[1.2] [Ry]RimCraft, a World of Warcraft Rimworld Mod last update: August 12th

Started by Ryflamer, March 17, 2019, 10:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryflamer

Small preview of the coming update on the 3rd.

Ryflamer

Another little preview for the update coming out tomorrow

Weapons may or may not come out tomorrow however several faction related animal/mounts will be coming out along with Trolls. Worst case scenario weapons will come in the update the week after.

RyanRim

Finally, if only LotR and warhammer mods were kept up like this  :'(

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Darkwalker28

Incredible mod. One thing only, why push for realistic graphics instead of vanilla style? IDK kinda ruins the style for me, still using it though the mod is AMAZING with magic

Ryflamer

Pushed the steam/nonupdate just now.

This update includes the following for Rimcraft.

Added the Troll race which now spawns within the Horde Faction as well as a troll scenario.
Added various different animals such as Direwolves, Hawkstriders, Raptors, and others.
Updated ages of races to properly fit their lore.
Adjusted textures of all races to better fit vanilla gear and improved overall quality.
Adjusted heights of all races to better fit lore.

Further implementation of the mounts within factions is intended to be added in the future, such as proper giddyup support as well as proper pack animals for all of the racial mounts.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or criticisms for this update/mod feel free to leave a comment here or drop me an @ on discord https://discord.gg/3Dp7Zug

Ryflamer

Quote from: Darkwalker28 on April 03, 2019, 06:23:39 AM
Incredible mod. One thing only, why push for realistic graphics instead of vanilla style? IDK kinda ruins the style for me, still using it though the mod is AMAZING with magic
Thus far I've had people give me positive comments for the semi-realistic graphics so I may keep going in that direction, however that may change since I do admit that it could be somewhat jarring compared to some other races. Another thing to note is that my textures may look more realistic overall due to the fact they're all in 256x, while all vanilla and most other pawn textures are done at 128x.

Canute

Ryflamer,
do you realy think all your animal's should eat the same ?
I think Nightsaber and others like them should prefer meat and not vegetables.

I honor your artist style, they look all nice. And for a XML mod you made a fantastic job so far i notice.
But i miss a bit some unique things for each race. Like different researches, researches they can only made by some race (i know some mod got that feature).
Or different appareals for some races they only can wear.
Unique abilities made with jectools, nothing gamebreaking but something like a triggerable small regneration for trolls, Calm mad/manhunter animals for elfs.

Ryflamer

Quote from: Canute on April 07, 2019, 07:10:07 AM
Ryflamer,
do you realy think all your animal's should eat the same ?
I think Nightsaber and others like them should prefer meat and not vegetables.

I honor your artist style, they look all nice. And for a XML mod you made a fantastic job so far i notice.
But i miss a bit some unique things for each race. Like different researches, researches they can only made by some race (i know some mod got that feature).
Or different appareals for some races they only can wear.
Unique abilities made with jectools, nothing gamebreaking but something like a triggerable small regneration for trolls, Calm mad/manhunter animals for elfs.

Appreciate the kind words and I definitely agree with a lot of your suggestions. Regarding the animals this week they were pretty rushed out and this was my first time setting them up code-wise so there is a lot that can be approved, with a lot of changes coming in this week's upcoming update on the 12th.

As for more features within time they'll be coming, in regards to apparel and more unique items I'm limited via art since I'm personally not a big artist, and the people who are who help out the mod haven't been doing apparel and such. Though it is a plan to add unique apparel to give the factions a lot more identity besides just the pawn's appearance. And for the unique abilities I definitely want to add them but considering they take C# experience, and I have none that is unfortunately awhile off. Though once I get all the core races out I'll be looking into C# to add custom abilities and other C# related features but before than there's a huge amount of content I'm capable of doing via just XML.

Canute

Something more for Animals:
They are definitiv too fast, Vanilla predator's do 5 m/s while all from this mod got 8 m/s.
But that depend how you want handle it, but don't forget early fast mounts can kite most attacker around.
Don't forget to made them Packanimal, currently none of them are.
Made them more variable, ok you allready said they are just the first try.
Some could be faster but don't carry much, other are slower but carry more.
Horse do less DPS while a Nightsaber do more....

