Rimworld coloninists need to use glitterworld medecine for a bruise

Started by pug_power, February 26, 2019, 09:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pug_power

This is a serious problem. Colonists will automatically use any meds for 1 bruise. There should be an option to what illnesses or injuries get medical attention. Comment your opinion.

Mehni

I set everybody to only use Herbal by default. It's good enough for 90% of cases, and for those remaining 10% (serious infections, surgery) I bump up their level of care temporarily.

There are mods of course. Smart Medicine fixes this nicely. Pharmacist tries something similar, but takes a less sophisticated approach.

derped

Good idea, there is no reason to why you shouldn't be able to restrict access to medicines for different conditions.

Prophetly

all of these are about your attention, you need to follow every ticks of the game not sitting in your chair and watching without doing anything for them. i think if there is a guy got beaten by other one he should have keep my attention %99 chance and every goddamn combat event i keep my pawn's health conditions also follow them for who is willing to tend them. thats all about your attention

Limdood

Quote from: Prophetly on March 10, 2019, 04:27:05 PM
all of these are about your attention, you need to follow every ticks of the game not sitting in your chair and watching without doing anything for them. i think if there is a guy got beaten by other one he should have keep my attention %99 chance and every goddamn combat event i keep my pawn's health conditions also follow them for who is willing to tend them. thats all about your attention

I disagree strongly with this.  It's the same argument that eventually ended up with animal hunting colony pawn alerts, or food preferences, or any number of other QOL improvements.  There's a difference between fighting the game challenges and fighting the interface. 

I should be able to set "if X, then Y" conditions.  It's the foundation of the game.  It's how the food preferences, clothing, drugs, medicine, work priority, flee, etc. systems work.

People are saying "I want more in depth, nuanced medicine control" and you're saying "no, you shouldn't be able to get that, you should HAVE to monitor carefully every single tiny movement and action of every pawn at all times" - but the direction of the game has been moving steadily and constantly towards more in-depth, nuanced controls over all the systems of the game from it's inception until now.

Prophetly

well thats cool, tell me if theres a mod comes with some kind of 'expanded tending options, like-- herbal medicine for fist-bruise-teeth-bite-claw- damages, glitterworld medicine for explosion damages, gunshots etc. otherwise follow what i said