[1.2] [Ry]RimCraft, a World of Warcraft Rimworld Mod last update: August 12th

Started by Ryflamer, March 17, 2019, 10:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryflamer

Are you using the medieval vanilla mod? I recently uploaded a patch to the devbuild version of Rimcraft which you can find in the #devbuilds channel in our discord that may fix the issue you may be having. https://discord.gg/9BJmqvX

And sometime in the near future the one who works on the metal sub-mod will be uploading a specific medieval furnace to be used which will allow for those medieval only playthroughs.

fantasticrat

No, I don't use Medieval Vanilla. I use The Third Age to disable modern technologies instead as it's a requirement for LOTR anyway. But it's okay - my own patch works for now just fine until an official one comes around.

I tried regenning a world with the devbuild patch tho anyway, and it's still broken. Night elves are still nonfunctional. I did change my load order and loaded Third Age before instead of after rimcraft as well and nothing changed.

Got a picture of it this time too, here: https://imgur.com/a/GTT5lYa.

I had someone else take a look at this and I guess the night elf faction does work and I'm just unfamiliar with the fancy name for it (interestingly, the krysa faction did not load this time, but it has before in this wonky worldgen). But when starting a new game with the night elf preset it still doesn't gen as before, and when I try to force spawn one with dev mode I get this error. I can't make sense of what it's trying to say besides that it's trying to find a trait that's been disabled by (i assume) The Third Age:

Ryflamer

I updated the devbuild to include a patch that fixes the trait. Reason I asked about medieval vanilla was that apparently it and Lotr third age make the same exact trait change so was figuring that was the issue. So all should work now if you were to try it. Appreciate the bug error feedback and feel free to hit me up either here or on the discord if you come across any other things of note.

Ryflamer

This update includes the following for Rimcraft.

- Added the Rimcraft: Allied Races sub-mod which currently include Mag'har orcs, Void Elves, and Nightborne. The mag'har and void elves spawn within the respective horde or alliance faction, while nightborne can either be found in their own faction, or in the horde.
- Added custom eye textures for all blood-elf variants. In the next update night elf variants will have new eye textures as well.
- Added new animals such as Murlocs and Dragonhawks
- Added custom player base icon to distinguish the playerbase from same faction bases(If you play as BE faction you can tell yourself apart from NPC BE bases).
- Added a medieval forge for Rimcraft metals for those that prefer medieval-based playthroughs.
- Added medieval plate armor apparel tag to factions so they should be a more significant threat.
- Made predator animals be predators.
- Rebalanced race values to be significantly less op and more in-line with vanilla rimworld pawns.
- Added patch for rimcraft metals that allows for factions to spawn with varying apparel metal types.
- Added patch in Rimcraft that allows compatibility with Medieval - Vanilla, LOTR: The Third Age, and RJW
- Removed Redundant pawnkinds
- Reduced race leather commonality to that leather of the various races is significantly less common

If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or criticisms for this update/mod feel free to leave a comment here or drop me an @ on discord https://discord.gg/3Dp7Zug

rimmer21

Can I perhaps get a non-steam link for rimcraft animals? I absolutely love different animals then the vanilla and download basically any animal mod I can find :)

Canute

Ryflamer

Took a break from modding for a little while but I'm back part-time at least. Within the next week expect a minor update that'll include some basic QoL stuff. But the main aspects of the update will be custom eyes for night elf variations similar to what I did for blood elves recently, as well as two modular mods. The modular mods being one that will import all existing races to spawn as pirates(already available in core mod but moving it away from people who won't want that), as well as one that will allow all races to spawn within the vanilla factions besides just pirates.

One I have the two aforementioned mods out I'll probably start work on Worgens, some hair textures, and probably making a mod that removes all factions/weapons from the core Rimcraft mod and putting it into it's own modular mod.

Modular Customization is fun !

Ryflamer

This update includes the following for Rimcraft.

- Added new custom eyes for night elves, similar to what was done for blood elves.
- Added custom eyebrows to the night elves, similar to what blood elves have.
- Troll males now have 3 types of tusk variations, as well as they are now linked to the health of the pawn's jaw. So if your troll doesn't have a jaw, he's not gonna have any tusks either.
- Added sub-mod to split the Core mod into one that just houses the races, and one that includes all of the special factions, weapons, and pawnkinds.
- Added sub-mod for those who want to play with/without all races injected into the pirate faction.
- Orcs and Draenei now have race specific blood colors.
- Forsaken Horses can no longer procreate(way to convert normal horses to forsaken horses will be added in the future.)
- Updated shitty preview images to be slightly less shitty!
- Added proper description to Nightborne scenario
- Added Babies and Children compatibility patch
- Added RJW Patch for Allied Races
- Added Evolved Organs compatibility patch
- Fixed forsaken horde tradepack texture issue.
- Fixed draenei hediffs so now they no longer have a disproportionate amount of illnesses
- Fixed blood elf hediffs so now they no longer have a disproportionatly low amount of illnesses
- Reformatted xpath's for better performance.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or criticisms for this update/mod feel free to leave a comment here or drop me an @ on discord https://discord.gg/3Dp7Zug

Cardonall

Hello, I seem to have an issue regarding trying to get the mod running - I currently have all three parts required to run the mod, as specified in the Steam page, but for some reason it gives me red lines in the debug log whenever I run Rimworld, this I tried without any mods other than the required libraries.

