[Mod Request] SeedsPlease Convenience Patch

Started by Woloszyn, April 27, 2019, 03:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woloszyn

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to create a patch that makes 0-4 seeds drop from every harvested plant. Having to set up the table is too much of a hassle, and in every game I've played, it leads to my colony's death within 40-or-so days. Plus, it takes too long to make, set up, and use, and my colonists never craft at it because crafting is typically lowest priority. Even *then*, my colonists tend to work at a crafting spot and practically every other crafting area before finally working at the seeds bench.

Basically, I feel that the seeds bench is completely unnecessary, and is making the mod (literally) unplayable for me. I'd like to add realism to my games, but with the mods i've already got, being able to only gather food by hunting is inefficient and unreliable. I'm aware that seeds already drop when harvesting wild plants, but it's only about 1 or 2 seeds with a 66% chance of dropping nothing.

Tl;Dr I'd like to circumvent the seeds bench in SeedsPlease by having every harvested plant drop between 0-4 seeds, with 3-4 seeds dropping being the rarest, 1-2 seeds being extremely common, and 0 seeds being a little uncommon but still possible. The removal of the seeds bench entirely would be nice, too, so it doesn't have to load the Def and it won't show up in caravans.