Do-Not-Fire Zone

Started by Halinder, July 17, 2014, 09:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halinder

As one who enjoys their artillery, it's quite nerve-wracking when you expect your fully responsible mortar crew (consisting of a single chef) decides it's a good idea to surprise the enemy at your door by opening it for them -- and of course I mean opening a hole in your previously secure blood fort. Is it possible to mark areas off for turrets/mortars to not fire on? If not, can this be made a thing?

BetaSpectre

Too bad Mortars are so inaccurate he'd probably still hit there regardless, I'm all in favor of more accurate Mortars on both sides.

But this idea isn't bad.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Shinzy

it'd still remove the chance of your mortars to target the lone angry squirrel biting on the ankles of one of your guys

while there's a real threat out there

atleast I think it was a squirrel
I don't know what exactly happened but I had three mortar rounds fired on my outer perimeter wall with one of my guys walking there

she survived thanks to her power armor but
the wall didn't. and if they were indeed targeting a squirrel it's body didn't make it
I don't know what else it could have been =P

deadbeat88

I prefer an "bombardment zone" where artilleries will only fire in that area. This zone should be a small zone but should give a bonus accuracy to the mortars.. kinda like in the ones in Rome totalwar. Hehe.
Whatever you do, don't do it!