Faction bases way too weak?

Started by Eskil Jensen, March 12, 2019, 11:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eskil Jensen

So I've been careful with planning an assault on an enemy base since I expected a huge challenge.

After all, these hordes of enemies must be coming from somewhere, right? If the pirates are raiding my base in dozens, I should expect at least as much to be protecting their base... right? (and no, I don't mean an outpost, I mean the actual base).

So I gather my 10 best soldiers, gear them up with quality marine armors, drop them on the enemy base aaaaaand... 9 badly geared nobodies protecting 3 pitiful wooden shacks with little to no resources.

Should it be like that? Was that just bad luck? Is there a mod that alters this?
Could it be changed in the future to provide a challenge with possible high rewards?

Kirby23590

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1570960972

Powerful Faction Bases Might be something that adds more powerful bases with more raiders and pirates guarding the base, and makes them super mega tough as nails because of the number guards, until you are saving a orbital beamer or bombardment targeter to destroy your pirate neighbor that wants to destroy your colony...

Sadly this for the Steam Workshop though, unless you have an steam account there...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Eskil Jensen

Oh that kinda solves the problem for me, I do own a steam version.
And regarding the orbital bombardments/beams that's fine, I always thought this is what they are for (until I saw the rubbish shacks called the pirate base).

Still, I am puzzled why is it not a feature.
What was the logic behind making the bases so weak?