hey what is the name of your colony and faction?

Started by AlexNAC04, March 09, 2019, 03:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexNAC04

Bozobub

Faction:  Usually either "Bozobubbas" or "Evil Clowns".

Town:  Currently "Tanelorn".  I alternate between joke names and literary references; this one refers to a city in the "Elric of Melniboné" series by Michael Moorcock.
Thanks, belgord!

maccmillion

I'm currently playing the scenario of the Militaires Sans Frontieres mod, the faction is called Yekinêyen Jinên Êzidxan, and my first colony is called Şengal. I restricted myself to only recrute females as new members and frequently raids colonies such as kekistan.

Ukas

Owla, and The People's Republic of Owla. Owla is Latinization from the old Finnish Oula, meaning running water i.e. river and the colony happens to be on a river map

just_a_random

faction : Espiña, by changing 1 letter now my country means "it's pineapple"
base : Espiña too because im too lazy to think 2 jokes

AlexNAC04

how can you kill a colony full of robots from 4chan?

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: just_a_random on March 09, 2019, 07:26:22 PM
faction : Espiña, by changing 1 letter now my country means "it's pineapple"
base : Espiña too because im too lazy to think 2 jokes

L O B E Z N O
Perdon, tenia que hacerlo.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

deepan

Faction Name: War Criminals
Primary Settlement: H. Mora

ManHuntingSquirrel

First Colony

Faction: The Peninsula Bunker
Base: Massive Smokeleaf Plantation

Second Colony

Faction: The Thirsty Spacers
Base: Dryness Valley

Third Colony

Faction: The New Dryness Republic
Base: Mount Kirk
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

VincentJ

Plenty of names, can't remember.
I often change the names of the tribe or the town, but the names of the save stay the same : dune or desert when it's a desert biome, toundra when it's a boreal forest, and jungle fun or jungle fever when it's in the jungle.

I remember I called a city "Borealia" when playing in a boreal forest biome, I tried to have a lot of people with the "mole" trait, and name them "dwarves-under-the-mountain". Several times I guess.

I realized one time the planet I was on was named Decimus Ur and I had to fish to survive, so my colony was something with Decimus and the name of the people was Decimus Crabs (I was getting a lot of crabs).

Now, I'm in the jungle, the faction is called "ligue des fringuants lémuriens", that could be translated by "smart lemurs' league", because I have a nimble woman and a fast godlike scientist, and I like lemurs.
The town is called Rasaldla, because the automatic name generated for the planet is Ras Aldlis.

I could get you other names, more than 2500 hours on this game according to Steam

Kirby23590

Since i still carry my fallout fan tenancies...

I would almost name my faction the Followers of the apocalypse or the NCR ( New Creak Republic or New Casey Republic. Random C Words, mostly. )

And depends, Mostly i randomize my colony's name but in deserts or arid shrublands, well it's obviously Shady Sands. Where it all started...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Dargaron

My faction name varies, but some of my recurring base names are:
-Tunrdatown (for settlements in tundra)
-Deserton (For deserts, natch)
-Roadhead (For when I settle at the end of a road and build my base around it, like the world's most well-armed Rest Stop.)
-The House of Black and White (When I settle a place with Slate and Limestone, I try to make the exterior Limestone and the interior Slate, for aesthetic reasons.)

Probably the most-used faction name template is {X}'s (where X is the name of my primary colonist) {Y}s (Where Y is something that alliterates with X). So for instance, Darg's Dregs, Greg's Gang, Chad's Clan etc.

Also, when I'm trying to make a settlement of only clones and robots, I call my faction and initial colonist Horatio (Endless Space 2 callout!)

Smile Smile Wide

Faction: The Nationalists
Capital/Main Base: Rerlin
2nd Base/Prison/Work Field: Rimschwitz Summer Camp

AlexNAC04

Quote from: MrSmileMask on April 24, 2019, 09:55:07 AM
Faction: The Nationalists
Capital/Main Base: Rerlin
2nd Base/Prison/Work Field: Rimschwitz Summer Camp
LMAO NICE

AlexNAC04