Credits Screen should display the names of the Colonists who died.

Started by Kirby23590, March 01, 2019, 12:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

I think something is very... Missing when, you grew attached into one of your colonists... But something very bad happened... :'(

Yes i know that you have the tools to resurrect them, but what if you were too late and they turned into skeletons? Or their corpses was burned away by a fire or just somehow disappeared, unable to bring them back?

Well some of us kind of forget about it and just move on, when playing on permadeath mode or by save scumming...

Tell me, why didn't the credits when you escape the rims in a spaceship you don't get a credits instead of saying these colonists where left behind: and these colonists escaped:
why isn't there a...

These colonists have perished or died: or In memory of:
QuoteJoespeh, Adventurer
May, Ninja
Alexander, Chef
Margaret, Sniper

Because that they died from a plague or from a infestation attack or when a lancer one shotted one of them with it's charge lance or ate a inferno cannon from a centipede? :(

I kinda wished the game would show me who died just to create some emotions especially if they where one of the starting people that you start with...

This will provoke hard feelings especially if your favorite colonist shows up in there, or hilariously if your colonist that you just named after your real-life friend or classmate or you just named a colonist after yourself...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

SansMasterBudaa :3

Quote from: Kirby23590 on March 01, 2019, 12:45:01 PM
I think something is very... Missing when, you grew attached into one of your colonists... But something very bad happened... :'(

Yes i know that you have the tools to resurrect them, but what if you were too late and they turned into skeletons? Or their corpses was burned away by a fire or just somehow disappeared, unable to bring them back?

Well some of us kind of forget about it and just move on, when playing on permadeath mode or by save scumming...

Tell me, why didn't the credits when you escape the rims in a spaceship you don't get a credits instead of saying these colonists where left behind: and these colonists escaped:
why isn't there a...

These colonists have perished or died: or In memory of:
QuoteJoespeh, Adventurer
May, Ninja
Alexander, Chef
Margaret, Sniper

Because that they died from a plague or from a infestation attack or when a lancer one shotted one of them with it's charge lance or ate a inferno cannon from a centipede? :(

I kinda wished the game would show me who died just to create some emotions especially if they where one of the starting people that you start with...

This will provoke hard feelings especially if your favorite colonist shows up in there, or hilariously if your colonist that you just named after your real-life friend or classmate or you just named a colonist after yourself...

Press F to pay respects for those colonist :'(
(I know, this meme is kinda dead :/)

Kirby23590

Quote from: SansMasterBudaa :3 on March 02, 2019, 06:11:19 PM
Press F to pay respects for those colonist :'(
(I know, this meme is kinda dead :/)

Well no, worries... I just made those names up... So they aren't even real colonists that i made in the game for a prolonged playthrough. :P

But i haven't made this post clear though, Well we had some colonists that we loved so much because that somehow cared for the pixelated sprites in our screens because they did something and a hard work for the colony...

Like did they make an Masterwork Weapon for you? Was he or she the best Marksman who ended so many raiders with his or her rifle? Do some heroic sacrifice where they took many mechanoids before dying moments later... And now they can't be brought back to life because their bodies was burned away by fire or turned into bones or even eaten by that predator or even kidnapped but died later...

This wouldn't be hard to implement to those colonists who died for the colonies that you made, but not just mine, but for the others out there who deeply cared about them... ( Minus save scumming or using Dev mode to resurrect them... )

Give those poor colonists who died a favor, and don't forget them... That's why the Credits should display all their names not just the ones who escaped or was left behind. There should've been a third one showing the colonists who died before the credit theme plays...

Just why??? Why Tynan, Why? Don't you even care for those colonists who gave their lives for my colony and the others?! Tynan plz! :(

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.