[1.0] Don't Land on Me! (Stop annoying drop pods)

Started by togfox, March 12, 2019, 08:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

togfox

Don't Land on Me!
ALPHA VERSION

Description:
A short and simple mod that stops enemy raids drop-podding directly into your colony. Drop pods can still land on the edge of the map.

This mod is NOT compatible with TURTLE FRIENDLY RAIDS by Canicvs.

More information:
The other mod that removes annoying drop pods also removed some other stuff I wanted to keep. I looked into how to stop just the colony-targetting drop pods and here we are. This mod removes just one thing - enemy raids dropping right into the middle of your settlement.

You can add or remove this mod anytime you like.

Author/Mod Team

• togFox
Download
Dropbox link: Don't Land on Me!

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place the folder in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Copyright
  • copyright for the original creative content provided by the mod authors remains with the mod authors
Change log:
v0.01
Initial release

Azaakx

8) nice mod!  ty very much, gonna try it right now :)

FadingFog

Kirby23590

Heyo... Your mod doesn't use Xpaths and Patches, thus it might break some other mods out there making them incompatible with your mod...

You might want to check out this tutorial here on how to make patches... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

LiteEmUp

also waiting for a possible workshop release too..

in the meantime, i'm bookmarking this mod while i wait to see if there are incompatibilities

togfox

I haven't done patching before but it looks pretty straight forward. This would resolve the one known conflict with the turtle mod.

I was determining if this mod a) worked and b) has interest before putting on steam.

Cheers guys.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: togfox on March 25, 2019, 01:44:50 AM
I haven't done patching before but it looks pretty straight forward. This would resolve the one known conflict with the turtle mod.

I was determining if this mod a) worked and b) has interest before putting on steam.

Cheers guys.

well im sure there will be interest with this mod...

last night a pod raid just dropped right in the middle of my colony, right inside my barracks area while my pawns are asleep lol... it was a bloodbath against me lol...

so i searched on workshop if there was a mod that would stop pod raids inside your base, and found any relevant mods.. and your mod here in the forums seems to be the one im looking for..

Heymom

Tried your mod, and i still get drops in my "home" area and in my buildings.

Do i need to do something to make it work besides enable it in the mod section?

togfox

No - nothing special. I'll take a look at it and see if I missed something. Thanks for reporting this.