One of these lines read as follows:

XML error: <drawForMale>false</drawForMale> doesn't correspond to any field in type BodyAddon. Context: <li><path>Things/Hairs/NightElf/NE_F_Brow</path><bodyPart>Jaw</bodyPart><drawSize>1</drawSize><inFrontOfBody>true</inFrontOfBody><layerOffset>-.01</layerOffset><drawForMale>false</drawForMale><drawForFemale>true</drawForFemale><offsets><south><bodyTypes><Female>(-0.4235691,0.5605161)</Female></bodyTypes><crownTypes><Normal_Average>(-0.4235691,0.5605161)</Normal_Average></crownTypes></south><north><bodyTypes><Female>(-0.43,0.5155)</Female></bodyTypes><crownTypes><Normal_Average>(-0.43,0.5155)</Normal_Average></crownTypes></north><east><bodyTypes><Female>(-0.5136012,0.5669469)</Female></bodyTypes><crownTypes><Normal_Average>(-0.5136012,0.5669469)</Normal_Average></crownTypes></east></offsets><useSkinColor>false</useSkinColor><hiddenUnderApparelFor><li>FullHead</li></hiddenUnderApparelFor></li>

There is more, but I'd rather not clog up the reading any more.

If you could impart me with some wisdom on what to do with this situation, I'd appreciate it grandly.

Ryflamer

Quote from: Cardonall on July 08, 2019, 02:31:42 AM
Hello, I seem to have an issue regarding trying to get the mod running - I currently have all three parts required to run the mod, as specified in the Steam page, but for some reason it gives me red lines in the debug log whenever I run Rimworld, this I tried without any mods other than the required libraries.

One of these lines read as follows:

XML error: <drawForMale>false</drawForMale> doesn't correspond to any field in type BodyAddon. Context: <li><path>Things/Hairs/NightElf/NE_F_Brow</path><bodyPart>Jaw</bodyPart><drawSize>1</drawSize><inFrontOfBody>true</inFrontOfBody><layerOffset>-.01</layerOffset><drawForMale>false</drawForMale><drawForFemale>true</drawForFemale><offsets><south><bodyTypes><Female>(-0.4235691,0.5605161)</Female></bodyTypes><crownTypes><Normal_Average>(-0.4235691,0.5605161)</Normal_Average></crownTypes></south><north><bodyTypes><Female>(-0.43,0.5155)</Female></bodyTypes><crownTypes><Normal_Average>(-0.43,0.5155)</Normal_Average></crownTypes></north><east><bodyTypes><Female>(-0.5136012,0.5669469)</Female></bodyTypes><crownTypes><Normal_Average>(-0.5136012,0.5669469)</Normal_Average></crownTypes></east></offsets><useSkinColor>false</useSkinColor><hiddenUnderApparelFor><li>FullHead</li></hiddenUnderApparelFor></li>

There is more, but I'd rather not clog up the reading any more.

If you could impart me with some wisdom on what to do with this situation, I'd appreciate it grandly.

What three mods are you running? In the most recent update there was a split from the core mod into two more mods for module customization and that may be your issue.

Cardonall

Hello.

As specified in the aforementioned page, only the main module, pirates and factions submods are installed, aside from the libraries.

Sorry to bother like this, but I'm kinda scratching my head here.

Ryflamer

Quote from: Cardonall on July 08, 2019, 04:59:30 AM
Hello.

As specified in the aforementioned page, only the main module, pirates and factions submods are installed, aside from the libraries.

Sorry to bother like this, but I'm kinda scratching my head here.

Oh are you running an old version of humanoid alien framework? I know the <drawForMale> was a recent addition to it.

Cardonall

No, not that I think so, atleast, I've re-downloaded and updated every single mod on my roster manually to avoid this, but it seems I misplaced something. Not sure it has anything to do with the actual mod (yours), though.

That is, of course, if the RimBase link is of good fidelity.

Also thank you for responsing so quickly, I didn't expect this assistance at all!

Ryflamer

Yeah it's likely an issue with HAF then. If you wanted to pop into our discord I l can link you a zip of it there. https://discord.gg/9BJmqvX

Ryflamer

Preview of the upcoming Worgen. Initial release for them will have the male and female pawns sharing the same head, multiple different eye head types, and integration with them spawning as pirates or in the Alliance.