Errors with no mods

Started by Lucy, March 15, 2019, 07:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy

I just started playing this game again but im having a bit of a problem, even with no mods my game shows errors in the debug log, and when I load a map there is usually only one base per faction. I have not started a game with no mods yet but when I do there is usually bugs such as no raids, trade ships not carrying anything, and more. I'm not an expert on this stuff and im not sure what is causing it so any help is appreciated.

Canute

Hi,
when you got some error's on rimworld start without mods this is unusual.
But when you use steam there is a common update problem, steam don't delete old files from older version and these can cause problems.
Delete the Core folder and let it reinstall/repair from steam. Uninstall won't help since it don't delete these files.

If you still got error's after that, a logfile would be helpful. You can read the link if you don't know where these are.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
You need to press Reply to get the option to attach files to your answer.

Lucy

THANK YOU! I'm not getting any more errors even with mods, greatly appreciated  :)

MisterHims

Hello,

I allow myself to go up the subject because I encounter a very similar issue.

Indeed, even after having:
1. Delete all my mods
2. Reinstall Rimworld via Steam
3. Delete my windows cache and deactivate Steam Cloud
4. Reinstall Rimworld again by following the above procedure.

The error occurs when I click on "New Colony" :

Note that I am on the latest version of the game (1.3.3200) and also have the 2 DLCs.

Thanks!

Canute

Hi,
all these error's are from your custom scenario's got things from mod's that arn't active.
You should delete custom scenario's anyway, each major version.

MisterHims

Brilliant! I understood where the issue was coming from with your help. In reality, I didn't have any custom scenarios (from myself) and thought I had gotten rid of all of my mods, so in my opinion the game was totally clean. But I was still subscribed to a few scenarios on Steam and the issue was definitely there.

Thanks again!!! :D