[1.0] Humanoid Project (New Races, Abilities, Infested Settlements and More!)

Started by EvaineQ, July 08, 2019, 07:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvaineQ

FEATURES:
The Humanoid Project features three new Playable Races.

Avians: They are (Called Storm Casters) have the ability to cast Powerful Lightning Bolts, which can have a Huge Impact on the Environments. The impact of a Bolt can cause a strange Blue-Fire that can be Extremely Hard to Extinguish.
The Avians will comment on the Upcoming Weather, letting you know if a Storm is around your Doors. They also have Adaptive Eyes, this means that they can adapt in various Light-Conditions making them more precise when using ranged weapons.
Volcanians: Have a really Solid skin that can Resist even on the Hottest conditions. Along with unique Stats.
Descendants of Volcanians: They are Similar to Volcanians but they Feature a really unique color and deeper stats.

PROSTHETICS
Prosthetics Rework: now they work in Stages which try to Simulate the real-world system.
Some of the Implants grants you Special Abilities when Installed (For example we can take the Growth-Simulator, which allow any Pawn to regrow missing Body Parts.)

ENERGY GUNS
A new type of Weapons that Use Energy Projectiles featuring unique stats that can have a really big impact on the Battle. (Featuring new Sound Effects as well)

FACTIONS
Two new Factions that can have a Major impact on your Colony. (The Factions features also new Traders along them)

Procedurally Generated Settlements
A new Incident Connected to Factions. (Factions can send you Quests of an Infested nearby Settlement, you can either choose to help them or not. The settlements are Procedurally Generated, they can contain tons and tons of Items for you to Loot.)

WEATHER
New type of Weathers:
An EMP-Storm is incoming and all of the electronic Devices have a chance to not work properly.

An Anomaly Storm. This storm has a massive area of impact so be careful when wandering outside of the Colony. The Storm will start massive wildfires in entire area, but hopefully the rain will put it out. Don't stay close to trees. Caution is advised. (This storm due to chemical reactions cause a Bluish-Fire) There is also a Dry Version of this Storm which means that it can happen even without Rain.

And a Runic Storm that can blast a small area with repeated and massive lightning strikes

PLANTS
Featuring tons of New Plants that can be used to produce Food and even Advanced-Stimulator's.

FOOD
The Mod features are also tons of new Synthetic-Food which can be Fabricated at the Bio-Lab.

BUILDINGS

Bio-Lab;. The Bio-Lab is used to manufacture Synthetic-Food and some of the Advanced-Bionics. Be careful this Structure can cause a massive Explosion that has a Bluish-Fire that can be Extremely hard to Extinguish.

Cosmos-Bench. The Cosmos-Bench is used to manufacture Energy-Weapons. Beware this Building can Heat your Room to Extreme-Levels if you don't use a good cooling solution.

GAMEPLAY IMAGES:

LINKS
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1785657108&searchtext=humanoid

In case you need a "NON STEAM VERSION" click the Image. [/url

creepyguyinblack

Is there any documentation about making new races using this as a template?
I had an idea about making a human variant based on the "Culture" human type from Iain M. Bans Culture series of novels, basically having perfectly engineered organs, plus born with drug sacs, and able to change sexes, appearance at will, but with a few weeks of adjustment, and rapid clotting, regeneration, etc. Possibly even some neural AI enhancements too, like brainpals.
How daunting would something like this be?

Grabarz

Hello, can we get a compatibility note ?
I'm getting spam of error logs, i guess is not EPOE friendly, but that's not all. I will post error log later.

Anyway nice standalone mod :)

Canute

Quote from: Grabarz on July 19, 2019, 03:56:22 AM
Hello, can we get a compatibility note ?
I'm getting spam of error logs, i guess is not EPOE friendly, but that's not all. I will post error log later.
I am get no error with EPoE and this mod together.
Did you miss Jecstools or Alien framework maybe ?

Grabarz

Canute

Maybe try out Fluffy ModManager too.
Then you would get a warning about a missing required mod.

Menoske

I played with this mod for a while, and really love and appreciate the additions it brings to a game, but I feel that the Volcanians are extremely unbalanced when building with mountain bases.  They get so many pluses (also always have Tough/Undergrounder traits) and very few drawbacks for mountain bases.  They get -150% toxic resist (IIRC) but with a mountain base you just hole up and never think about it.  For some reason the Volcanians are also spawning 10x more than the Avians for me.

I'd like to talk with you on the Rimworld Discord sometime about the abilities and attaching graphics to pawns (bluefire).  I'm working on a mad science mod and plan on adding abilities to bionic parts to truly make some mad science death machines.

Overall I love this mod and the new weapons are awesome as well.  Is there any way to get a standalone mod with use the weapons or bionics?

Trentennisfigati