[1.0] Medical Supplements (2018/12/24)

Started by Pelador, March 22, 2019, 01:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelador

@Update

Condoms added. Further details can be found in the PDF. They have been provided primarily as a compatibility item with the mod "Common Ailments" due to the introduction of minor STIs.

(There is additional pawn AI associated with its use and the PDF covers how best to apply it.)

Pelador

@Update

Condoms will act as a birth control item with the mod "Children, School and Learning".

Pelador

@Update

Glycerol has been made less preferable as a food item to animals.

Pelador

@update

Kuratheris's extra stone mod now has mining "bits" support for the custom stones.

(I tried to tweak the stones a little bit to incorporate a bit of sensible geology as to what to expect, but for game play needs still allowing for the production of at least some MS "bits" in most cases. If there are any glaring miss-interpretations here would any geologists let me know so I can tweak the rocks accordingly).

Pelador

@Update: Utility supplements

Added antifreeze with sprayer and shell delivery systems. Can be used to clear snow over time. (As with all form of filth the cleaning work needs to be managed not to simply remove the antifreeze).

Pelador

@Update

Medical supplements and Social supplements compatibility: will use fruits and fungi in recipes.

vovik

- Read, hesitate
- Read again, too much stuff added, still hesitate
- Read again, realize that rim chemistry is quite not developed, still hesitate
- Still hesitate
- Read again
- seems legit, sold $$
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Tocato

how does this affect a mod like psychology which dont play well with mods that add new traits?

Pelador

Quote from: Tocato on August 18, 2019, 07:22:21 PM
how does this affect a mod like psychology which dont play well with mods that add new traits?

This mod doesn't add any new traits, the relevant drugs (injections) only effect vanilla traits.

Kori

Related to Social Supplements:

The recipes for spicy Pemmican have MealSimple in their fixedIngredientFilter instead of Pemmican.

Pelador

Quote from: Kori on August 19, 2019, 07:20:19 AM
Related to Social Supplements:

The recipes for spicy Pemmican have MealSimple in their fixedIngredientFilter instead of Pemmican.

now been corrected, ty.

Kori

Pelador

@Update

MS, SS & US: Chinese (Simplified) - Translation.

Kudos and thanks to "Maxwell.J" for providing the language support. It should be noted that given the amount of associated content in the mods, it is a significant contribution that will benefit the RW Chinese community.

ThiIsMe007

This mod, Apothecary and Common Ailments are great. I especially like how they work together with other mods.

The only issue I'm having with these mods is that by the time I reasonably manage to produce my first preventives or curatives my pawns have already died of old age.

Okay, just kidding, but there's just too much to research, and too many different diseases happening too fast and too frequently. They aren't close to being lethal, and add some welcome variety, but require downtime. One can't reasonably expect players to postpone researching the essentials, like power upgrades or turrets, just so they could cure a flu, and then another research for a migraine, and then another for asthma or whatever... Also, too many ingredients that I cannot use (or sell) clogging up base inventory space.

Some serious revisions to how they mesh into the usual game flow would be welcome (especially on higher difficulties, where you don't have the luxury to waste research/production time before acquiring a M-A).

EDIT : I still very much like the concept of the mods.

Pelador

@ThiIsMe007

Thank you for the feedback.

I might be able to provide mod options so that the overall research time can be varied or factored by the player. Allowing changes to the research tree would be perhaps more impactful as a process since it would be easy to have options to consolidate these, but then having the possibility of expanding them again perhaps more problematic. I can at least consider this but would favor the ability to vary research times as a better solution.

I also want to avoid the idea of having "lite" versions of the mods as I don't personally want to support numerous versions of them, as this simply adds to the overhead of the modding process. The mod elements are however modular at the moment which allows for "fast-tracking" preferred elements or as a capability of which drugs might be considered more essential than others when selecting what to research and use, this I think adding to the importance of game choices rather than acting as a hindrance, the reservation you seem to have being more the overall time investment involved. The segregation of researched drugs do however emulate how these are discovered and applied in real life as individual parts and at the same time being time-consuming. But this doesn't have to follow this model so rigorously in RW or at least in providing options to allow a greater player choice here as described above?

Common Ailments also has mod options that allow you to vary the frequency and possibility of contraction, so control from the player side already allows personal configuration as to how impactful these are. But if these ranges need to be extended to accommodate additional play style possibilities these types of choices can be more readily accommodated. You might need to help me here with what potential values might be preferred as option possibilities?

As always the value of the drugs and their capabilities is balanced against their research, production and operational management. Which can vary dependant on colonist population, tech level and how industrious/commercial you want to apply them, this is the same for any additional modded elements. And the inclusion of a number of steps and precursor processes only adds to gameplay (imho) even if this extends the timeline, though these processes are usually designed to share the precursor elements to some extent. Note, I wouldn't expect these mods to be utilized on say a speed run. This design philosophy preventing the idea of "incidental" rewards and adding gameplay elements intending to enrich the process of playing the game.

I will make a point to add a future review to consider sensible consolidations when I have time to apply myself to the task. Since I do recognise that the evolution of these mods has provided a lot of content so perhaps sensible at this point to do this.