Cleaning job

Started by Void32, March 13, 2019, 06:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Void32

Sorry for my inglish first. I have very small rimworld fanclub in my country.
Can anyone explain why my colonist who get job in work panel (extended adjustment) to load, cremate, deliver, carrier and finally cleaner, didnt actualy clean up if all this jobs sets at the same rank? For example "1". Colonist just ignore cleaning job after carrier an do nothing. There is dirty enough. And he start working (cleaning) only if all other jobs get lower piority then "cleaner - ''2". But I want he start cleaning job only if there is no carrier (and other mentioned) work to do right now. Got [FSF] Complex jobs mod installed. Tryed without it, there is only 2 jobs i am interested at this moment: carrier and cleaner, but the same trouble.

Canute

Hi,
i don't know  Complex job mod, but the description don't show anything that would change Hauling/Cleaning.

The jobs got 2 priorities
- from left to right at the work overview
- numbers when you enable them.

When you just enable Hauling and Cleaning at the Work Tab, the pawn should do the cleaning after he is doing all the hauling jobs.
But the problem are, there are so many different hauling jobs. Not only to haul items from A to B, merging stacks, deliver resources to blueprints.
Not to speak about the constant refill of small stockpiles because some crafter take something out.
My expierence are a hauler never get idle except you have alot of haulers, thats prolly why they never go cleaning.

You can try out Fluffy Work Tab, that give you more advanced options about priorities and you even can set different job for different daytimes.
You can set that someone do cleaning from 8am-12 am while hauling the rest of the day.

Void32

Thx,  Fluffy Work Tab sounds great.

I think I have mods compatibility issue. But no crash reports. Colonists just ignore cleaning jobs while it has the same priority as other jobs. I have a lot carriers, about 30 animals works on it also. My colony has grown up, and i have large free stock space, so haulers dont hurry to combine resources stacks. So I noticed this problem now, at the late game, then I actually have got space ship builded.

Limdood

The quick way to do what you want is to set hauling and cleaning to a lower number (higher priority) than everything else.

When a pawn seeks a job, he will look at his work tab, and:
- from left to right, look for a priority 1 job in their allowed areas.
- repeat this for priority 2, then 3, then 4
- When he finds a job, he will do the closest unreserved job of that work type

Note that jobs are invisibly broken down further.  For example, "cooking" has an invisible priority that puts cooking meals in front of butchering animals - a pawn left on their own will always cook available meals before they butcher animals.

Fluffy's work tab allows you to expand individual jobs and change the priorities of those subsections as well.

Void32

Some experiments whith work tab find out that any jobs which have the lower rank in numbers or from left to right (yes it is cleaning and so on) as hauling simply ignored. Any other type of job while have no work to do, switch to lower rate of priority jobs. But not haouling! Somehow it is completely ignore any other lower ranked types of jobs and just getting idle if there is nothing to carry, deliver or refill.

Limdood

double check that those jobs are 1) actually marked for that person to do them, 2) not in a restricted area (as in, you don't have your pawns restricted to an area that doesn't include what you want done) and 3) not reserved by another pawn.  if i have 2 things that need hauling, and 1 wall section that needs building, with 2 pawns - 1 pawn hauls the first thing, and the other pawn builds the wall.  Pawn #1 finishes hauling and takes 1 step towards the second thing to haul when pawn #2 finishes the wall.  Pawn #2 is going to go idle, because the only remaining job (hauling the second item) is already reserved by pawn #1 who just started the job....EVEN if pawn #1 is WAY farther away and pawn #2 is right next to the object, pawn #1 already "called it."

a pawn whose job priorities are set up:
Firefight -1, patient - 2, doctor - 1, bed rest -2, construction 3, growing 3, plant cutting 3, hauling 2, cleaning 4, research 3
is going to do jobs in this order (when they seek a new job...they won't stop mid-build of a pool table to go put out a fire, since they don't check for new jobs until they finish one):
fight any fires, treat any wounds or sicknesses, rest in bed from dangerous conditions, rest in bed for minor wounds, haul the nearest thing, build stuff (then deconstruct, which is hidden after building new things), harvest and sow plants, cut plants marked for cutting (plant cut isn't necessary to harvest fully grown plants in a growing zone), do research at a research bench, then do cleaning.

any time they finish a job, they'll start the whole list over.  The only way that pawn will go idle (the actual idle...relaxing socially, taking a walk, playing chess, meditating - those are all recreation activities that pawns will do when set to joy, or set to anything and their recreation meter is low enough) is if there are NO reachable (in the allowed area) unreserved (meaning no one else is already on their way to do it) jobs of those types on the map.

Emulsion

Also make sure that the cleaning jobs are in the home area or the colonists won't do them.
I learned that the hard way ;-)

Void32

Thanks for answers helped me to determine the problem, that was "pick up and haul" mod problem. Perfectly worked in begining to the lategame leads to jam and stun hauling job.

Canute

Hmm curious, never encounter some issues with Pickup&Haul.
If you don't use steam you maybe should check if you got the latest version,
or it is maybe another mod don't work well with pickup&Haul.

Void32

Muramas

I use misc robots which has a cleaning robot. I found it the best way of dealing with cleaning.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724602224