[1.2] [Ry]RimCraft, a World of Warcraft Rimworld Mod last update: August 12th

Started by Ryflamer, March 17, 2019, 10:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryflamer

This mod is very much a work in progress, with the intent to add more custom races, armor, weapons, and everything fitting within the Warcraft universe. Constructive criticism, suggestions, and ideas are very much appreciated and feel free to yell at me on our discord, linked below.

!!! Disclaimer !!!
For the races to be accessed in-game you will also require the Rimcraft Factions, or any of the patch mod/s in order to play with them properly.
This mod only functions as a core mod to house the race files and does not implement them in-game.

If you view the sub-mods recommended below you can allow the races to spawn in a customizable amount of ways.

Feature Overview

• Several races native to Azeroth and the Warcraft universe.

• Each race has its own respective advantages and disadvantages.

• New faction specific weapons unique to each faction.

• Lore based backstories and names for each race.

• All races are capable of spawning as pirates, outlanders, tribespeople, as well as potential wanderers and slaves.

• New WoW specific creatures such as Direwolves, Hawkstriders, Raptors, and many others.

• New WoW-Lore related ores and ingots such as Thorium and Dark Iron, both of which have special properties.

• Hostile Scourge faction to fight against
Races

• Blood Elves

• Night Elves

• High Elves

• Azerothian Humans

• Orcs

• Trolls

• Forsaken Human/Elves

• Draenei

• Worgen

• Tauren
Requirements
Compatibility
FemaleBB is currently visually incompatible with Rimcraft races.

Load Order
Below Hugslib, Humanoid Alien Races 2.0. Should be put where all your other race mods are located.

Keep in mind not all races listed are necessarily implemented in-game.

Race Stats
Click Here for Race Stats
Keep in mind not all races listed are necessarily implemented in-game.

Currently looking for help regarding any way possible including Textures, XML, C#, lore information/backstories or any other way you feel that'd you be able to progress the mod. Contributions to the project are always appreciated.

Steam Links Below:
Rimcraft Submods!

Rimcraft Factions allows for you to play with and interact with the various different lore specific factions of World of Warcraft such as The Alliance, The Horde, and many more.

Rimcraft Animals features many different creatures native to the world of Azeroth for you to both tame and fight off.

Rimcraft Metals adds lore accurate ores and ingots such as Thorium and Dark Iron as well as several others that all have their own unique qualities and appearance.

Rimcraft Allied Races adds the Nightborne, Maghar Orcs, and Void Elves to spawn within Rimworld. Allows functionality with all sub-mods including the custom Nightborne faction with Rimcraft Factions.

Rimcraft Pirate Patch adds functionality with vanilla Rimworld to have all Rimcraft races to spawn within the Pirate faction. Rimcraft Allied Race integration included.

Rimcraft Outlander Patch adds functionality with vanilla Rimworld to have all Rimcraft races to spawn within the Outlander faction. Rimcraft Allied Race integration included.

Rimcraft Tribal Patch adds functionality with vanilla Rimworld to have all Rimcraft races to spawn within the Tribal faction. Rimcraft Allied Race integration included.

Check out my other mods!

For non-steam users please use the link below for all the downloads of my content.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iFk1iIZrfAGb2SjWjjfLIXpIKz989CCf

Credits to:

• Ryflamer - Code, Backstories, Preview Art, and Race/Hair textures.

• Varethyn - Animal/Hair textures and Backstories.

• Christian - Code for the Rimcraft Metals

• Falkrim Wright - Ore/Ingot textures.

• The HAR and Rimworld discord which helped a great deal in the creation of this mod.
If you want to include Rimcraft in a modpack, or if you want to use Rimcraft as the basis of a derivative mod, feel free to do so. Just make sure to PM me either here or on discord(Ryflamer#0175) of you decide to do so.

No copyright infringement intended.
World of Warcraft inspired content are property of Blizzard Entertainment.

Ryflamer

Race Preview Images(W.I.P)

Horde Races

Alliance Races

Ryflamer

This mod is a sub-mod for Rimcraft, and adds lore specific animals to Rimworld. It can be used either by itself or along with Rimcraft and has patched in functionality to allow for full integration with it.

This mod is very much a work in progress, with the intent to add more diverse types of creatures from the Warcraft universe.

Below are examples of all the different animals added with this mod. Not shown are the many different colored varieties they have available to them.

Canute

Ryflamer,
could you made a non-steam link ? Forum user basicly don't need steam links.
And as special service a link to the required mods. :-)

Ryflamer

@Canute Updated post with a non-steam link, and for everyone I'll be updating the mod later today with a nonfacial stuff patch, combat extended patch, and possibly rimworld of magic functionality built in for some of the pawns.

Ryflamer

Mod has been updated with various bugfixes as well as the facial stuff version has been separated into a different patch and the main mod is now non-facial stuff compatible. And here's a bit of a preview of whats upcoming

Ryflamer

Example of what some of the legendary weapons in-game may look like, though I might bump up the texture quality to 256x later on now that graphical mods recently came out on the workshop

Also I expect to do an update tomorrow including the update on all head textures from 128x-256x as well as all the new eye textures for blood and night elves implemented.

Ryflamer

Updated both the main mod and the facial stuff patch.

Updated all pawn textures to now be 256x256 instead of 128x128.
Player Faction Research fix.
Various graphical texture touch ups.
Custom eyes for all blood and night elves.
New color variation for blood and night elf eyes depending on their pawnkind.
Basic rimworld of magic integration patch(W.I.P).

Ryflamer

Preview of the upcoming orcs that'll be included in the update sometime within the next week.

Ryflamer

Preview of some of the metals that will either be included in the upcoming update on the 27th, or in a future one.

Ryflamer

Added Orcs, High Elves, and Azerothian humans including their own backstories, scenarios, factions, slave/wanderer and pirate pawnkind integration.

Added Basic Ore and Ingots which includes both Thorium and Dark Iron which have unique properties compared to existing ore.

Various balance changes to night/blood elves bringing them more in line with standard humans.

Touched up existing backstories, all backstories will go through a second pass in a future update to make them more unique in regards to traits.

Quatrosss

This mod shouldve been called WorldWorld 😎😎

Ryflamer

I was pretty close to calling it Rimworld of Rimcraft but felt it was a bit too long. That and RimCraft on its own sounds pretty dope, despite the fact people think its a minecraft mod at first glance lol.

Ryflamer

Pushed an update to bugfix the scenarios in which home texture icon/quest icons weren't spawning.