Enslavement

Started by AlexNAC04, March 02, 2019, 03:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexNAC04

when you capture enemies you should be able to enslave them,do tasks like cut and grow plants,build,tailor clothing etc,but when they make weapons or build turrets there is a chance that the one who is crafting or building them will revolt and attack your colonists and if he builds turrets they can target colonists.

derped

Care to elaborate on this?
I mean right now you can capture and recruit them, what would be the advantage of using them as a slave instead, with all these added risks?

AlexNAC04

well when you are recruiting them you can put them to work but you recruit them slower

KozmoD

Enslavement would make a cool feature. Using prisioneers as work force directly without needing to recruit them, but also enriching the story telling with darker possibilities.

Limdood

this has been suggested dozens of times.  a super lazy, single search on "slavery" showed it popped up 125 times from posts dating back to 2014.  You'd be far better off finding one of the dozens of threads about it already and reading through carefully and throwing your support in behind the side you agree with, or if you have some not-already-mentioned insight into the topic, comment that in...

The problem is, this idea has been suggested to death, and this thread brings nothing new to the discussion.  Additionally, there are several mods that add this feature already available.

Kirby23590

@Limdood

*In Ducky's voice* Yup yup yup...

Simple Slavery almost does something like that... They will try to escape a few times or revolt against you until they finally give up, they will still be prone to mental breaks because they are unhappy as slaves...

There is also Prison Labor but it's more of making a prison colony rather than slavery in a slaver's paradise... I heard that they can be used together, i think...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.