many mods suddenly malformed cant play please help

Started by pervygamer, March 10, 2019, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pervygamer

not very long ago a lot of my mods have given a warning saying "Malformed (correct format is Major.Minor) version string on mod insert mod name "1.0.2096" - parsed as "1.0"
and an error message  "<targetVersion> in mod About.xml is deprecated! Use <supportedVersions> tag instead. (example: <supportedVersions><li>1.0</li></supportedVersions>)"
i cant load or start a new game anymore and my favorite mods are giving the errors i would greatly appreciate  it if someone can help or point me in the right direction.
here is the log from github
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/bdab2fcda29e6cc32a52c292fafb30c6

ps im new so im not sure if it will stay up

Canute

not very long ago a lot of people got an update of Rimworld.
https://ludeon.com/blog/2019/01/1-0-update-brings-multi-version-mod-support/

Basicly all these mod's need an update to avoid this warnings.
But the mods still works.
You could revert Rimworld ot the older version, but then other updated mod will give you these warnings.

pervygamer

I see thank you, theoretically can I manually edit all the about.xml files and bypass the warnings right? I'll still have to rexamine my modlist and disable new ones till I find the culprit thats stopping my game since the update isn't the thing that broke it. Thank you

Canute

Yes you can manualy edit them, not very difficult.
Basicly you can use cut&paste.

I oversaw that you got another problems.
QuoteReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly FactionManager_SetUpCamp:
from the mod description:
Just make sure to load it after Faction Manager and SetUpCamp.

Not sure what is going wrong with UseBedrolls, maybe you should ask at the mod topic.

pervygamer

It might be because of the load order they are in the right order but one is close to the top while the others are close to the middle with plenty of mods in between because in previous attempts to fix my game I reformed my entire modlist a few times normally core mods like psychology is close to the top with quality of life mods near the bottom then after awhile of playing and reading error messages throughout a play session id move mods around. But I didn't do it very good this time.
   After editing and removing some mods ill try again and if it still doesn't work I'll be back with a new error log thank you again

pervygamer

i disabled new mods and still got an error during world generation the related error is at the bottom of the log
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/8f171e32a8151332fcacc6c05dd78eb5
tried to edit the about.xml file but ended up doing it wrong not sure exactly how to place it down below is how its saved to the file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModMetaData>

<name>[KV] In-Game Definition Editor - 1.0</name>
   <author>Kiame Vivacity</author>
   <url></url>
   <targetVersion><li>1.0</li><li>1.1</li></targetVersion>
   <description>
In-Game Definition Editor. Press F10 (default) to open the window.
   </description>

</ModMetaData>

new errors when opening the mod manager
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/f9e254fb7cb0bab15f13c6f106e0b9d7

pervygamer

update: i got the game working and ill list the mods that i disabled and mention which mods i Believe  had incompadability issues with other mods

UseBedrolls
FactionManager_SetUpCamp
these two had an incompadibility as soon as i disabled use bed rolls the error for both disappeared.

Red-PrepCarePawnsim pretty sure this one actually was incompadible with prepare carefully the mod it was made for.

Disasters: Tornado
Dubs Mint Menus
Blighted Alert
Dubs Rimkit

Grand Rivers Reborn< this mod might have stopped world generation

Toggles
Kurin, The Three Tailed Fox< incompadible with prep carefully< such a shame

Canute

Glad you managed it so far.
If you still got red text after Rimworld start, you maybe should try to remove them too.
Any error increase the chance that you got a critical error later during gameplay, and something don't work like it should.
Yellow text are warning and not that worse.

You should check your mods about required mods again.
i saw Trading Economy, that mod need ADVANCED ANIMALS FRAMEWORKS before.
Kurin and Dragonians need the Alien Framework.

pervygamer

Yeah I got the alien framework enabled now thanks for reminding me about the animal framework tho ill enable it after I get back from work. Thank you for your help.

pervygamer

[/quote]
Quote from: Canute on March 11, 2019, 04:13:57 AM
If you still got red text after Rimworld start, you maybe should try to remove them too.
Any error increase the chance that you got a critical error later during gameplay, and something don't work like it should.

if you can do you think you can help with this
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/c2339b6e7c3c1ed63ec0fb78f0651dbb
   the part im refering to is near the bottom "Unable to find def [ReproductiveOrgans] of type [BodyPartDef]

Could not load def ReproductiveOrgans

Failed to initialize DefStat ReproductiveOrgans

Unable to find def [ReproductiveOrgans] of type [BodyPartDef]

Could not load def ReproductiveOrgans

Failed to initialize DefStat ReproductiveOrgans

Unable to find degree data [masochist] for trait [Masochist]

Unable to find degree data [wimp] for trait [Wimp]

Unable to find def [LovinPerformance] of type [ThoughtDef]

Could not load def LovinPerformance

Failed to load Def [Affair] due to Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Unable to find def [IncubatorEmpty] of type [ThoughtDef]

Could not load def IncubatorEmpty

Unable to initialize Def IncubatorEmpty

Unable to find def [LovinPerformance] of type [ThoughtDef]

Could not load def LovinPerformance"

Canute

QuoteCould not load def ReproductiveOrgans
ReproductiveOrgans, hmm has something to do with sex or children.
One mod you use Alien Children Compatibility got requirement
HugsLib , Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 , Children, school and learning
You realy should check all your mod's one by one if there isn't missing something else.

Now begins your fine tuning of your modlist. 250 mod's are quiet alot, not the record that is around 450 i think, but that one need around 1 hours to start Rimworld.
Your Rimworld internal start at last 3 times, because of some error, that extend the loading times too.

I saw many errors with the DrugPolicy, which could lead to problems later when your pawn's should use drugs at their own.
DubsBadHygiene got an error, which is unusual because that mod is known as pretty stable, so i think some interfere with some other mod.

I wish your good luck with that.
Maybe you should start with some much smaller modlist, with the basic mods. So you know they are working.
And then extend them with new races,weapons....
Then you notice early when some mod cause trouble.