Forum Improvment

Started by TiberianSun371AlexW, March 22, 2019, 10:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiberianSun371AlexW

Could we change the forums so that you can watch certain posts at will? For example, I posted on some threads that keep getting lots of traffic, but I don't want to keep following them. The "Show new Replies to your Posts" is indiscriminate.

Pangaea

Not entirely sure what you meant with that. But one improvement I'd love to see is for the numbers/buttons for next page, both in threads and sub-forums, to be bigger. It's a right pain, even on PC, and on mobiles I always need to zoom in wildly to be able to use them. Just a big-ish "PREVIOUS", "NEXT" button would be a great improvement.

TiberianSun371AlexW

Alternatehistory.com has an example of both improvements.

In our forums, if you click "show replies to your posts" you get an indiscriminate list of every single thread you posted to, even ones you don't want to see replies to. In their forums, you can subscribe to only the threads you want.

Here the "previous" and "next" are comically tiny. I really don't care how much of a pain it is on mobile or tablet since forums aren't supposed to cater to their tiny screens, but I'm a PC user and yeah the buttons are tiny. In their forums there are page numbers which are reasonably sized. More importantly, there is a little arrow button of left and right, most other forums only let you navigate two pages before and after but their arrow system allows nice navigations. It's a shame their admin is less sensible than their webdesign.