[RESOLVED] Getting errors when cooking meals

Started by ZegaV, March 17, 2019, 01:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZegaV

Hey there! I'm having some bugs, and I didn't know whether it was a vanilla game bug or a mod bug since I have an ungodly amount of mods in general. I aired to the cautious side and decided to slap the post here.

Anyways, whenever I try to make a pawn do anything similar to cooking, either two things happen: It says that it requires materials, or the pawn goes and cooks to then finish with the raw food still there and no simple meals were made. The error log that pops up is down below:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Duran driver=JobDriver_DoBill (toilIndex=24) driver.job=(DoBill (Job_449194) A=Thing_ElectricStove49813 B=Thing_Meat_Warg149941 C=(44, 0, 148)) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.RoomRoleWorker_Kitchen.GetScore (Verse.Room) <0x0010b>
at Verse.Room.<UpdateRoomStatsAndRole>m__1 (Verse.RoomRoleDef) <0x0003e>
at Verse.GenCollection.MaxBy<Verse.RoomRoleDef, single> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.RoomRoleDef>,System.Func`2<Verse.RoomRoleDef, single>,System.Collections.Generic.IComparer`1<single>) <0x00148>
at Verse.GenCollection.MaxBy<Verse.RoomRoleDef, single> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.RoomRoleDef>,System.Func`2<Verse.RoomRoleDef, single>) <0x00030>
at Verse.Room.UpdateRoomStatsAndRole () <0x002a0>
at Verse.Room.GetStat (Verse.RoomStatDef) <0x00027>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.GenRecipe/<MakeRecipeProducts>c__Iterator0.MoveNext_Patch0 (object) <0x00573>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>.AddEnumerable (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x000d7>
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x000e5>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList<Verse.Thing> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x00070>
at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe/<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0 () <0x002d4>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x0071f>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.<DoRecipeWork>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__1()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch2(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

It happens with everything I use, not just Warg meat. Such as potatoes. At first, I thought that it was the 'Master of Cooking' mod messing stuff up (although it's never done that before), so I disabled that and yet it still doesn't work. Is there anything that I'm missing? All the cooking requirements are met. Thanks y'all!

Canute

Hi,
QuoteI didn't know whether it was a vanilla game bug or a mod bug
do you realy think that is a vanilla game bug noone encounter so far ? :-))

The error show problems to get the stats of your kitchen (i think), since the room stats is an argument for the meal's you cook (food poisoning).
So you should check what is inside your kitchen, what furniture,floors,items maybe walls.
Check from what mod they are and try to deactivate that.

Once you found the mod, don't forget to report that issue to the mod topic, so the author got a chance to fix it.

ZegaV

Quote from: Canute on March 17, 2019, 01:29:49 PM
Hi,
QuoteI didn't know whether it was a vanilla game bug or a mod bug
do you realy think that is a vanilla game bug noone encounter so far ? :-))

The error show problems to get the stats of your kitchen (i think), since the room stats is an argument for the meal's you cook (food poisoning).
So you should check what is inside your kitchen, what furniture,floors,items maybe walls.
Check from what mod they are and try to deactivate that.

Once you found the mod, don't forget to report that issue to the mod topic, so the author got a chance to fix it.
Thanks for responding!
I've tried to investigate what could've been in the kitchen, I have the electric stove in my workshop so I had a few furniture pieces in there that were from a mod such as the Rimmu-nation heavy workshop thing. I removed that, and the modded 1x2 door, but I realized that when my pawns try to interact with the food at all other than hauling, I get an error. Just after removing the furniture, a pawn attempted to eat the Warg meat and were unable to.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Rush driver=JobDriver_Ingest (toilIndex=14) driver.job=(Ingest (Job_449552) A=Thing_Meat_Warg149945) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_GetFood
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.RoomRoleWorker_Kitchen.GetScore (Verse.Room room) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Room.<UpdateRoomStatsAndRole>m__1 (Verse.RoomRoleDef x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.MaxBy[RoomRoleDef,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.MaxBy[RoomRoleDef,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Room.UpdateRoomStatsAndRole () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Room.GetStat (Verse.RoomStatDef roomStat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Toils_Ingest+<FinalizeIngest>c__AnonStorey9.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch2(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

ZegaV

Finally got it fixed! Disabled a few mods that seemed iffy. Not sure which one directly caused it though. It all works just fine now. Thanks for the help!

Canute

Quoteand the modded 1x2 door
Expanded doors ?
I bet on this, it caused many trouble so far, special about pathing.