Wardens refuse to feed prisoners nutrient paste

Started by The_Hat, February 26, 2019, 04:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hat

I just encountered a caravan from which I brought 50+ nutrient paste meals. I switched all of my prisoner food restrictions to "paste," yet my wardens continue to feed them with simple meals. Installing a nutrient paste dispenser in the cells is not an option, as it would disrupt other rooms I would rather not disrupt.

I defined stockpile zones containing only nutrient paste meals as a short term solution, but without refrigeration, the meals will expire before the prisoners have time to eat all of them. Is this seriously a glitch, or is there something I'm just overlooking?

Canute

When the food is in the prisoner area, it is like the beds for prisoner only use.
Then you warden don't have access to it.
If you don't want use mod's like RimFridge to put a Fridge into the prisoner area to keep the meal fresh, you still can build a small room with cooler and open door to the prison so the prisoner can acces it.
Or turn the whole prison into a freezer, don't forget to store parka for the prisonerarea so they don't frezze.
Better design a new prison with NPD, the NPD act as wall so just the interact spot need to be in the prisoner room, while the other with hopper stay outside (maybe cooling).

But a 1x1 stockpile for the meals, with a higher priority would works too, meal stay 3-4 days fresh and these 10 for the 1x1 stockpile should be eaten in that time.
Maybe a hauling hysteries mod (like Rimworld Search Agency), so the stockpile don't get refreshed after just 1 meal took away.

The_Hat

It just so happens I do have Rimfridge, and just barely enough space in each cell to accommodate one! I'd forgotten about that!

Soon, Loser will be able to happily dine on delicious paste without having to worry about continuous malnutrition debuffs. ;D