Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

  • October 15, 2019, 02:56:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rimworld coloninists need to use glitterworld medecine for a bruise  (Read 405 times)

pug_power

  • Muffalo
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

This is a serious problem. Colonists will automatically use any meds for 1 bruise. There should be an option to what illnesses or injuries get medical attention. Comment your opinion.
Logged

Mehni

  • Super Tester
  • Colonist
  • ***
  • Posts: 864
    • View Profile
Re: Rimworld coloninists need to use glitterworld medecine for a bruise
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 03:22:04 AM »

I set everybody to only use Herbal by default. It's good enough for 90% of cases, and for those remaining 10% (serious infections, surgery) I bump up their level of care temporarily.

There are mods of course. Smart Medicine fixes this nicely. Pharmacist tries something similar, but takes a less sophisticated approach.

derped

  • Drifter
  • **
  • Posts: 48
  • First we will be best, then we will be first.
    • View Profile
Re: Rimworld coloninists need to use glitterworld medecine for a bruise
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 12:10:47 PM »

Good idea, there is no reason to why you shouldn't be able to restrict access to medicines for different conditions.
Logged

NuclearStudent

  • Colonist
  • ***
  • Posts: 137
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: Rimworld coloninists need to use glitterworld medecine for a bruise
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 12:04:14 AM »

That's a fair cop.
Logged

Prophetly

  • Drifter
  • **
  • Posts: 40
  • Space Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Rimworld coloninists need to use glitterworld medecine for a bruise
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 04:27:05 PM »

all of these are about your attention, you need to follow every ticks of the game not sitting in your chair and watching without doing anything for them. i think if there is a guy got beaten by other one he should have keep my attention %99 chance and every goddamn combat event i keep my pawn's health conditions also follow them for who is willing to tend them. thats all about your attention
Logged

Limdood

  • Planetologist
  • ****
  • Posts: 1530
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Rimworld coloninists need to use glitterworld medecine for a bruise
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 05:57:42 PM »

all of these are about your attention, you need to follow every ticks of the game not sitting in your chair and watching without doing anything for them. i think if there is a guy got beaten by other one he should have keep my attention %99 chance and every goddamn combat event i keep my pawn's health conditions also follow them for who is willing to tend them. thats all about your attention

I disagree strongly with this.  It's the same argument that eventually ended up with animal hunting colony pawn alerts, or food preferences, or any number of other QOL improvements.  There's a difference between fighting the game challenges and fighting the interface. 

I should be able to set "if X, then Y" conditions.  It's the foundation of the game.  It's how the food preferences, clothing, drugs, medicine, work priority, flee, etc. systems work.

People are saying "I want more in depth, nuanced medicine control" and you're saying "no, you shouldn't be able to get that, you should HAVE to monitor carefully every single tiny movement and action of every pawn at all times" - but the direction of the game has been moving steadily and constantly towards more in-depth, nuanced controls over all the systems of the game from it's inception until now.
Logged

Prophetly

  • Drifter
  • **
  • Posts: 40
  • Space Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Rimworld coloninists need to use glitterworld medecine for a bruise
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 12:39:48 AM »

well thats cool, tell me if theres a mod comes with some kind of 'expanded tending options, like-- herbal medicine for fist-bruise-teeth-bite-claw- damages, glitterworld medicine for explosion damages, gunshots etc. otherwise follow what i said
Logged