[1.0] Medical Supplements (2018/12/24)

Started by Pelador, March 22, 2019, 01:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelador

Spoke to the author of smart medicine.

Unfortunately, he wants to retain the idea that the best medicine is always the best option. And I can see this philosophy as being purposeful for the idea of applying the medicine even if this doesn't accommodate the management of medicine stocks as readily where these considerations are  more required on a macro scale rather than individual treatment. Also smart medicine does have specific settings that can be applied for differing conditions if needed, but again these will still use the vanilla items as the basis for selection.

I have been told that the pharmacy mod can also be used alongside smart medicine to help with medicine selection for condition sets if needed, though again only uses the current vanilla definition categories.

The limitations set by the game to do with medicine selection levels seem to be the limiting factor to allow players to specify modded medicines as part of the settings that both the vanilla game and other mods then tend to use to specify as limits, though smart medicine uses it's own selection conditions based upon vanilla medicine levels.

---

What I intend to do is look into the base selection process with a view to seeing if these can be patched for MS to allow the additional medicine items to be included in the selection types for both vanilla GUI's and modded GUIs if they also use the vanilla selection categories to base their medicine selection for functionality and also consider how this might impact other GUIs including modded. There may be significant compatibility issues with using this method however where mods also add in medical selection displays, so will need some care and attention to apply if this seems an appropriate method. I may need to discuss this further with other modders as a part of this review process.

In the interim, the bandages can still be applied as useful caravan items as intended and applied where availability of equivalent vanilla medicine is limited or not apparent.

Pelador

@Update

Compatibility with RimCuisine V1.2 for both Medical and Social supplements.

Pelador

AllisonIsLivid

You mention that this is compatible with Garden Medicine, but how do they interact exactly? The bandages and several of the medications seem like they would overlap in function, so is one mods version given priority over the other?
Living in the past, I think if I remember that I'll forget this. I know you will.

Pelador

@AllisonIsLivid

There is some duplication with "function" if you are also using the VG Garden Medicine mod, with differing capabilities.

The compatibilty provided is to avoid the duplication of a bulk Penoxycyclone recipe.

For bandages, this will depend also on what other mods you might be applying to control medical use. But in the main given the additional tech level of the MS bandages provided and with their improved medical quality these would be considered preferable to the VG GM version.

The duplication of the other medicine recipes is the MS interpretation of making them. So for example in the case of Glitterworld medicine that describes the use of high tech devices, I have made the component elements include plasteel and hyperweave as opposed to ambrosia to reflect this, as it adheres more closely to the vanilla lore imho. Also, since other VG mods provide the ability to grow ambrosia quite readily this makes Glitterworld medicine incidental to make.

I felt it important not to remove the VG GM elements however, even if differing from the MS interpretation, to allow player choice with these elements.

Pelador

@Update

Added Medical Mat items. (Details on initial page).

Pelador

@Update

Research project descriptions improved.

Pelador

MS Drugs reference provided as a PDF for use as preferred. (Found on initial post)

MS Drugs Reference (PDF)

Pelador

@Update

Compatibility update for new Social supplements elements.

Social Supplements now has added "spice" and Morel mushrooms.

Utility Supplements now has Tear Gas.

Pelador

@Update

1) Categorised precursor elements into a manufactured resource category (Glycerol also in foods).
2) Hediff Colours changed to a consistant blue colour.
3) New surgeries with additional items. (See above and drug pdf).
4) All buildings for MS placed in the MISC category.
5) Added Mercury Salts, Ethyl Mercury - Precursor Chemicals.
6) Added immunisation process to alter Immunity traits.
7) Compatibility with Fertile fields Rock Mill
8 ) Added RimBurnEaze - Cream to help heal burn injuries.
9) Firethroat will now improve the flu tending process.

(Notes updated).

Pelador

@update

• Additional drugs: Rimcetamol and RimSnooze.
    Additional injection: Cerebrax
    Additional Utlratech: Battlestims.
    Additional Production facilities "Drug chemical Mixer".
    With the use of the mod RimPlas there is now a feasible way of producing Luciferium.
    Some balance tweaks and patch fixes.

Senio

Pelador

@Update Social Supplements.

Categorisation of spice food additionally maintained in the FoodMeals thing category for compatibility with some Policy mods.

Pelador

@Update

Now includes Battle Stim belt/waist utility attachment. This allows you to use a custom slot area (thus not removing a belt item for use) to store a stim as apparel/equipment and is made at a tailoring bench with a little bit of leather.

Pelador

@Update

Additional precursor chemicals: Sulphur, Sulphuric acid, Ethanol (Synthetic) and Hydrogen Peroxide.

(Synthetic ethanol can be used in the recipe for Glycerol as a substitute for beer.)
All chemicals can be made in the Drug Mixer as preferred.
Some of the Drug recipes updated to accept the above chemicals as potential "alternatives" as part of the ingredients.

Other potential future use of these chemicals is a WIP. Including cross-linked usage to other mods.