Rim world won't speak english

Started by keyara, March 11, 2019, 02:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyara

I started the game and it was in another language and I tried to switch it to English but that is not an option. Help? I already tried reinstalling it there's no English language pack.

Kirby23590

Did something or someone has accidentally deleted it?

If you're on Steam. Right click on Rimworld in your Library and then click on Properties then click on Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files...

Make sure you backed up some of your mods or your files in Rimworld but your saves should be fine, i feel... It should probably restore the English language so you can click again on the main menu...

But if that doesn't work or if you don't have Steam. Go to the AppData folders and go to the LocalLow folder and find the Ludeon Studios folder and obviously go to RimWorld by Ludeon Studios folder and go to the Config folder and find the Prefs.xml file.

You could try modifying the Prefs.xml file with Notepad or any text editor like Notepad++ and keep an eye out for <langFolderName> and replace the middle language that's been used with English or any language of your choice that the game supports if you wish, or you could try deleting the Prefs.xml file so that Rimworld the game itself could automatically make a new one if you boot the game up again... :)

Either of them has to work, i so hope it does...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.