[1.0] More Trade Ships - Cheaper Components

Started by blerkz, April 17, 2016, 05:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blerkz

Updated for B18.

Steam version will auto update. Users that want to keep playing on A17b (or earlier), please use the appropriate version from Nexusmods.

blerkz

Updated for 1.0.

Note that the way storytellers control trade ships was changed in B19, so I had to rewrite More Trade Ships. It will probably not give you the exact same rate as it did in B18. Please leave your feedback if you think the rate is too high or too low in B19 / 1.0.

moonra

I'm getting an error with the More Trade Ships file at the Nexus "cannot open file as archive".

Canute

I just download and could open with 7z, no problems.
Maybe update your archive tool.

moonra

Huh, it was that indeed. Not much of a surprise tbh, I don't think I updated 7zip once since I installed it.
Thanks, Canute!

5thHorseman

I made a test copy of your mod and removed the story teller names from the xpath to see if it was smart enough to patch it anyway. It seems to be but I know almost nothing about modding Rimworld so other than it seeming like I'm getting more ships with a custom storyteller I don't know if it worked.

I just removed 2 of the operations and modified the 3rd to remove [defname = "Cassandra"] from the xpath.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

5thHorseman

Note: this is about "More Trade Ships" not "Cheaper Components"

Quote from: 5thHorseman on November 08, 2019, 12:18:08 AM
I just removed 2 of the operations and modified the 3rd to remove [defname = "Cassandra"] from the xpath.

I tested this with crazy settings to verify it 100% and it 100% works. Here's the entire file (sans comments) with crazy settings so you can see for yourself (just load the mod before a custom storyteller, I got 3 ships within a couple in-game hours):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Patch>
<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<xpath>/Defs/StorytellerDef/comps//li[incident="OrbitalTraderArrival"]</xpath>
<value>
<li Class="StorytellerCompProperties_OnOffCycle">
<incident>OrbitalTraderArrival</incident>
<onDays>9</onDays>
<offDays>2</offDays>
<numIncidentsRange>30</numIncidentsRange>
</li>
</value>
</Operation>
</Patch>

And here it is with your numbers (again sans comments):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Patch>
<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<xpath>/Defs/StorytellerDef/comps//li[incident="OrbitalTraderArrival"]</xpath>
<value>
<li Class="StorytellerCompProperties_OnOffCycle">
<incident>OrbitalTraderArrival</incident>
<onDays>9</onDays>
<offDays>2</offDays>
<numIncidentsRange>3</numIncidentsRange>
</li>
</value>
</Operation>
</Patch>
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

TMC_Ace