[MINI-MODPACK] (Alpha 5) Creatures Galore Pack (Updated V1.5)

Started by XanderDox, July 17, 2014, 04:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XanderDox

Brief Description
This mod/modpack thing is an amalgamation of my creations and other modders, it's semi-modpack/semi-mod because some of the mods in the pack have be altered for lore/balancing/spawning purposes. Overall, Creatures Galore Pack V1.5 adds seven animals and counting, and some other features that have to do with animals/nature as well! Please be sure to check for updates!
Installation Instructions
Unzip/Extract the file to your Mods folder, or, another place of your choosing, and just put the folder inside of your Mods folder whenever you wish to play with it.

Features
-Adds Untelope, a herbivore that can be hunted, butchered and cooked.
-Adds Rimzards, a herbivore that can be hunted, butchered and cooked.
-Adds Untalopes, a rare herbivore that can be hunted butchered and cooked
-Adds Rimrats, a herbivore that can be hunted, butchered and cooked, have a habit of attacking things that have electricity running through them.
-Adds Alpha Muffalo, large herbivores that wander between herds and hit like a truck when enraged.
-Animal Rugs, (Muffalo, Squirrel, Boomrat and Human) which will alter colonist moods.
-Adds "Skwurels" aka, Skeleton Squirrels, they are very rare.
-Adds fences and fence gates, to keep animals out.... Or in.
-Adds Mulch!
-Adds Mushrooms! Growable and Cookable!
-Adds Mockingsnakes! Figure these little buggers out for yourselves!
Planned Features
-Make Rimzards carnivorous.
-Make eating Untalope meat give a happiness boost
-More creatures (Once I find someone to icon for me since I suck at it)

-Lowered Spawn Weight for squirrels and boomrats.
-Make Untalope spawning even rarer, so they're meat actually is a delicacy :p
-Make the Skwurel smaller, so it actually looks like one.
-Take away the need for Skwurels to eat.
-If approved by the original modmaker, Alpha Muffalos.

Known Bugs
-Animals not herding
Strange "Unwalkable Square" bug, alters spawning off animals slightly, has no real effect on gameplay

The CGP Team:
XanderDox - XML Programmer
Lancer447 - Iconner/Programmer

Other Notes
At the bottom of the page, I have attached Argain's No Boomrats Mod, this mod removes boomrats (obviously) however, if you decide to use it with the modpack, the boomrat animal carpet will not be buildable. I have not tested the effects of this mod with the rest of the modpack.
I've also attached a No-Boom Mockingsnakes Mod, to you know... Stop the boom boom.
Please read the ReadMe either attached at the bottom of the page, or in the mod directory for links to single mod pages.
Also, please feel free to leave suggestions/comments/questions below! I'll answer them to the best of my ability!
!Download Button!

Download Count (Updated Daily): 154
Credits to:
Lancer447 (Untalopes/Mockingsnakes)
Alex26 (Rimzard/Antelope Icons)
Kirid (Alpha Muffalo)
Argain (Rimrats/No Boomrats)
ItchyFlea (Animal Rugs/Wood Economy)
Jerethi50 (Mushroom Mod)
Tynan (Base Textures, including Skeleton Squirrel and soon to be Boom Rat ;) )

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
If you are going to use this in a ModPack, I ask you notify me first, you do not require my permission, and I guess you could skip this, but I'd prefer to be notified. Thanks in advance.
[Free] Subscriptions Information
If you would like to contact me for some other reason, either personal, buisness, or whatever, feel free to at [email protected], all emails should be sent with this subject title: [Forum Username] [Subject] . All email addresses will be kept confidential. If you would like to become a "Subscriber" of sorts (Lets call them SoS,) email me requesting to be one. SoS's will receive early versions/updates to their Creatures Galore Pack, and their creative feedback will be weighed more than normal forum members. SoS's will also be given a "newsletter of sorts" (NoS's) every month, detailing work being done on the Creature Galore Pack (CGP) and will be let in on any "secret" updates done to the modpack. This subscription system is absolutely free.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

XanderDox

Credits to the listed for making the icons! They are really good! I only wish I could icon that well!

Lancer447

Quote from: XanderDox on July 17, 2014, 04:00:59 PM
Planned Features

I could make an additional add-on for this specific modpack to try and make untalope meat give a happiness boost. It may be difficult, but I can help ch'ya with that. I don't plan on implementing it into the mod itself, however. Also, animals not herding is a vanilla bug of sorts; only, it affects mods... at least that's what I think.