Ryflamer

Quote from: Canute on April 07, 2019, 06:32:39 PM
Something more for Animals:
They are definitiv too fast, Vanilla predator's do 5 m/s while all from this mod got 8 m/s.
But that depend how you want handle it, but don't forget early fast mounts can kite most attacker around.
Don't forget to made them Packanimal, currently none of them are.
Made them more variable, ok you allready said they are just the first try.
Some could be faster but don't carry much, other are slower but carry more.
Horse do less DPS while a Nightsaber do more....

In the upcoming patch I've already changed them to be from around 6-7 in movement speed. I want them to be slightly faster than the vanilla alternatives since they're traditional mounts rather than random rimworld creatures. And as for pack animals currently I'm waiting on unique pack texture variants of animals so they may or may not come with the next update. And yeah in the next update all the animals will be a lot more variable in regards to their stats.

Canute

I just notice,
Dark iron weapon arn't smeltable.
Since Dark iron comes from ore and need to be smelted into bar's the weapon out of them should be smeltable too.
Or what do you think ?
And i hope you will rework Dark iron/Thorium later too :-) Currently Plasteel/Uranium are better for weapons.

Valken/Christian

Quote from: Canute on April 09, 2019, 03:47:43 AM
I just notice,
Dark iron weapon arn't smeltable.
Since Dark iron comes from ore and need to be smelted into bar's the weapon out of them should be smeltable too.
Or what do you think ?
And i hope you will rework Dark iron/Thorium later too :-) Currently Plasteel/Uranium are better for weapons.
Hello, I am the guy that created the metals and there are some limitations I had, when creating them. The metals are weaker than plasteel and uranium because Ryflamer wanted me to keep plasteel viable, meaning it would have to be stronger then the basic materials. Alloys will be stronger but I still need to work on them. Dark Iron is a special case, because it is a special metal, meant to be used for armor to protect against fire. I didn't make dark iron smeltable to prevent players from just smelting down all the weapons to get a lot, while the ingots need 8 ore to be crafted. This is a solution to balancing the crazy fire protection.
What exactly do you mean with rework?

Canute

The rework i though is these alloys you spoke of.
Since you are want keeping uranium/plasteel and didn't want Rimcraft metals stronger then these, it is ok.
But maybe why you didn't patch plasteel/uranium out or replace them with dark iron/throium ?
Since i remember the source of black iron from WoW i know about these fire protection, but currently unsure why you need that. Unless you want add flamethrow or lavabiomes :-)

Since i don't saw any source for mining thrium/black iron yet, smelting weapons would be the only source for me yet.
Sure i could use Quarry mod, and add these metals into it over the settings.

Valken/Christian

Quote from: Canute on April 09, 2019, 09:25:05 AM
The rework i though is these alloys you spoke of.
Since you are want keeping uranium/plasteel and didn't want Rimcraft metals stronger then these, it is ok.
But maybe why you didn't patch plasteel/uranium out or replace them with dark iron/throium ?
Since i remember the source of black iron from WoW i know about these fire protection, but currently unsure why you need that. Unless you want add flamethrow or lavabiomes :-)

Since i don't saw any source for mining thrium/black iron yet, smelting weapons would be the only source for me yet.
Sure i could use Quarry mod, and add these metals into it over the settings.
The deposits for the metals are in the mod, you probably got really unlucky and managed to not get any ore.
I am planning to add a custom mine in the future to produce more ore but that will take some time and I havn't even started on it.
I also don't want to replace vanilla plasteel and uranium to prevent incompatibilitie problems.
The dark iron fire protection already helps against Molotovs and incendiary launchers, but in the future it will be very helpful against fire magic.

Canute

QuoteI am planning to add a custom mine in the future to produce more ore but that will take some time and I havn't even started on it.
You shouldn't do that.
There are some mods out there like
Quarry (you can add custom ore over mod settings)
Omni Deep Core drilling. (detour patch for all mineable resources)