[SCENARIO] [Alpha 5d] CustomScenario - Ship Repair

Started by ItchyFlea, July 18, 2014, 03:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

CustomScenario - Ship Repair

Scenario Description:

Only a minute after launching your ship, a solar flare occurred, causing all the ship systems to shut down.

Your ship crashed into the side of a hill, destroying the AI computer core.
This hill just happened to be near a pirate base, the same pirates that have been attacking you since your escape pods landed on this planet.

Now you have the chance to enact revenge, and raid the pirates for a change. You also need to repair your ship, and they happen to have exactly what you need.

Scenario Objective: Repair your damaged ship and attempt to leave the planet again.
Bonus Objective: Free the pirates' prisoners.

How to install/play:

Step 1: Unzip the contents of ScenarioHelper - Ship Repair.7z and place it into the mod folder.
Step 2: Unzip the contents of Scenario-ShipRepair.7z and place all 3 files into your saves folder.
Step 3: Activate the mod "ScenarioHelper" in your mod menu.
Step 4: Load the one you wish to play as if it was an ordinary saved game.
There are 3 versions. Easy, Normal and Hard.
Easy has an assortment of weapons for you to choose from.
Normal has only Uzis or Shotguns to choose from.
Hard leaves you with nothing but pistols.

• I highly recommend disabling all other mods, leaving the Core Mod and the ScenarioHelper Mod active when playing the scenario.
Mod Team:
Downloads:
Notes:
  • You can force-fire on objects by pushing the "F" key with drafted colonists selected then clicking on what you wish them to fire at.
  • Your colonists do not have the keys to the pirate base doors, so you'll need to shoot your way in.
  • When your colonists are not drafted, an error message "RimWorld.JobGiver_WanderColony found no wanderDest..." will appear on the screen. You can safely ignore this message, as it's a side-effect of how I made this scenario.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Ender

i dont know if u realised but the raider base doesn't seem to actually have working power...

though a great scenario once again Itchy, keep up the great work man!
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Ender on July 18, 2014, 03:50:35 AM
i dont know if u realised but the raider base doesn't seem to actually have working power...
The solar flare is the cause of that. :)

Quote from: Ender on July 18, 2014, 03:50:35 AM
though a great scenario once again Itchy, keep up the great work man!
Thanks. Depending on how much free time I get, there may be some more coming for Alpha 5. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

BetaSpectre

Liked the Scenario make more xD, But that said I half expected something to happen after making the ship, or that the prisoners would join after freeing them not just escape xD.

Started off on Hard mode, then to normal, then easy.
Killed 2 raiders on hard caught 1, on normal killed 3 raiders, on easy killed them all.

With each run except easy I was able to capture and retool the raider base into my own. On easy all my colonists became insane xD.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

coolkiller02

Another epic scenario. This is the first I have actually seen by you but I have watched them on youtube before I had rimworld. Problem is I cant install this because I dont seem to have a saves folder.. Im gonna try something to get it workin though. Cant wait until I do.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: coolkiller02 on July 27, 2014, 06:09:20 AM
Another epic scenario. This is the first I have actually seen by you but I have watched them on youtube before I had rimworld. Problem is I cant install this because I dont seem to have a saves folder.. Im gonna try something to get it workin though. Cant wait until I do.
I know of two YouTuber's that have made videos of themselves playing my scenarios. It's fun to watch. :)

The saves folder isn't with the game itself.
In Windows Vista and above it's found here: C:\Users\[Current user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\

coolkiller02

Thanks for helping, I have finally found the file.  :D I cant wait to finally play this scenario.  :)

axenn

A suggestion.

a Wall that descends when you walk on a trap or inversely. For hide turret that will  appears only in certain conditions.