Fastest possible way to get ressurector mech serum?

Started by BRAOUG, February 25, 2019, 09:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRAOUG

So... in my current game one of my''main'' character just died, wich kinda is fucking stupid. (The other got kidnapped BTW) I was wondering what the fastest possible way to get a ressurecting mech serum was. Do I just hope for a quest or caravan request that will have it as a reward or? And will I have to freeze her to stop the rotting? I doubt that the grave will stop it.

Limdood

2 parts:
#1) rez serum.  This is pretty much only given as a random quest reward.  There might be a CHANCE that it shows up in an ancient danger area but i doubt it, as I've never seen one there, nor from a trader.  In short, there is no reliable way to get a rez serum.  It's just something you MAY get an option to try to get from a quest, in the hopes that it may come in handy later.

#2) graves will not stop rot.  Freezing stops a body from rotting, but I don't know if it will allow indefinite storage with intent to resurrect later (cryptosleep MIGHT, but i wouldn't put money on it).  Either way, resurrector serum says it has significant horrible drawbacks the longer someone has been dead, so it may not be viable anyways.

In short, you're kinda screwed.  That being said, you could continue on without that colonist, you could freeze him in the hopes that seasons or years down the line you'll get a rez serum AND it'll work AND it won't leave him braindead, you could ditch that particular game as a "loss" and start over (or use a previous autosave)....Or you could enable dev mode in the options, open the dev mode menu, spawn item -> resurrector mech serum and continue on...though that opens up a whole can of worms and you get awfully tempted to cheat to solve a LOT of other issues.

BRAOUG

yea... I savescummed alot before so now I always play with comittment mode :) Much more fun that way. I have started a new save with medival times and 4 colonists on tribal, harder research XD But thanks for the tips anyway :D

AileTheAlien

You could also just use dev-mode to resurrect your pawn. ⎺\_(ツ)_/⎺

zizard

It's all RNG, which sucks, because there's no meaningful choice about it. You either get a quest with it or you don't.

EvadableMoxie

It might take years to get a quest with a ress serum, since it's random.  The best way is to start exploring every single tile near your base, by settling, searching the ancient dangers, and repeating until you find one.

The absolute fastest way is to send several parties to different tiles at once.  Build a steel door next to the wall of the danger, then deconstruct it and run. You'll see inside and if there is no mech serum just leave the map and abandon the tile.  If there is one, leave the map but don't abandon the tile.  You can come back in force and deal with the mechs or bugs.  This of course sacrifices the other valuables you might find, but it's faster.

Ukas

As others have said it's really random, so just freeze the corpse and wait for a quest. Might take a while. I had one really good colonist in cold for 32 days before there was a rez serum mission. Now another has waited for 48 days. Funny thing is, in my earlier game on the very same map I had 6 rez serums in storage at best, felt like half of the offered quests had it as a reward.

TheMeInTeam

Wouldn't sarcophagus in freezer keep the body preserved until you secure the serum?

Canute

The body yes, but the "dead since x" counter keep ticking.
You might rescurect a zombie later.
But you still can banish these zombie if needed. :-)

Ukas

Quote from: Canute on March 08, 2019, 04:16:22 PM
The body yes, but the "dead since x" counter keep ticking.
You might rescurect a zombie later.
But you still can banish these zombie if needed. :-)

Haven't experienced that, oldest resurrected was dead for something like 40 days, but I take your word for it.  do you know if luciferum can heal a zombie?