DESurgeries 1.1 (Unofficial Update)

Started by MisterZealot, February 29, 2020, 02:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterZealot

I took the liberty of updating this marvelous mod to version 1.1
tested and working on my end, If you have any issues I might be useless in helping you, I have no idea what I'm doing, just trying to give something back to this wonderful community =P

Based on kaptain_kavern's 1.0 version
DESurgeries mod (originally by DarknessEyes) + tweaks from Aristocat's Medical Complication Mod Pack

Official description:

Adds new surgeries to Rimworld.
- 2 cosmetic surgeries: Ear and Nose.
- 9 chronic surgeries: Bad back, Frail, Cataract, Hearing loss, Dementia, Alzheimers, Asthma, Cirrhosis and Heart artery blockage.
- 12 injury surgeries: Burn, Crush, Crack, Cut, Surgical cut, Scratch, Bite, Stab, Gunshot, Shredded, Bruise, Frostbite.
- 2 Parasite surgeries : Muscle Parasite, Gut Worms
- 12 bone/limb surgeries: Finger, Toe, Mandible, Pelvis, Clavicles, Sternum, Ribs, Radius, Humerus, Femur, Tibia and Spine.

############ Description ############

The more the surgery difficulty increase, the more the Quality/Cleanliness of the hospital bed/room and the Medicine skill value will impact chances of success

## Easy surgeries ##
- You can choose to quickly treat those injuries instead of waiting for them to slowly heal (and maybe cause infections), but it will cost you more medical resources.
- Burn, Crush, Crack, Cut, Surgical cut, Scratch, Bite, Stab, Gunshot, Shredded, Bruise and Frostbite.
- Work: 2,000.
- Requires 2 units of medicine (Healroots can be used).
- Requires level 5 in Medicine.

## Normal surgeries ##
- Mandible, Finger, Toe, Clavicles, Ear, Nose and Hearing loss.
- Work: 3,000.
- Requires 2 units of medicine (Healroots cannot be used).
- Requires level 8 in Medicine.
- Mandible and clavicles surgeries requires 10 Plasteel.

## Hard surgeries ##
- You can try to heal Muscle Parasites and Gut Worms in one operation (instead of waiting for the 5 treatments in Vanilla) but it will cost you 5 units of medicine in one time. Also be aware of the risk of lethal failures (if the operation fail then there is a 10% chance of killing the patient)
- Asthma, Cataract, Bad back, Frail, Rib cage, Spine, Pelvis, Sternum, Muscle Parasites and Gut Worms.
- Work: 4,500.
- Requires 3 units of medicine (Healroots cannot be used).
- Requires level 10 in Medicine.
- !! On failure there is 10% chance to kill the patient !!
- Spine surgery and Bad Back treatment also requires 30 Plasteel.
- Pelvis, Sternum, Rib Cage surgery and Frail treatment also requires 24 Plasteel.
- Muscle Parasites and Gut Worms treatment requires 5 units of medicine

## Very hard surgeries ##
- Dementia, Alzheimers and Heart artery blockage.
- Work: 6,000.
- Requires 3 units of Glitterworld Medicine (Healroots and standard medecine cannot be used).
- Requires level 15 in Medicine.
- !! On failure there is 20% chance to kill the patient. !!

Thanks to our Translators !
- RU : by Man232 and Desert Rain
- JP : by Proxyer - Professional japanese mod translator ^^ - Go check all his mod translations

------------------------------------
1.1 Version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qBNzaKv7FaDx-3wkYG6xnHAgZNZYuma8
Older versions can be found here: https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/DESurgeries/releases