And if you ever need new animals, I can release a new mod! I'm currently working on a "Mockingsnake" mod, which will hopefully add innocent little snakes to the game. I'm not good at all with carnivorous animals at all, though, as there's no vanilla assembly for that, I think. So hey, if ya need any help, just call my name (as in private message me).  ;D
Outdated mods: Lancer's Mods Bundle.
Shamless advertising mods and stories... Penana.

XanderDox

Quote from: Lancer447 on July 17, 2014, 08:43:45 PM
Quote from: XanderDox on July 17, 2014, 04:00:59 PM
Planned Features

I could make an additional add-on for this specific modpack to try and make untalope meat give a happiness boost. It may be difficult, but I can help ch'ya with that. I don't plan on implementing it into the mod itself, however. Also, animals not herding is a vanilla bug of sorts; only, it affects mods... at least that's what I think.

And if you ever need new animals, I can release a new mod! I'm currently working on a "Mockingsnake" mod, which will hopefully add innocent little snakes to the game. I'm not good at all with carnivorous animals at all, though, as there's no vanilla assembly for that, I think. So hey, if ya need any help, just call my name (as in private message me).  ;D

I'd love to have snakes added, and any other animals, Im not sure how to get carnivorous animals either... It may be possible to make them Omnivorous, so they will eat raw meat, but that would mean them raiding peoples stores ect :p I'm not good with assemblies and DLLs. Like, can't do them :p . I'll be teaching myself how later, but that'll take time. Iconning though? To frustrating for me, I can't even drawn a stick man.

TenSaidYes

This is pretty great. Four excellent creatures, all in one place!

I hope that snake Lancer mentioned comes to pass, too, because there can never be too many things for my colonists to eat out of desperation!

XanderDox

Quote from: TenSaidYes on July 17, 2014, 09:33:16 PM

This is pretty great. Four excellent creatures, all in one place!

I hope that snake Lancer mentioned comes to pass, too, because there can never be too many things for my colonists to eat out of desperation!

Five now :) Newest V1.1 Adds Alpha Muffalo Mod to the mix ! Hope you are all enjoying!

XanderDox

Everyone who has downloaded the mod from the attachment link at the bottom of the page, please use the MediaFire Button at the middle of the page for the newly updated "Alphallo" version!

Geoblazer5

This must be one of the best modpacks around. Good job!  ;D

XanderDox

Quote from: Geoblazer5 on July 17, 2014, 10:07:24 PM
This must be one of the best modpacks around. Good job!  ;D

Thanks a ton! Hope you enjoy playing! And make sure you report any bugs to me so I can troubleshoot!

Lancer447

Quote from: XanderDox on July 17, 2014, 08:47:53 PM
I'd love to have snakes added, and any other animals, Im not sure how to get carnivorous animals either... It may be possible to make them Omnivorous, so they will eat raw meat, but that would mean them raiding peoples stores ect :p I'm not good with assemblies and DLLs. Like, can't do them :p . I'll be teaching myself how later, but that'll take time. Iconning though? To frustrating for me, I can't even drawn a stick man.
Yeah, few people can do all the assembly stuff, eh. But hey, if ya need a texture/icon person, I can draw fairly well, if I do say so myself. It takes me a while to, though, as I'm a very patient person and everything I do seems to be tedious. Also I use a trackball mouse to make the art, which doesn't help at all. Anyways, I can help you when you need icons n' textures made. I'm not the best, ya know? Well, fellow, have a good day at ch'ya.
Outdated mods: Lancer's Mods Bundle.
Shamless advertising mods and stories... Penana.

XanderDox

QuoteYeah, few people can do all the assembly stuff, eh. But hey, if ya need a texture/icon person, I can draw fairly well, if I do say so myself. It takes me a while to, though, as I'm a very patient person and everything I do seems to be tedious. Also I use a trackball mouse to make the art, which doesn't help at all. Anyways, I can help you when you need icons n' textures made. I'm not the best, ya know? Well, fellow, have a good day at ch'ya

I'd be overjoyed to welcome you aboard the Creatures Galore team if you truly are interested!

XanderDox

Just updated again, welcome Skwurels to the mix!

JarrettAK47

This is actually a really awesome mod pack, and personally I don't use rugs, but this mod does it really well. I think I'm going to be using this as one of my main mods now  ;)

XanderDox

Quote from: JarrettAK47 on July 18, 2014, 02:57:07 AM
This is actually a really awesome mod pack, and personally I don't use rugs, but this mod does it really well. I think I'm going to be using this as one of my main mods now  ;)

I'm happy you enjoy it! Please make sure you have the newly updated "Skwurel" version downloaded, the mediafire link has been updated!