Colonist is stuck, rapid-fire error messages when moused over. UI errors also.

Started by Croooow, March 21, 2019, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croooow

My pawn Joseph is stuck in place, unable to perform any actions at all. He's queued to haul steel slag, but recruiting him doesn't "unstick" him, nor does using Dev Mode to delete the slag. I can't direct him to any other jobs, either.

Furthermore, on my Assign tab, I can only see the first 14 pawns, UNTIL Joseph, and his work checklist is blank. If I scroll past him, moving his entry COMPLETELY offscreen, the rest of my Assign tab functions as normal, unless I scroll him back on.

Mousing over Joseph makes the UI completely disappear except for his own pane, which is missing everything except his name and job. I can access his other tabs, but his Gear won't show up at all.

He's also mostly invulnerable. I thought maybe killing him and resurrecting him might help. I've directed colonists to fire at him. His shield belt breaks, but he takes no damage beyond that. Attacking him from melee doesn't work either - The attacker swings once, fails to deal damage, then stops attacking.

Dev Mode-ing injuries on him doesn't seem to work either - I've managed to inflict some sicknesses on him, but he takes no apparent damage from adding injuries or attempting to inflict damage.

Lastly, trying to arrest him does no good - I simply can't click on "Try to arrest Joseph, Diplomat". Although, "Go here" works, so it's not an input issue.

I'm just at a loss now, so I'm hoping this forum can shed some light on it. I have almost 200 hours in this colony alone, so I'd hate to have to abandon it now.

My output_log.txt is too large to attach (8389 kb), but the error message that keeps being repeated is as follows:

Exception ticking Joseph (at (85, 0, 37)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.Inspiration.InspirationTick () <0x0003f>
at RimWorld.InspirationHandler.InspirationHandlerTick () <0x0002b>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_MindState.MindStateTick () <0x000b9>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch2 (object) <0x002c9>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Exception while recalculating EnvironmentCold thought state for pawn Joseph: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValueUnfinalized_Patch1 (object,RimWorld.StatRequest,bool) <0x00c1c>
at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (RimWorld.StatRequest,bool) <0x0014a>
at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00070>
at OvercappedAccuracy.OvercappedAccuracy/StatExtension_GetStatValue_Patch.Prefix (single&,Verse.Thing,RimWorld.StatDef,bool) <0x00053>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.StatExtension.GetStatValue_Patch2 (Verse.Thing,RimWorld.StatDef,bool) <0x0004f>
at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker_Cold.CurrentStateInternal (Verse.Pawn) <0x00035>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.ThoughtWorker.CurrentState_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn) <0x00040>
at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.TryCreateThought (RimWorld.ThoughtDef) <0x000b5>

RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:TryCreateThought(ThoughtDef)
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:CheckRecalculateMoodThoughts()
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:AppendMoodThoughts(List`1)
RimWorld.ThoughtHandler:GetAllMoodThoughts(List`1)
RimWorld.<AffectedPawns>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Linq.<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2:MoveNext()
RimWorld.AlertReport:get_AnyCulpritValid()
RimWorld.AlertReport:CulpritsAre(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.Alert_Thought:GetReport()
RimWorld.Alert:get_Active()
RimWorld.AlertsReadout:AlertsReadoutUpdate()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)

Exception while recalculating EnvironmentHot thought state for pawn Joseph: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValueUnfinalized_Patch1 (object,RimWorld.StatRequest,bool) <0x00c1c>
at OvercappedAccuracy.OvercappedAccuracy/StatExtension_GetStatValue_Patch.Prefix (single&,Verse.Thing,RimWorld.StatDef,bool) <0x00053>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.StatExtension.GetStatValue_Patch2 (Verse.Thing,RimWorld.StatDef,bool) <0x0004f>
at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker_Hot.CurrentStateInternal (Verse.Pawn) <0x00035>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.ThoughtWorker.CurrentState_Patch1 (object,Verse.Pawn) <0x00040>
at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.TryCreateThought (RimWorld.ThoughtDef) <0x000b5>

RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:TryCreateThought(ThoughtDef)
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:CheckRecalculateMoodThoughts()
RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler:AppendMoodThoughts(List`1)
RimWorld.ThoughtHandler:GetAllMoodThoughts(List`1)
RimWorld.<AffectedPawns>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Linq.<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2:MoveNext()
RimWorld.AlertReport:get_AnyCulpritValid()
RimWorld.Alert_Thought:GetReport()
RimWorld.Alert:get_Active()
RimWorld.AlertsReadout:AlertsReadoutUpdate()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)

Exception ticking Joseph (at (85, 0, 37)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.Inspiration.InspirationTick () <0x0003f>
at RimWorld.InspirationHandler.InspirationHandlerTick () <0x0002b>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_MindState.MindStateTick () <0x000b9>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch2 (object) <0x002c9>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.get_InPainShock () <0x00056>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.HealthUtility.GetGeneralConditionLabel_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,bool) <0x000f4>
at Verse.Pawn.GetTooltip () <0x002ba>
at Verse.TooltipGiverList.DispenseAllThingTooltips () <0x004de>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs_Patch1 (object) <0x0019e>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x0009c>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

Verse.Root:OnGUI()

If the reader requires any additional information, I'll be happy to try and provide it.

Croooow

Using the Kill command then resurrecting him unstuck him, and my Assign menu is back to normal now. Still not sure what happened, though.

SergeshD123

I have a similar error. The problem turns out to be that a pawn tries to look at some work of art, but gets stuck and bugs the whole game out. I fixed it temporarily by destroying all sculptures in my colony. Must be caused by mod incompatibility. If you can give me your mod list, I'll see if I can narrow down the list of suspects.