Smokepop Belts activated by MELEE attacks, if melee weapon is a GUN.

Started by iamomnivore, March 14, 2019, 02:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamomnivore

Smokepop Belts activated by MELEE attacks, if the melee weapon is a GUN of any type. Had multiple occurrences since I began using them (haven't really purposed the things in a play-through, before.)

To add, I did watch an arrest situation in which my melee, longsword-wielding pawn struck (and hit, nearly killing D:) several times and then was pulled back. A subsequent pawn, with bolt-action rifle, was sent in with melee attack orders and on first hit -- Smokepop burst. Can reproduce this.

This can't be right, reduces the actual efficacy of Smokepop Belts (meant to be a vs. ranged measure, not to be expended every time pawns fight I'd hope) and should be considered a bug. Thank you.

Kirby23590

Hey, I reproduced this by throwing in a Guy in melee wearing Marine Armor and had a Smokepop Belt...
I kinda did this with 2 Two Pirates, A Pirate gunner and a Drifter. While the Pirate gunner had the Bolt-action rifle by doing what iamomnivore did, when the bolt-action wielding guy somehow activated the smokepop belt by a buttstroke or a shove with his rifle...

So this happened...

My guy got clobbered by the bolt-action wielding raider... Smokepop Activates.

Club wielding pirate hits my guy wearing a smokepop belt. Smokepop doesn't activate since it's not a ranged weapon...

The Smokepop automatically activates from ranged projectiles, but somehow also ranged weapons in melee combat.

Yeah... This feels like an oversight, since not many players don't use smokepop belts... But i hope gets a quick look at and get fixed...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Kirby23590

Yo, sorry for uh, kinda boosting a post that hasn't been posted in for at least 120+ days...

But as smoke screen is concerned, it could be a bit weird... At least in my prescriptive and when turrets don't auto-target anymore but of someone clubbing my guy with his autopistol and then the smoke activated...

So hopefully this will get fixed? :D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ison