Assistance with texture-modding (armor)

Started by Katten, March 09, 2019, 01:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katten

Having a bit of an issue modding in a set of armor. I have everything working functionally, but there's a bit of an issue with the textures. That is, all of them are permanently stuck in the "east" position when worn. I can't seem to figure out why exactly this is - and I've got no real coding experience - but as far as I can tell from glancing over other mods, this code should work just fine.

My texture files are named correctly, as far as I can tell, and the issue still persists. Included below are images of the files, names, and the snippets of code. I have attempted to change between Single/Multi graphics in the code without success, as a note.

https://imgur.com/a/ABFV18t

Kirby23590

I think it has to be the name of your files being that cause i think?

Rename MK2 Into MKTwo and all the file associated into that.

I think the Number 2 in the MK might cause hiccups in the code and thus your colonists wearing the armor east in the sides most of the time, if you were getting errors about it.

Also Try looking at the Core game files too. Look at the ThingDefs_Misc Folder and Apparel_Various.xml file, try looking at the Apparel_PowerArmor's code there.

I hope it helps...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Katten

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately even after taking your advice, I haven't had any luck with fixing the issue. Renaming the files did nothing, and I even went and attempted to just copy-paste the Power Armor code (with the appropriate changes to make the variables unique, of course) without any success. It's really a bizarre issue, it seems.

Kirby23590

It's really some bizarre thing indeed...

I never seen that weird thing with the thing.

Maybe it could be how your folder is structured for the files containing the images?

Some of the mods go like this...

MyMod/Textures/Armor/MyArmor

//Or in your mod's case.

YourMod/Textures/Armor/MkTwo

Maybe try restructuring your folder structure in your mod's texture folder.
It's really hard to know what's the problem and why your mod is doing that...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.