Has "wanderer joins" been significantly tweaked or eliminated in 1.0?

Started by eugeneb, March 17, 2019, 01:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eugeneb

Hi,

I started on Naked Brutality in desert and managed to survive for 3 seasons now. I don't have a lot of hours in 1.0 under my belt but so far I am having an extremely unusual game and I am curious whether it's normal. Almost a year in I've had 0 "wanderer joins" an 0 "someone is chased and asks for help" events. I am still surviving by myself but don't know how long luck is going to be on my side since any infection is going to be the end of me.

I've had 3 raids so far - first raider got infection and died in prison, second raider happened to be captured during unfortunate times when I was having food shortage so I had to ear her, third raider was shot by visitor and died on spot. I had one stranded person event and I tried to help, saw that the person has crazy injuries and wake-up addiction so I did a 180 turn and left. I had also a couple calls for help from prisoners but the balance of powers was a joke - I am not a Rambo to take on 3 raiders, 2 turrets and 1 mortar with my short bow.

It's not really bothering my game enjoyment and I am really curious how far I can survive and whether I am going to find a friend before I forget how to be human. But I am still kind of curious whether it's normal in the latest version or should I file a bug report or something?

One other unusual thing is that I still haven't received the popup that asks me about what name I want to give to my colony and faction. Does it show only after I have more than one person?

Wanderer_joins

It's been tweaked precisely so that your naked brutality runs doesn't get a wanderer day 5.

But at 1 guy you still get many opportunities to get new colonists, with missions or refugee pods or prisoners easy to recruit.

Kirby23590

Wander joins kinda get a bit rarer for a few seasons or years...

Though you can still encounter Refugee chased events and get a free colonist that way but you to fight some raiders, which can be full melee raids or Some worse... But they tell you how many raiders are there and what they are to know if they are bringing in the Rocket launchers...
Though i think it's also tweaked in 1.0 but you can get them, while wander joining events are slighter rarer than refugee chased events...

Oh... Also you can get a man in black events... But i don't think you like it since it evolves your colony getting wrecked or a curtain of colonists dying to a raid or manhunter pack for the mysterious stranger in black to appear, who functions as a free colonist who always is capable of violence as in you can draft him to fight and fend off raids.....
So i never got them since i don't like getting my colony heavily wrecked by those to get a free colonist who would replace those who are getting kidnapped by pirates or were killed by an infestation, outside of cheating and the magic of dev mode...

Kinda ironic that someone named Wanderer_joins replied to this... :D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

eugeneb

Lol I didn't notice that one of the people who replied here has wanderer joins name ;D

It's all good with me, I just wanted to confirm this experience is expected. I am actually liking it better so far compared to my previous naked brutality runs with an automatic wanderer joins event. Although I've been a little bit on the edge about disease since with my medical skill 3, nearly anything is going to kill me. So far I haven't had any realistic chance to recruit anyone - all prisoners didn't make it and the only free colonist event I had (stranded on map and unguarded) was a pawn with wake up addiction. I had to abandon them because they had no chance to make it in my minimalist base. Very curious who is going to be my first friend eventually. Also IMO this way that colonist will feel much more valuable, compared to when storyteller is automatically throwing people at you.