[1.2] [Ry]RimCraft, a World of Warcraft Rimworld Mod last update: August 12th

Started by Ryflamer, March 17, 2019, 10:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryflamer

Preview of what I've been working on and what will be in the upcoming update.
At the moment all the ears and the eyes of each pawn is tied to it's body part in-game. So that when a pawn for instance loses his left eye as a result of combat or an accident, the pawn visually loses the eye in-game. Also 1024x1024 resolution on all pawn textures up from 256x256 as well in a rimworld-like style.

Ryflamer

Poll regarding what hairs I'll be doing first with the new style I'm aiming to encompass. https://www.strawpoll.me/19162549

Will likely go with the winner on the 5th.

All hair textures will be based upon https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1888705256

Ryflamer

Preview of the upcoming hediff variable eye textures that appear when the pawn has specific injuries on specific eyes.

Ryflamer

Bit of a late changelog as update came out on 1/20 but here it is better late than never

This update includes the following for Rimcraft.

Added new textures for Blood Elves, Night Elves, Azerothian Humans, and Orcs.
New textures for all elf/orc variants including forsaken elves, void elves, high elves, and mag'har orcs.
The new textures allow for variable eyes where if your blood elf loses an eye in-game it will show that visually as well.
10 Brand new lore-friendly hairs for male and female night elves.
6 Brand new lore-friendly hairs for male and female orcs.
Added new basic faction world map icons with color support(wip).
Massive under the hood def-name changes for organization/cleaning up code so likely there will be issues upon using saves that previously had Rimcraft content.

Fixed trait compatibility with Rimhammer.
Fixed Nightborne player faction icon now showing up.
Fixed Lore description of some backstories
Temporarily removed caravans using their faction animals as a temporary fix for the red errors on occasional caravans.

Berserk

Update: Can confirm that the Rimcraft core mod causes errors or conflicts with another mod when creating worlds. It leads to every faction having only one base

Hey awesome mod! Though I'm getting errors with the Draenei race and trying to load their scenario doesn't let me generate a world. I think it might also be responsible for generated worlds having one base per faction. Here is the error log after worldgen.

Sorry for the mess, I'm not sure how to spoiler it.

Error while generating pawn. Rethrowing. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.ThingDef) <0x00180>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x000a7>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003b0>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007c1>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch2 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn_Patch2(PawnGenerationRequest)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnKindDef, Faction)
RimWorld.Faction:GenerateNewLeader()
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:NewGeneratedFaction(FactionDef)
FactionControl.FactionGenerator_GenerateFactionsIntoWorld:Prefix()
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:GenerateFactionsIntoWorld_Patch1()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenStep_Factions:GenerateFresh(String)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)
RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>m__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Error in WorldGenStep: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.ThingDef) <0x00180>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x000a7>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003b0>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007c1>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch2 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at VFECore.ScenPartUtility.FinaliseFactionGoodwillCharacteristics (RimWorld.FactionDef faction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at VFECore.FactionGoodwillModifier.FinalizeInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldComponentUtility.FinalizeInit (RimWorld.Planet.World world) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
RimWorld.Planet.WorldComponentUtility:FinalizeInit(World)
RimWorld.Planet.World:FinalizeInit()

Faction The Draenei has null relation with PlayerColony. Returning dummy relation.
RimWorld.Faction:RelationWith(Faction, Boolean)
RimWorld.Faction:GoodwillWith(Faction)
FactionControl.Patch_Faction_get_Color:Prefix(Faction, Color&)
RimWorld.Faction:get_Color_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.Planet.Settlement:get_Material()
RimWorld.Planet.<Regenerate>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
Verse.GenCollection:ExecuteEnumerable(IEnumerable)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldLayer:RegenerateNow()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldRenderer:RegenerateAllLayersNow()
RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Ryflamer

@Berserk Are you on the most recent build of Rimcraft? And currently it may cause other faction bases to not spawn as with Rimcraft factions there is a total of 7 factions which generate settlements, and as a result can lead to other factions not spawning as often.

Berserk

Quote from: Ryflamer on January 23, 2020, 05:16:20 PM
@Berserk Are you on the most recent build of Rimcraft? And currently it may cause other faction bases to not spawn as with Rimcraft factions there is a total of 7 factions which generate settlements, and as a result can lead to other factions not spawning as often.

Hey yeah I am, I was using Faction Control too so I could bypass that but I guess that doesn't work. I've had to disable the factions mod and its patches. I'm considering just starting a save without it enabled, then loading that save with Rimcraft factions enabled along with the Faction Discovery mod

Ryflamer

Yeah I'm not too sure what your issue is as I've been able to start playthroughs with rimcraft factions on and as starting as a draenei without the red error you got, as well as other faction bases appearing as well. Is your game heavily modde

Ryflamer

Just realized in your error log VFE is referenced, I know that and faction control have compatibility issues so that may be what is causing problems

Berserk

Hey, yeah sorry about that the errors and problems I had weren't because of your mod at all. On an unrelated note, could you please make a patch where your humans use Gloomy Face mk2? And thanks for taking the time to reply

Ryflamer

@Berserk a version for gloomy is unlikely to come anytime soon as currently I'm better using my time redoing the textures for the old races, rather than making a custom set for the gloomy face mod.

Ryflamer

Upcoming Draenei texture rework coming in the update later this month. Other race texture reworks coming in the update this month also include  Gnomes, Trolls,  and Nightborne. As well as finally the introduction of dwarves.

Ryflamer

Updated fancy preview for the draenei, likely will have one posted for each of the races at some point.

Ryflamer

Update for 2/24/20

This update includes the following for Rimcraft.

*Def names on animals and weapons have been changed so there may be initial red error spam/missing animals and weapons on first load after the patch*

Added Dwarves!
Added the Dwarven Ram and Fairy Dragons.
Added new textures for Gnomes, Trolls, Draenei, and Nightborne.
Added 10 new hairstyles for Blood elves(5 for male 5 for female).
Added 10 new hairstyles for Trolls(5 for male 5 for female).
Added 10 new hairstyles for Draenei(5 for male 5 for female).
Added support for bodytypes for all races(no more floating eyes).
Added proper hair descriptions for all added hairs.
Added new basic faction world map icons with color support for all factions.
Added proper faction colors for all existing factions
Added additional color variations for several different animals.
Added proper xenophobia trait support on all core races.
Added proper statbases to Tauren that was previously missing(woops).
Faction caravans now properly sell the t1 weapon of their respective factions.
Rimcraft Animals textures are now all 512x512 upscaled from 256x256

Downscaled all race textures to 512x512 as there is negligible difference between that and 1024x1024.
Removed jecstools dependancy and Rimcraft Factions now has a built in Oversized weapons assembly.
Removed several redudantant pawnkinds from NPC factions.
Removed duplicate backstoryDefs which may have caused issues with some.
Changed naming scheme and defnames of existing weapons for better organization and recognition in-game.
Changed all patch /def/ format for slightly faster xpath patch loading
Changed balancing on Rimcraft Animal egg costs to be more in-line with vanilla.

Fixed labeling on animals
Fixed hediffs on dwarves/gnomes so they no longer have a predisposition to spawning with a bunch of age related illnesses.
Fixed races spawning on the incorrect bodytypes.
Fixed various bodypart positioning on different bodytypes.
Fixed Night Elves not having the variable damaged eye textures.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or criticisms for this update/mod feel free to leave a comment here or drop me an @ on discord https://discord.gg/3Dp7Zug

Ryflamer

Updated first page with a bunch of new preview screens of animals as well as the new night elf preview art.