What cool and interesting wacky or weird scenarios have you thought up?

Started by Limdood, March 19, 2019, 05:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limdood

So I felt like sharing some of the changes I put into the scenarios when I play Rimworld.  I had two ideas, which will be two separate forum threads, just for clarity and ease of looking at one specific type of scenarios.

This thread I made for people to post their weird, off-the-wall, or extreme scenarios.  I'm looking for scenario settings that HUGELY change the basic way you play the game.  I'll share some of my ideas, and would love to hear what other people have come up with, because some of these TYPE of games can be really fun to play a couple times through (This is for big, extreme changes to make a comprehensive scenario in the scenario editor.  For little tweaks you like to use in your day-to-day games, I have another thread open and would love to hear them there).

The one idea that I have where I didn't shamelessly rip it off from something I'd read elsewhere:
Chaos Planet -
Scenario settings:
Permanent game condition - Aurora
Permanent game condition - Flashstorm
Permanent game condition - Climate Cycle
Create Incident - Meteor impact - Repeat incident every 0.1 days
Create Incident - Flashstorm - Repeat incident every 0.1 days
Create Incident - Ship chunk drop - Repeat incident every 1.5 days
Create Incident - Resource Pod Crash - Repeat incident every 1 day
Create Incident - Transport pod crash - Repeat incident every 5 days

Starting resources, pawns, faction type, and anything else is up to you.

This scenario virtually forces you into a mountain to live.  Furthermore, with the constant flashstorms, even a temperate forest will be stripped of vegetation in no time.  The meteors landing roughly every 2.5 hours make outdoor travel dangerous, but extremely lucrative.  You'll have enough resources to build a base out of stone, steel, jade, silver, uranium, gold, or plasteel no problem....but forget wood.  Food will be a real concern, with outdoor gardens almost guaranteed to fail before yielding a harvest.  Some of the events are just for flavor (like the aurora), but most should have a real game impact, and simulate trying to build a colony on a planet with a permanent dense debris field above it that constantly crashes onto it's scarred, hellish surface.

I'd love to hear any crazy scenarios that other people have come up with that they want to share, or hear stories of your attempts to try scenarios posted here.

Canute

QuoteCreate Incident - Meteor impact - Repeat incident every 0.1 days
ouuch, that remember at a HCSK playthrough when the devs adjust their Razor rain at the wrong way and the whole map got bombard with micro meteor's very often.
Only way to survive was some mountain base too.

But with these meteor's you got at last a good resource income ! :-)

Limdood

Quote from: Canute on March 20, 2019, 04:12:00 AM
But with these meteor's you got at last a good resource income ! :-)
Exactly the point.  You'll have as much steel, plasteel, or any other mineral as you want, but it's dangerous to retrieve