :) The thing is remove the raindrops and snowflakes to improve performance. So turn off visual effect, snowfall, toxic rain and normal rain? it would be possible?

krafs

Hi,

I recently released a mod called Toggles that can hide and disable things in the game.
It doesn't currently have settings for blocking overlays, but I just had a quick look, and I can definitely add that.
There are five different overlays that I can see at a glance: Toxic Fallout, Fog, Rain, Hard Snow and Gentle Snow.

Also, it seems at least two things happen to the screen:
1) a texture is being drawn, e.g. rain or fog, and
2) everything changes color, e.g. turns darker during storms, green during toxic fallout,etc.

If anything affects performance, it would probably be the texture. I can easily block that. However, I don't think I want to mess with the colors.

How does this sound?

Alien :)

nice, maybe the colors you refer to in point b can be disabled from vanilla dev mode.

your mod has something I also want to disable notifications therefore sounds doubly nice :D

Rhadamant

Quote from: krafs on February 28, 2019, 01:32:06 PM
Hi,

I recently released a mod called Toggles that can hide and disable things in the game.
It doesn't currently have settings for blocking overlays, but I just had a quick look, and I can definitely add that.
There are five different overlays that I can see at a glance: Toxic Fallout, Fog, Rain, Hard Snow and Gentle Snow.

Also, it seems at least two things happen to the screen:
1) a texture is being drawn, e.g. rain or fog, and
2) everything changes color, e.g. turns darker during storms, green during toxic fallout,etc.

If anything affects performance, it would probably be the texture. I can easily block that. However, I don't think I want to mess with the colors.

How does this sound?

Did you ever end up adding this to your mod?

krafs