Stutter problem

Started by jager666, March 17, 2019, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jager666

Hi!

Did anyone encounter a weird stutter in menu? When I launch the game I have like 30% of CPU used in the menu already, and it's i7 2600k @ 4.8 Ghz, so I imagine it's bit too high? I'm using the mod manager as well, and when scrolling around the mods, it stutters as well. Same in game, regular stutter when scrolling paused or not. Tried disabling all background programs, doing all sorts of Windows 10 optimization tricks, Windows is updated to the latest version, even tried disabling the Meltdown and Spectre fixes to regain lost performance, nothing really helps. 16 GB of RAM with around 80 mods.

Funny thing is when I play at my gf's computer which have i5 6400k which clocks around 3.2Ghz at turbo, there's no stutter.

Here's the debug log after game init:

https://git.io/fjv8r

Anyone had similar problems?

Canute

Does your GF use TwitchToolkit too ? :-)

jager666

What I've meant is that I'm using the same mod setup there. Sorry to dissapoint you :)

Canute

Ok,
what is the CPU usage at the GF computer ?
But when both rimworld setup on both mashines are the same, it must have something to do with windows or other application don't you think too ?

jager666

It's around 5%-10% at the menu, so that's seems strange to me since my CPU is faster in terms of GHz, I'll continue to troubleshoot this and gonna post solution if I find one. Sandy Bridge CPUs users are welcome to chip in and share their experience.

jager666

To anyone having similar problems,the thing that apparently fixed it for me was clearing the Ludeon folder in AppData. I had to turn off Steam sync because it keep downloading saves and mod configs and there was apparently some problems with these files, it plays ok now. Does anyone know if it's possible to clear the Steam cloud data for a specific game?

Canute

Sorry, don't use steam. Maybe you should search steam about it.