Quarry from Quarry Mod Creates Exception Errors

Started by Necrikus, March 19, 2019, 08:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrikus

Ever since I had gotten this game, I occasionally would add new mods as I felt more comfortable with expanding on the game. Out of my interest to tidy up my mod order, I followed a recommended method of sorting mods from a discord channel I was on.

Things seemed okay at first with a new game I had started today until I noticed something very unusual happen; the game began to run at the base (x1) speed, regardless of setting it to higher speed settings. I know for a fact that it was not due to combat as there were no hostile present and the faster speed settings were not crossed out the way they normally are during combat. Likewise, when quitting the game and reloading, the speed settings would work fine once again, until a minute or so passes, when the game speed reverts to 1x again.

Since I use Smart Speed and encountered a similar (but different) problem in the past with it, I disabled it and reloaded the save. This time, the speed settings worked fine up until not only did the game revert to 1x speed, but my pawns stopped in place. The game didn't freeze, and if I recruited them, I could make them move and I think one or two continued on with a task, but the others just stood still.

So somehow, removing smart speed made things worse.

I'll put in my Hugslib log, so hopefully, someone can figure out this issue. I'm still very new to this game so I'm not particularly good at figuring out where to find the issue and for the most part, I've been playing with these mods just fine for a while, so I can't think of which one could be making the difference.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/953717dfb203497e8a44426150f8b4d7

Canute

Hi,
unfortunately the log don't contain any log from the running game so far, only from the startup. Did you made the log after you loaded the safegame ?
But the log looks beside 2 errors good so far.

Yes you are right the x1 speed happen when some combat happen so far .
Does your map got some undiscovered areas ? Then you should try to use devs tools to reveal these areas to check these.

Necrikus

I'm usually used to finding conflicts like this based on the mod-order alone, so I messed up a bit here.

In between now and when I first posted here, I reorganized my mod order and discovered the cause of the bug; building a quarry from the Quarry mod (just having the mod does not appear to cause issues until I build either the regular or small-sized quarry in-game).

This time I have taken the log after replicating the bug in-game, so hopefully, that will be more helpful in trying to figure out the problem.

Necrikus

Further update.  It is lag, but not complete lag. The speed of the game is slowed down to x1, but there is no input lag or the like.

The presence of a quarry causes a random exception error on a random pawn. That pawn stops moving and performing actions and the Debug Log gets filled with "IndexOutOfRangeException" reports, ticking on the pawn in question.

If I force the pawn to move by recruiting them, they stop ticking, but another pawn is centered on the error. This only seems to happen whenever a quarry is built, so a game can run fine for hours until I decide to make a quarry, after that, it seems to create a ticking timebomb.

https://git.io/fjfKY

Canute

Hi,
i think the lag comes from Vampire mod, Armadillo can't reach/access something (i think to drink blood).
The error include the modnames Prisonlabor and WhileYoureUp.
I would try to disable WhileYoureUp at first and check if that solve this problem.

If that don't help, PrisonLabor not sure if you can disable during gameplay. But you can try to move it above or below Vampire mod.