Invisible colonists and blueprints

Started by Sheovion, December 25, 2021, 01:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheovion

i already expect that there's not much to do in this case, but i have an old laptop i use when i'm not home, used to play old versions of RimWorld on it, running kinda well tbh
but since the newer versions, i'm having a problem where all colonists and blueprints are invisible, the specs of the laptop are: Core 2 Duo T6600, 4GB, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
in terms of FrameRate it's running fine, the only problem is what i said
is there a way to solve this? or it's more of a compatibility/support issue?

Canute

Hi,
wich each new major version of RW the unity engine got updated too.
That mean's the requirement for the videocard raised too.
Sometimes the problems are just a driver issue, happend mosttimes with Intel onboard/videocards.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=55404.0
When you use window's i don't think you can use openGL drivers. Or maybe try a websearch about it, maybe there is a way, then you can let RW use the openGL driver (the the other posting about the commandline).

Sheovion

well, it's a Core 2 Duo, so the OpenGL support isn't that great (the latest version of minecraft it can run is 1.16.5, after that, the OpenGL version used is not supported by the device)
also, the drivers that are instaled are the latest ones

Canute

When you don't got these problems with OpenGL, you can tell these the intel support that it is their driver which cause the problem.
Similar problem happen with RW 1.2 and intel driver, they got wrong background colours after a driver update. People needed to use older driver until they fixed it at some later update.

Sheovion

Quote from: Canute on December 26, 2021, 01:45:50 PM
When you don't got these problems with OpenGL, you can tell these the intel support that it is their driver which cause the problem.
Similar problem happen with RW 1.2 and intel driver, they got wrong background colours after a driver update. People needed to use older driver until they fixed it at some later update.
a bit late here, but tried the OpenGL thing, the game doesn't even open if i set it to run with OpenGL
it gives an error screen saying "InitializeEngineGraphics failed"