[1.0] Rimworld Optimization - RAID

Started by Madeline, October 11, 2019, 01:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeline

download link
Download link(please download latest version)

Madeline's Optimization - RAID

no more freezing when raided.

**Steam description**
Madeline's RAID optimization for rimworld.

Changelog
1.0.0 mod published.

Details
Madeline's Optimization - RAID is a optimized code for rimworld raiding. in mid-late game(or early if you use lots of mods)
when the player is raided, the rimworld is freezed by making pawns and do other jobs for early 10 seconds or more.
this mod will use custom codes & optimize rimworld to prevent freezing from raid.

REMINDER
safe to add in already playing game.
do not remove this mod while adding. (raidee's AI will be broken)
safe to remove when you're not raided

mod order : below core, anywhere you want. mod doesn't effected by load order.
if you experienced any bug, please raise an issue on github
go to github[github.com]

Compatiablity
no issue with CE, Raids for me, RimAtomics.
minor compatible issue in CE + RimAtomics. -> remove TACS to work properly (otherwise raid will not occurred)

atewithouttabIe

Tried it for 10 minutes:
With this enabled, MOD structures that require power (electricity) dont get any, no matter how often you rebuilt/reinstall/reconnect them - vanilla structures seemed fine

In my case it were KPV Machine Gun turrets / Autodoors made from Synthylene / Wall lights even - the already existing structures of this kind built BEFORE mod was added were fine, everything built after was not ie couldn't connect to Power.

Removing this mod and reloading save w the "no-power structures" in place immediately fixed that and all was good and peachy again.

No log attached cos there weren't any errors

Madeline

weird. cuz there's literally no code that modifies energy grid system.
I'll check the mod compatibility issue with KPV. thanks for report.

Lunion4saken

Hello, i really apreciate your mod, that really helped, however i notice that besides raids and the constelation event (from another mod) no other event happens, even if i force then with dev mod. I tried only with core and your mod, and also tried in a fresh new rimworld install (removing the config too), and everytime, the only event i can make is the raid, and some others like mass animal insanity (i think it was this one) also triggered a raid instead of the normal event.

Madeline

check version 1.0.1, I noticed there's a small mistake that can make the bug that you described.
it was fixed in v1.0.1

shakeyourbunny

I know that this is sorta offtopic, but the fact that you have begun writing a Mod Sorter as a mod in the game itself... a "public service announcement" due the OT (madeline aka zzz465) has not reacted and has closed off the possibility to submit an issue directly on GitHub for it:

He/she is basing this mod sorter off my RWMS name and database (not really code, it looks like being a mod sorter in Rimworld itself, which is interesting, though).

To make it short and concise, since my private mail seems to be ignored:
- You do not have the permission to reuse the RWMS name or a variant thereof for yourself.
- Choose another unique name for your project / mod.
- For using the database under GPL2 in your own projects you have to ask and given permission to each and every contributor. That means you have to contact and ask each 186 contributors that they will allow that and remove every single contribution of  these people who disagree.
- I do not give permission to you to re-use my part of the database contributions. You will have to remove them, and this is your duty to clean up the forked data.

Usually I don't mind crossover sharing of the database if it is for the better of the users (like for PyRim and Mehnis Modsorter), but I got either a "no" or not an answer.

Thank you,
-- shakeyourbunny.

PS:
For convenience, I published my script on the Steam Workshop, see https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48518.msg466433#msg466433